|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Puerto Refugio?
(a) It is so solemn, with people walking with their heads bowed.
(b) It is a crime-infested town which is not highly recommended by locals.
(c) It is busy with a lot of tourists and vacationers.
(d) It is desolate and inhabited only by rattlesnakes.
2. What does Steinbeck notice about the sense of time of the local people of Cabo San Lucas?
(a) They seem to all walk faster, indicating that they have a faster sense of time.
(b) There is nothing different about their sense of time and that of the indigents'.
(c) It is reversed, sleeping during the day and working during the night.
(d) It seems so different from their own.
3. Where is the expedition party heading?
(a) They arre heading north to their destination.
(b) They arre heading west to their destination.
(c) They are heading south to their destination.
(d) They arre heading east to their destination.
4. What does Tex find out about the skiff's outboard motor?
(a) It runs perfectly when placed in water on board, but not in the actual ocean.
(b) It is already falling apart and as such can no longer be used.
(c) It runs perfectly when sprinkled with salt first prior to starting.
(d) It runs perfectly when there is no one aboard the ship.
5. Where does the expedition party go on the morning of March 23, Black Saturday?
(a) San Jose Island.
(b) La Luz Bay.
(c) Magdalena Bay.
(d) San Diego Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the expedition party do after sorting the specimen they have collected?
2. What is taking place on the day before the expedition party leaves for its journey?
3. What instrument does Raul use, which Steinbeck and Ricketts buy from him?
4. What observation do Steinbeck and Ricketts have regarding the marine life in Coronado Island and Monterey Bay?
5. On March 18, where does the expedition party end up going when a wind rises before they were able to anchor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)