|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the Mexicans and Americans that they meet in Angeles Bay?
(a) They are easily identifiable from the tattoo that they have on their arm.
(b) They claim to be friends of Tiny and Sparky and insisted on joining them.
(c) They claim to be fishing but seem overly interested in what the expedition is doing and when they are leaving.
(d) They all wear straw hats and Hawaiian shirts.
2. What feeling does the expedition party have as they leave Angeles Bay?
(a) Everyone in the team feels that they have finally found the best place to conduct scientific experiments in Angeles Bay.
(b) The team members feel like their stay in Angeles Bay was cut short because of the presence of the Americans and Mexicans.
(c) The team members feel as if they belong in Angeles Bay and do not like to leave.
(d) Everybody on the team feels that they are interfering with some illicit activity.
3. How is the team's photography effort described in general?
(a) It is neither remarkably good or remarkably bad.
(b) It is so remarkable that it is cited as an example of what expeditions should follow during voyages.
(c) It is so poor that it is used as an example of what shouldn't be done with a camera.
(d) There is nothing mentioned about the team's photography efforts.
4. What do the Mexican officials do with the expedition party?
(a) They arrive to inspect the expedition party's baggages including the marine life they have caught.
(b) They arrive to discuss with Steinbeck the possibility of making a book about Cabo San Lucas.
(c) They arrive to talk to Steinbeck and Ricketts another expedition to be done within the year.
(d) They arrive for a welcoming ceremony including coffee, smoking and a bit of paperwork.
5. What does the crew call the invertebrates that Steinbeck and Ricketts catch?
(d) No Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What limitation does the expedition party have that is particular to their voyage?
2. What does the party find in Angeles Bay?
3. What is the best description for Angeles Bay?
4. Why is the crew unable to collect many specimens on the day following Easter Sunday?
5. What is a Sally Lightfoot crab?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)