|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Easter Sunday, despite facing difficulties collecting specimens, Steinbeck and Ricketts are able to catch a significant marine life - what is it?
(a) A small, printed seahorse.
(b) A large, beautiful lobster.
(c) A shiny, white porpoise.
(d) A large, century old turtle.
2. What does the party find in Angeles Bay?
(a) They find that it was closed to tourists and voyagers and they had to return to sea immediately.
(b) There seems to be an unknown settlement with a very odd sense of something strange going on.
(c) They find that there are a dozen men who want to be part of their team.
(d) They find another expedition party heading to the same destination like them.
3. What is the best description for Angeles Bay?
(a) It is where several expedition parties meet up and exchange information.
(b) It is the last place where expedition party members can grab a few drinks before getting back to the boat.
(c) It is the last collecting stop of the expedition on the west side of the Gulf.
(d) It is a trading town where goods can be exchanged, sold and bought.
4. Where does the expedition party sail next on Easter Sunday?
(a) Out of the lagoon and to the next collecting stop south of Marcial Point.
(b) They return to Magdalene Bay because tex forgot the collections he had.
(c) They leave La Paz and sail north to Tribecca.
(d) They finally sail to Cortez, Mexico.
5. After facing difficulties collecting specimens, what do Steinbeck and Ricketts do instead on Easter Sunday ?
(a) They place a light near the surface of the water, and catch what the light attracts.
(b) They place a big basin just near the shore and catch whatever the tide brings in.
(c) Tex, Tiny and Sparky are tasked to catch everything that comes ashore.
(d) Steinbeck and Ricketts hire several locals to do it for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mexican officials do with the expedition party?
2. What does the crew call the invertebrates that Steinbeck and Ricketts catch?
3. How does the author describe the Mexicans and Americans that they meet in Angeles Bay?
4. What limitation does the expedition party have that is particular to their voyage?
5. What feeling does the expedition party have as they leave Angeles Bay?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)