The 20 enjoyable, interactive classroom activities that are included will help your students understand the text in amusing ways. Fun Classroom Activities include group projects, games, critical thinking activities, brainstorming sessions, writing poems, drawing or sketching, and more that will allow your students to interact with each other, be creative, and ultimately grasp key concepts from the text by "doing" rather than simply studying.
1. Planning An Expedition
* Divide the class into groups of ten.
* Ask each group to plan an imaginary expedition for their group, whether by land, sea or air.
* Ask them to give specific roles to each member of the class as they will be the pilots, captains, drivers of their own expeditions.
* Ask them to come up with a route, complete with time and schedules, and list of things to do in each stop.
2. The Western Flyer
* The Western Flyer is not physically described.
* Form groups...
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)