Planning An Expedition
• Divide the class into groups of ten.
• Ask each group to plan an imaginary expedition for their group, whether by land, sea or air.
• Ask them to give specific roles to each member of the class as they will be the pilots, captains, drivers of their own expeditions.
• Ask them to come up with a route, complete with time and schedules, and list of things to do in each stop.
The Western Flyer
• The Western Flyer is not physically described.
• Form groups of five from the class and ask each group to come up with a model for the Western Flyer, based on how they picture the Western Flyer from the story.
• Pirates are known for their particular fashion.
• While Steinbeck and the rest of the expedition party are not pirates, they are nevertheless seafarers.
• Divide the class into groups...
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)