|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh compliment Mike on while he is drunk?
2. What keeps Mike away after burying the portrait of Amelia?
3. Why does Sleepy Eye kill the assemblyman's partners?
4. Where does the Ghost have Mike practicing?
5. How does Mike feel when he is around the White Crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
2. Why does Mike choose to create comic strips of Amelia?
3. What does Mike do for Lito before leaving for his first job?
4. What does the Ghost say about the broken safe?
5. Why did Mike get in his father's gun safe?
6. What does Amelia show in her first comic strip for Mike?
7. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
8. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
9. Why is Ghost leaving for Florida?
10. How does Mike feel when he hears the red pager beeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the pager system that Mike followed and how the integration of it changed the course of this plot.
Essay Topic 3
Lucy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)