|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Mike and Lucy make love?
2. Who tells Mike to stop sneaking into Amelia's room?
3. What kind of tools does Mr. Marsh give Mike in his office?
4. Where is Mike told to go after he makes love to Lucy?
5. Why is Amelia sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Assembly Man die, and why?
2. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
3. What does Mike steal from Lito and why?
4. What happens the day before Amelia comes home?
5. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
6. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
7. What does the Ghost tell Mike about himself?
8. How does Mr. Marsh convince Mike to help him?
9. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
10. What happens when the back door is left unlocked for Mike at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Lucy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)