|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many safes are in the room when Mike first meets Ghost?
2. Why is Amelia not at home when Mike visits Michigan?
3. Where does Mike first meet with Sleepy Eyes on the first day of school?
4. What does Mike pretend to hear when working with the safes?
5. What causes Mike to do whatever Mr. Marsh asks of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
2. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
3. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
4. What about the White Crew reminds Mike of Amelia?
5. What causes the Man From Detroit to give Mike a second chance?
6. What does Mr. Marsh want to use Mike's talents for?
7. What does Amelia show in her first comic strip for Mike?
8. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
9. What is a big part of Mike's probation as school starts up?
10. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of education did Mike receive, and how did it differ from traditional forms of education?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mike say he was a slave, and what led to this enslavement?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)