|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day after Mike is able to open the safe?
2. What does Mike like to do with Gunnar in their spare time?
3. What does Mike leave on Amelia's dresser after picking the Marshall's new lock?
4. What kind of motorcycle does Lito get for Mike?
5. What does Mr. Marsh call Mike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
2. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
3. What does Amelia show in her first comic strip for Mike?
4. What does the Ghost say about the broken safe?
5. What causes the Man From Detroit to give Mike a second chance?
6. Why does Mike choose to create comic strips of Amelia?
7. How does Mr. Marsh convince Mike to help him?
8. Why is Ghost leaving for Florida?
9. What is a big part of Mike's probation as school starts up?
10. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Lucy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)