|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mythical creature does Mike draw Amelia as?
2. Who tells Mike to stop sneaking into Amelia's room?
3. What causes Mike to do whatever Mr. Marsh asks of him?
4. Where does Lucy go to celebrate after Mike's first job with them?
5. What keeps Mike away after burying the portrait of Amelia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
2. What does Mike steal from Lito and why?
3. What happens when the back door is left unlocked for Mike at night?
4. What is a big part of Mike's probation as school starts up?
5. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
6. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
7. What causes the Man From Detroit to give Mike a second chance?
8. What does Banks say he wants to do for Mike?
9. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
10. How does Mike feel when he hears the red pager beeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Lucy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)