|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slade get out of fulfilling his obligations?
2. What is Banks's first name?
3. What does Amelia do while watching Mike with her boyfriend?
4. Where does Mike take Amelia when he visits Michigan?
5. What does Mike pretend to hear when working with the safes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike do for Lito before leaving for his first job?
2. What is a big part of Mike's probation as school starts up?
3. What causes the Man From Detroit to give Mike a second chance?
4. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
5. What happens when the back door is left unlocked for Mike at night?
6. How does the Assembly Man die, and why?
7. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
8. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
9. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
10. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the pager system that Mike followed and how the integration of it changed the course of this plot.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)