|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh want Mike to do with Amelia?
2. What does Mike get for his 18th birthday?
3. What does Lucy do during the days when they are not thieving?
4. What happens after Mike and Lucy make love?
5. Who is the FIRST person Mike goes to visit in Michigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
2. What does Amelia show in her first comic strip for Mike?
3. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
4. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
5. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
6. What does Banks say he wants to do for Mike?
7. What happens when the back door is left unlocked for Mike at night?
8. What does Mr. Marsh want to use Mike's talents for?
9. How does Mr. Marsh convince Mike to help him?
10. Why did Mike get in his father's gun safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)