|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amelia sent away?
2. What does Mike give Lito when he visits Michigan?
3. What is Banks's first name?
4. What does Mr. Marsh praise Mike for to his probation officer?
5. What does Mr. Marsh want Mike to do with Amelia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Banks say he wants to do for Mike?
2. What does Mr. Marsh want to use Mike's talents for?
3. What is a big part of Mike's probation as school starts up?
4. How does the Ghost test Mike's loyalty?
5. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
6. Why does Mike choose to create comic strips of Amelia?
7. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
8. How does Mr. Marsh convince Mike to help him?
9. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
10. Why does Mike take Amelia on her first motorcycle ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What took Mike's voice away, and what does he hope will bring it back?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mike say he was a slave, and what led to this enslavement?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)