|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike buy for Amelia when he gets his first motorcycle?
2. What kind of accent does the first contact on the blue page have?
3. Why does Mike finally agree to help Mr. Marsh?
4. What does Mike like to do with Gunnar in their spare time?
5. What does the man with the gun do when Mike is told to reveal his accomplices?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Ghost say about the broken safe?
2. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
3. Why did Mike get in his father's gun safe?
4. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
5. How does the Ghost test Mike's loyalty?
6. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
7. What does Mike steal from Lito and why?
8. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
9. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
10. How does the Assembly Man die, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
What took Mike's voice away, and what does he hope will bring it back?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)