|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen for Mike to enter the house while working for Mr. Marsh?
2. Why does Mike go to New York?
3. What is taken from the first safe Mike cracks?
4. How many people live in Julian's house?
5. What does Lucy do when she sees Mike work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day before Amelia comes home?
2. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
3. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
4. What does the Ghost tell Mike about himself?
5. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
6. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
7. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
8. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
9. What does Amelia's first letter to Mike in prison show?
10. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
Essay Topic 1
There were some very mysterious characters in the book with no names. Who are these characters, and what bearing do they have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What ended the friendship between Mike and Griffin, and why?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)