|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ramona go shopping in Beverly Hills?
2. Who tackles Mike after the aquarium is smashed?
3. What does Amelia want to share with Mike?
4. What does the security guard do with Mike after Bigmouth is shot?
5. Why has Mike decided to write his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike begin picking locks?
2. What does Mr. Marsh want Mike to do for him, and why?
3. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
4. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
5. How does Mike prepare to move to California?
6. What does Lucy say when she sees Mike doing what Gunnary demanded?
7. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
8. What happens when Lito is robbed?
9. What ruins the first friendship Mike ever had?
10. What does Amelia challenge Mike to do when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)