Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen for Mike to enter the house while working for Mr. Marsh?
2. Why does Mike go to New York?
3. What is taken from the first safe Mike cracks?
4. How many people live in Julian's house?
5. What does Lucy do when she sees Mike work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day before Amelia comes home?
2. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
3. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
4. What does the Ghost tell Mike about himself?
5. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
6. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
7. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
8. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
9. What does Amelia's first letter to Mike in prison show?
10. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What took Mike's voice away, and what does he hope will bring it back?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)