|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the last day of school a big deal on Mike's Junior year?
2. What holiday does Mike work for Bigmouth on?
3. What language does Mike learn at the Higgins Institute?
4. Why doesn't Mike talk to his lawyer the first time he is arrested?
5. Who concocts an alibi for Brian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike begin picking locks?
2. What does Mike do the night after his job with Bigmouth?
3. What does Ron tell the police after handcuffing Mike?
4. What was the problem with the diamond heist?
5. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
6. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
7. How does Mike escape from Ron?
8. How does Mike prepare to move to California?
9. Why does Mike start a new life in New York?
10. Why does Mike choose to move to California?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What ended the friendship between Mike and Griffin, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)