Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen for Mike to enter the house while working for Mr. Marsh?
2. Why does Mike go to New York?
3. What is taken from the first safe Mike cracks?
4. How many people live in Julian's house?
5. What does Lucy do when she sees Mike work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day before Amelia comes home?
2. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
3. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
4. What does the Ghost tell Mike about himself?
5. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
6. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
7. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
8. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
9. What does Amelia's first letter to Mike in prison show?
10. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
Essay Topic 1
What ended the friendship between Mike and Griffin, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Mike endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)