|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the heat in the house on Laurel up so high?
2. Why does Ramona go shopping in Beverly Hills?
3. __________ is called the first time Mike is arrested.
4. Who taught Mike to crack safes?
5. What does Amelia's boyfriend chide her for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the house of the first White Crew job to go quiet all of the sudden?
2. How does Mike feel when he hears the red pager beeping?
3. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
4. Why does Julian work the way he does when Mike joins them?
5. What causes the Man From Detroit to give Mike a second chance?
6. What does Mike find when he gets home after the boat job?
7. Why does Mike start a new life in New York?
8. What does Mr. Marsh want to use Mike's talents for?
9. How does Mike say he lost his freedom?
10. What ruins the first friendship Mike ever had?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What interested the Man From Detroit the most in Mike, and how did this show how useful he could be to his business arrangements?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)