|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in Julian's house?
2. What job does Mr. Marsh give Mike for his service?
3. What is Mike's new name on his fake license?
4. What does Amelia want to share with Mike?
5. Where does Julian live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amelia challenge Mike to do when they first meet?
2. What favor does Mike do for Brian Hauser?
3. How does Mike escape from Ron?
4. How does Mike first see Amelia?
5. What does Lucy say when she sees Mike doing what Gunnary demanded?
6. Why does Mr. Marsh have Mr. Randolph come to the house?
7. What does Mike call the only decent chapter of his life?
8. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
9. Why does Mike start a new life in New York?
10. What does Gunnar make Mike do when they meet, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the pager system that Mike followed and how the integration of it changed the course of this plot.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)