|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Mike taught at the Higgins Institute?
2. Where do the men explain the problem with the diamond heist?
3. What does Mike use to escape?
4. Who throws a big party on the last day of Mike's Junior year?
5. How many pagers does Mike have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
2. How does Mike say he knew when there were jobs for him?
3. How did Mike begin picking locks?
4. What does Amelia challenge Mike to do when they first meet?
5. What causes the house of the first White Crew job to go quiet all of the sudden?
6. How does Mike first see Amelia?
7. What important lesson does Mike learn when Lito is robbed?
8. Why does Mike choose to move to California?
9. What does Lucy say when she sees Mike doing what Gunnary demanded?
10. What ruins the first friendship Mike ever had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the pager system that Mike followed and how the integration of it changed the course of this plot.
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)