|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Mike to crack safes?
2. What kind of school is the Higgins Institute?
3. Who concocts an alibi for Brian?
4. Where is the real safe found on the second try of the diamond heist?
5. Why has Mike decided to write his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
2. Why does Mike start a new life in New York?
3. How does Mike first see Amelia?
4. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
5. What causes the house of the first White Crew job to go quiet all of the sudden?
6. What important lesson does Mike learn when Lito is robbed?
7. What was the problem with the diamond heist?
8. How does Mike escape from Ron?
9. What does Mike do when things go wrong at the second diamond heist?
10. What does Amelia challenge Mike to do when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some very mysterious characters in the book with no names. Who are these characters, and what bearing do they have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Mike endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)