Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen for Mike to enter the house while working for Mr. Marsh?
2. Why does Mike go to New York?
3. What is taken from the first safe Mike cracks?
4. How many people live in Julian's house?
5. What does Lucy do when she sees Mike work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day before Amelia comes home?
2. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
3. What is Gunnar's main complaint about Julian's plans?
4. What does the Ghost tell Mike about himself?
5. What does Mike picture as he starts feeling how to open safes?
6. What secret does Mike keep from Bigmouth?
7. How does Mike figure out where to find Amelia while visiting Michigan?
8. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
9. What does Amelia's first letter to Mike in prison show?
10. What punishment is Mike given the first time he is arrested?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What interested the Man From Detroit the most in Mike, and how did this show how useful he could be to his business arrangements?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)