|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the last day of school a big deal on Mike's Junior year?
2. What does Mr. Martie teach?
3. Why does Amelia think Mike doesn't talk?
4. What favor does Mike do for Brian Hauser?
5. Why has Mike decided to write his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike first see Amelia?
2. Why does Mike pretend to be from another country during his first job in CA?
3. What does Lucy say when she sees Mike doing what Gunnary demanded?
4. What does Mr. Marsh want Mike to do for him, and why?
5. What ruins the first friendship Mike ever had?
6. What does Gunnar make Mike do when they meet, and why?
7. What is the prank Brian wants to pull on the last day of school?
8. Why does Mike refuse to reveal his accomplices the first time he is arrested?
9. Why does Mike start a new life in New York?
10. Why does Mike choose to move to California?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very mysterious characters in the book with no names. Who are these characters, and what bearing do they have on the plot?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)