|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike bring to communicate with Amelia?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A lap top.
(c) A stick to draw.
(d) Paper and a pencil.
2. How many people live in Julian's house?
3. What is Mike's first experience with combination locks?
(a) His school locker.
(b) His uncle's safe.
(c) His bike lock.
(d) His home padlock.
4. Why doesn't Mike talk to his lawyer the first time he is arrested?
(a) Lito tells him not to.
(b) He is worried about getting someone in trouble.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is a mute.
5. Why does Mike go to New York?
(a) He has a job there.
(b) He needs a new identity.
(c) His uncle lives there.
(d) He wants to go to school there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike stay in New York?
2. How long does Mike say it took him to get to his first job?
3. Who gave Mike the pagers?
4. How does Mike leave the area after the diamond fiasco?
5. Where does Mike say he bought locks to practice on when he was beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Marsh say to Mike while he is drunk?
2. What does Mr. Marsh want to use Mike's talents for?
3. Why doesn't Mike start with the beginning of his story?
4. How does Mike prepare to move to California?
5. What does Sleepy Eyes show Mike to show the importance of the loyalty test?
6. Why does Mike pretend to be from another country during his first job in CA?
7. Why does Mike choose to move to California?
8. What does Amelia challenge Mike to do when they first meet?
9. What happens when Lito is robbed?
10. What does Mike call the only decent chapter of his life?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)