Section 1: Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• Mike introduces himself saying he is writing his story from prison, where he has been for 9 years, because he is a mute.
• He says something happened to him when he was 8 that took his voice away. He is not yet ready to write about that, so he warns this story will be disjointed.
• Mike describes riding his bike and hitchhiking to his first job with the Blue Crew. He cracks a safe in 25 minutes and is taken to New York to get a new identity.
• Mike says he went to live with Uncle Lito when he was 9 and was physically recovered from his trauma.
• Lito owns a liquor store, and it was robbed one day by a man with a gun. Mike calls 911 and leaves the phone off the hook.
• He knows the man with the gun is afraid, and that allows Mike to not...
This section contains 2,792 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)