|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the guards' nickname for Alicia?
2. What does Alicia specifically not want from God?
3. What excuse do the guards give for putting men in dresses?
4. What physical trait does Alicia note about Patichoti?
5. How many operations had Alicia had on her nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Alicia and Vasca find the plastic daisy so ludicrous?
2. What thought causes Alicia to stop being amused at Patichoti's jokes?
3. What is the "little train"?
4. After waking from a nap about her daughter, what does Alicia discover about herself?
5. Why are Argentine youth suppressed after the military takes over rule of the country?
6. What kind of God does Alicia want to believe in?
7. Why does Alicia challenge the guard to an arm-wrestling match?
8. Before the Little School, what problems did Alicia have with her nose?
9. Who are Nestor and Mary?
10. After she is taken, what does Alicia realize about her flight to Mary and Nestor's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different uses for bread at the Little School?
1) What does bread symbolize?
2) How do the prisoners use bread amongst themselves?
3) Why is bread so important to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alicia's nose.
1) As a young girl, how did Alicia feel about her nose?
2) What problems has she historically had with her nose?
3) How does her nose become a blessing at the Little School?
4) Ultimately, how do Alicia and her nose reconcile?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the denim jacket.
1) Where does the jacket come from?
2) Why is Alicia both excited and horrified by the jacket?
3) What does the jacket symbolize?
4) Why does Alicia feel less pain when beaten with the jacket on?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)