|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times around the table did the doctor prescribe?
2. Why is the prisoner being assigned exercise around the table?
3. How many times a day are the prisoners allowed to relieve themselves?
4. What does Alicia pass to Benja?
5. On what street do Alicia's parents live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Graciela feel about her unborn child?
2. What is the "little train"?
3. After she is taken, what does Alicia realize about her flight to Mary and Nestor's house?
4. After waking from a nap about her daughter, what does Alicia discover about herself?
5. Why isn't Alicia frightened when Chiche threatens to make soap out of her?
6. Later, what does Alicia learn about the usefulness of aliases?
7. Before the Little School, what problems did Alicia have with her nose?
8. Why is Graciela assigned to walk around the table?
9. Why do the prisoners suffer from constipation?
10. What does it mean to be "disappeared"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alicia's tooth.
1) As a young girl, how did Alicia damage her tooth? What was her mother's reaction?
2) Upon receiving a replacement tooth, how did Alicia's life change?
3) What happens to her tooth at the Little School?
4) What do the tooth and the matchbox mean to Alicia?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Alicia using information from the work. Be sure to include:
1) What are her values?
2) What does she believe in?
3) How does she stay true to herself?
4) What are her goals?
Essay Topic 3
By which groups of people does the Argentine military feel threatened? According to Alicia's writings, why are they are threat? How does Peronism play into the events of the novel? Initially, why does Alicia choose be become politically active? What is her mission now, after making it out of the Little School alive?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)