|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concession have the guards made for the pregnant woman?
(a) She is allowed to use their bathroom.
(b) She is allowed multiple trips to the latrine.
(c) She is allowed to eat more.
(d) She is allowed to write letters to home.
2. Between what hours was Alicia on guard at Nestor and Mary's house?
(a) Between 12pm and 5pm.
(b) Between 2am and 4am.
(c) Between 3pm and 7pm.
(d) Between 12am and 6am.
3. What does her husband do when he is tortured?
(a) He screams and cries.
(b) He tells all the political secrets.
(c) He sings a lullaby.
(d) He is absolutely silent.
4. What idea do Loro and Bruja force on the prisoners for their entertainment?
(a) The "little monster."
(b) The "little love."
(c) The "little train."
(d) The "little book."
5. Through the peep hole in her blindfold, what does she see Hugo wearing?
(a) An old suit.
(b) A nightshirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) A striped shirt.
6. How many times around the table did the doctor prescribe?
7. Why does the game end as quickly as it begins?
(a) The guards get in trouble.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) All the prisoners attempt escape.
(d) Maria Elena faints out of weakness.
8. How long does Alicia Partnoy spend in the Little School before being transferred?
(a) Less than two weeks.
(b) Less than four days.
(c) More than three months.
(d) More than two years.
9. After what extravagant dinner does Alicia get her communication idea?
(a) After a bread roll and a pastry.
(b) After a slice of meat and a potato.
(c) After yogurt and granola.
(d) After a piece of chicken and asparagus.
10. After the entire night tied up, what is Benja finally allowed to do?
(a) Use the latrine.
(b) Lie down on a bunk bed.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Drink some water.
11. How does Alicia detect the guard is still in the room, though he tries to fool her into thinking he has left?
(a) She can see his feet through her blindfold.
(b) She has not heard the door shut.
(c) He did not say goodbye.
(d) She can smell his cigarette smoke.
12. What shoes does the protagonist wear during the beginning of her stay at the Little School?
(b) Swim fins.
(c) High heels that are too small.
(d) Mismatched house slippers, one with a plastic daisy.
13. Why was Alicia forced to seek shelter once at Nestor and Mary's house?
(a) She got caught in an electrical storm.
(b) She and her husband had a fight.
(c) Her uncle had been kidnapped.
(d) She was being watched by the government.
14. How many operations had Alicia had on her nose?
15. What is the unexpected advantage of Alicia's nose?
(a) It reminds her of her family, which gives her hope.
(b) It has a keen sense of smell.
(c) It is extremely attractive and give the guards sympathy for her.
(d) It allows small windows through the blindfold where she can see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treat was Alicia promised for her birthday?
2. Why is the prisoner being assigned exercise around the table?
3. Which guard does Graciela ask about Raul?
4. What was Partnoy's weight during her captivity?
5. What event caused Alicia and her friends to change their aliases?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)