|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Partnoy's weight during her captivity?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 105 pounds.
2. What is the guards' nickname for Alicia?
3. How often is Alicia allowed to see herself in a mirror?
(a) Every twenty days.
(b) Every five days.
(c) Every thirty days.
(d) Every ten days.
4. After what extravagant dinner does Alicia get her communication idea?
(a) After a piece of chicken and asparagus.
(b) After yogurt and granola.
(c) After a bread roll and a pastry.
(d) After a slice of meat and a potato.
5. What is the unexpected advantage of Alicia's nose?
(a) It has a keen sense of smell.
(b) It allows small windows through the blindfold where she can see.
(c) It is extremely attractive and give the guards sympathy for her.
(d) It reminds her of her family, which gives her hope.
6. In what year did Partnoy return to her homeland?
(a) The winter of 1985.
(b) The summer of 1984.
(c) The spring of 1986.
(d) The fall of 1983.
7. What did Graciela and Raul want to do before they were captured?
(a) Have another baby.
(b) Start a business.
(d) Leave for the USA.
8. Through the peep hole in her blindfold, what does she see Hugo wearing?
(a) A striped shirt.
(b) A nightshirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) An old suit.
9. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A striped dress.
(d) A flowered dress.
10. After the entire night tied up, what is Benja finally allowed to do?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Lie down on a bunk bed.
(c) Use the latrine.
(d) Drink some water.
11. What is Patichoti's nickname for Alicia?
12. As a teenager, with what political movement was Partnoy involved?
13. For what medicine must Alicia ask the doctor?
(a) An antihistamine.
(b) A multi-vitamin.
(c) A fever reducer.
(d) An anti-inflammatory.
14. While doing political work, what did Alicia and her compatriots use?
(a) Machine guns.
(d) Bake sales.
15. What does Partnoy do to oppose the new military regime?
(a) She confronts the General.
(b) She produces and distributes pamphlets.
(c) She organizes strikes and raids.
(d) She lobbies for aid from other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What racial association does Alicia have for her nose?
2. The day Alicia sleeps for eighteen hours, what trip does she miss?
3. Why is the prisoner being assigned exercise around the table?
4. What is Nestor's nickname for Alicia?
5. How long does Alicia Partnoy spend in the Little School before being transferred?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)