|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guards' excuse for giving the prisoners treats?
(a) For holidays and birthdays.
(b) They want them to confess so they give them treats as incentive.
(c) To celebrate the capture of new prisoners.
(d) They feel sorry for the malnourished prisoners.
2. Why was Alicia forced to seek shelter once at Nestor and Mary's house?
(a) She got caught in an electrical storm.
(b) Her uncle had been kidnapped.
(c) She and her husband had a fight.
(d) She was being watched by the government.
3. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A striped dress.
(d) A flowered dress.
4. After Graciela's arrest, what name does Alicia take?
5. Through the peep hole in her blindfold, what does she see Hugo wearing?
(a) A dress.
(b) A striped shirt.
(c) An old suit.
(d) A nightshirt.
6. As a teenager, with what political movement was Partnoy involved?
7. What physical trait does Alicia note about Patichoti?
(a) He wears glasses.
(b) His eyes are brown.
(c) He has six toes on one foot.
(d) He is missing a leg.
8. What does Partnoy do to oppose the new military regime?
(a) She produces and distributes pamphlets.
(b) She organizes strikes and raids.
(c) She confronts the General.
(d) She lobbies for aid from other countries.
9. What organization involved the mothers of disappeared people?
(a) The Mothers for Peron Politics.
(b) Lost and Found Argentina.
(c) The Mothers of Plazo de Mayo.
(d) The Mothers Without Answers.
10. About how many Argentines "disappeared" between 1976 and 1979?
(a) Almost 30,000.
(b) Exactly 24,594.
(c) Almost 15,000.
(d) Over 50,000.
11. Where is Benja positioned in their bunk room?
(a) His hands are tied to the end of Alicia's bed.
(b) He is laying down in the center of the room.
(c) His wrists are tied to the window.
(d) His feet are tethered to the door.
12. What did Graciela and Raul want to do before they were captured?
(a) Start a business.
(c) Leave for the USA.
(d) Have another baby.
13. In what year did Partnoy return to her homeland?
(a) The summer of 1984.
(b) The fall of 1983.
(c) The winter of 1985.
(d) The spring of 1986.
14. What kind of paper does the guard give to Alicia?
(a) Construction paper.
(c) Toilet paper.
15. In Chapter One, when has the protagonist always thought the police would come for her?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At noon.
(d) At nighttime.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alicia feel about her allergies?
2. How can Alicia touch Benja in his position?
3. Why does the guard turn on the radio?
4. What event caused Alicia and her friends to change their aliases?
5. What physical problem had Alicia's nose caused her in the past?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)