|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her experience, what word does Alicia use to describe God?
(a) She sees God at life.
(b) She sees God as false.
(c) She sees God as consuming.
(d) She sees God as a pretext.
2. Who is forced to walk around the table, again and again for days on end?
3. Who had Alicia missed at the Little School by several days?
(a) Nestor and Mary.
(d) Maria Elena.
4. What is the official status of the inmates at the Little School?
5. When she was captured, what did the guards do to Graciela?
(a) They used an electric prod on her abdomen.
(b) They shaved her head.
(c) They made her take prenatal vitamins.
(d) They did not let her use the restroom.
6. What does Alicia specifically not want from God?
(a) She does not want her daughter to be taken.
(b) She does not want to denounce her faith.
(c) She does not want her husband to be taken.
(d) She does not want to become a martyr.
7. After what extravagant dinner does Alicia get her communication idea?
(a) After yogurt and granola.
(b) After a bread roll and a pastry.
(c) After a piece of chicken and asparagus.
(d) After a slice of meat and a potato.
8. What does Loro do when she refuses his command?
(a) He takes away her pillow and blanket.
(b) He slaps her twelve times.
(c) He threatens to kill her daughter.
(d) He pushes her into the latrine.
9. What treat was Alicia promised for her birthday?
(a) A soda.
(b) A visit with her husband.
(c) A letter from her daughter.
(d) A cheeseburger.
10. Where is Benja positioned in their bunk room?
(a) His feet are tethered to the door.
(b) His wrists are tied to the window.
(c) He is laying down in the center of the room.
(d) His hands are tied to the end of Alicia's bed.
11. By the time she is offered her third shower, how long has Alicia been at the Little School?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two months.
12. What does the protagonist notice on the floor by her bed?
(a) Her daughter's toy.
(b) A basket of bread.
(c) The sky blue of her husband's pants.
(d) A stack of books.
13. In Chapter One, when has the protagonist always thought the police would come for her?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At nighttime.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At noon.
14. After the entire night tied up, what is Benja finally allowed to do?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Use the latrine.
(c) Lie down on a bunk bed.
(d) Drink some water.
15. How old is Alicia when she is captured?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the guards' nickname for Alicia?
2. From what condition did most of the prisoners suffer?
3. How long does Alicia Partnoy spend in the Little School before being transferred?
4. How many times a day are the prisoners allowed to relieve themselves?
5. When the visitor promises her a treat, what room is Alicia staying in?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)