|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letters does Partnoy read on the house when she arrives at the Little School?
(a) A.A.A., Alianza Anticomunita Argentina.
(b) O.A., Organizacion Argentina.
(c) G.L., El Grupo Libres.
(d) P.P., Politica Peron.
2. How does Alicia detect the guard is still in the room, though he tries to fool her into thinking he has left?
(a) He did not say goodbye.
(b) She can see his feet through her blindfold.
(c) She can smell his cigarette smoke.
(d) She has not heard the door shut.
3. What is the official status of the inmates at the Little School?
4. What shoes does the protagonist wear during the beginning of her stay at the Little School?
(b) Mismatched house slippers, one with a plastic daisy.
(c) High heels that are too small.
(d) Swim fins.
5. What kind of paper does the guard give to Alicia?
(a) Construction paper.
(b) Toilet paper.
6. What is the guards' nickname for Alicia?
7. How old is Alicia when she is captured?
8. What is the guards' excuse for giving the prisoners treats?
(a) For holidays and birthdays.
(b) To celebrate the capture of new prisoners.
(c) They feel sorry for the malnourished prisoners.
(d) They want them to confess so they give them treats as incentive.
9. What does Alicia refuse to do, though directly commanded by Loro and Peine?
(a) She refuses to use the latrine.
(b) She refuses to talk about her daughter.
(c) She refuses to slap Hugo in the face.
(d) She refuses to stop talking.
10. What kind of dress does Graciela wear?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A flowered dress.
(d) A striped dress.
11. What was the one thing Nestor and Mary could not convince Alica of?
(a) The success of Capitalism.
(b) The potential of Socialism.
(c) The existence of aliens.
(d) The existence of God.
12. In what ceremony did Alicia participate, reading the Bible?
(a) In Nestor and Mary's wedding.
(b) In Maria Elena's inauguration.
(c) In Graciela's confirmation.
(d) In Ruth's baptism.
13. What does Alicia specifically not want from God?
(a) She does not want her husband to be taken.
(b) She does not want to denounce her faith.
(c) She does not want her daughter to be taken.
(d) She does not want to become a martyr.
14. After her third shower, what does her escort guard do?
(a) He takes her to the torture room.
(b) He gives her extra bread.
(c) He sings a folk song.
(d) He molests her.
15. How often is Alicia allowed to see herself in a mirror?
(a) Every twenty days.
(b) Every ten days.
(c) Every thirty days.
(d) Every five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Graciela and Raul want to do before they were captured?
2. In Chapter One, when has the protagonist always thought the police would come for her?
3. Though the game is cruel, what does Alicia secretly enjoy?
4. Through the peep hole in her blindfold, what does she see Hugo wearing?
5. Which guard does Graciela ask about Raul?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)