|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13, Toothbrush, Bread.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loro do when she refuses his command?
(a) He threatens to kill her daughter.
(b) He takes away her pillow and blanket.
(c) He pushes her into the latrine.
(d) He slaps her twelve times.
2. Why does Alicia arm-wrestle Abuelo?
(a) She is going insane with boredom.
(b) She knows he cannot touch her.
(c) She is feeling competitive and knows she can win.
(d) She is trying to keep him from beating Benja.
3. How many times a day are the prisoners allowed to relieve themselves?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Two or three.
4. While taking an early morning bus with Ruth, what announcement does Alicia hear on the radio?
(a) She hears an annoucement warning the public about families traveling at odd hours.
(b) She hears an annoucement warning about possible flooding.
(c) She hears an annoucement about the end of the civil war.
(d) She hears an annoucement about the new military government.
5. In what ceremony did Alicia participate, reading the Bible?
(a) In Ruth's baptism.
(b) In Nestor and Mary's wedding.
(c) In Graciela's confirmation.
(d) In Maria Elena's inauguration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is forced to walk around the table, again and again for days on end?
2. Why was Alicia forced to seek shelter once at Nestor and Mary's house?
3. What does Alicia specifically not want from God?
4. How long does Alicia Partnoy spend in the Little School before being transferred?
5. As a teenager, with what political movement was Partnoy involved?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)