|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5, My Names, Benja's First Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alicia detect the guard is still in the room, though he tries to fool her into thinking he has left?
(a) He did not say goodbye.
(b) She can see his feet through her blindfold.
(c) She can smell his cigarette smoke.
(d) She has not heard the door shut.
2. What does the protagonist notice on the floor by her bed?
(a) A basket of bread.
(b) Her daughter's toy.
(c) A stack of books.
(d) The sky blue of her husband's pants.
3. Though the game is cruel, what does Alicia secretly enjoy?
(a) She enjoys her tennis shoes.
(b) She enjoys the hot sun.
(c) She enjoys the feeling of running.
(d) She enjoys the guards' stupidity.
4. As a teenager, with what political movement was Partnoy involved?
5. After her third shower, what does her escort guard do?
(a) He takes her to the torture room.
(b) He gives her extra bread.
(c) He sings a folk song.
(d) He molests her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Partnoy do to oppose the new military regime?
2. By the time she is offered her third shower, how long has Alicia been at the Little School?
3. To whom is the book dedicated?
4. Which prisoner thinks they are getting privileges as a tactic to break them into cooperation?
5. What treat was Alicia promised for her birthday?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)