Introduction, Chapter 1, The One-Flower Slippers
1. To whom is the book dedicated?
(a) Alicia's sister Daniella.
(b) Alicia's daughter.
(c) Alicia's mother and father.
(d) Alicia's brother Daniel.
2. What picture introduces each chapter of the book?
(a) A picture of a baby.
(b) A picture of a plastic daisy.
(c) A picture of a blindfolded woman.
(d) A picture of the Little School.
3. At the Little School, what are inmates required to wear at all times?
(a) A blindfold.
(b) A hat.
(d) A name tag.
4. How long does Alicia Partnoy spend in the Little School before being transferred?
(a) Less than two weeks.
(b) Less than four days.
(c) More than two years.
(d) More than three months.
5. What is the official status of the inmates at the Little School?
6. What does her husband do when he is tortured?
(a) He screams and cries.
(b) He tells all the political secrets.
(c) He is absolutely silent.
(d) He sings a lullaby.
7. What does the "little frog" represent?
(a) The time period.
(b) The regime in power.
(c) The subversive message.
(d) The song of the human heart.
This section contains 4,481 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)