|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what type of hat is the woman wearing who Max asks for directions?
2. What were invented in Montagris?
3. In Manon's diary at the end of Chapter 21, when was she marrying Luc?
4. What animal do Max, Perdu, and Cuneo attempt to rescue in Chapter 26?
5. How old was Samy when she fell out of a tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what can be seen from the Literary Apothecary barge?
2. In Chapter 29, how do Cuneo, Perdu, and Max describe their parents?
3. In Chapter 22, what is the woman like that Perdu suggests Max dance with?
4. How does Perdu describe Cuisery in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 32, what does Samy say that her innate flaw is and what trouble did it cause her?
6. Why did Samy write Southern Lights?
7. Why does Cuneo join Perdu and Max on their voyage in Chapter 23?
8. What does Perdu tell Cuneo that Max has lost in Chapter 26?
9. In Chapter 26, how do Perdu, Max, and Cuneo try to help a drowning deer?
10. What does the woman look like and what does she do when she opens the door the P.D. Olson's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu is shaped by the events in his life. What does the author convey about how life events make people who they are through the experiences that Perdu has?
Essay Topic 2
Perdu has turned inward and avoided people since he lost his love over 20 years ago. How does Perdu give up his identity as he grieves his lost love?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu, Max, and Cuneo all experience loss. What have the men lost and how do those losses shape them and make them the men they become?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)