|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what type of hat is the woman wearing who Max asks for directions?
2. At the end of Chapter 25, what scent does Perdu think he smells?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 26, what lock are Perdu, Max, and Cuneo approaching?
4. At the end of Chapter 33, what is the date of Manon's Travel Diary?
5. How old is Samantha in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuneo join Perdu and Max on their voyage in Chapter 23?
2. Why does Samy give Perdu and Max mobile phones in Chapter 35?
3. What does Perdu tell Cuneo that Max has lost in Chapter 26?
4. In Chapter 29, how do Cuneo, Perdu, and Max describe their parents?
5. What areas does Cuneo lay claim to in Chapter 24 when he joins Perdu and Max on the barge?
6. At the end of Chapter 33, what were the only things that Manon took for the cancer and why?
7. In Chapter 26, how do Perdu, Max, and Cuneo try to help a drowning deer?
8. In Chapter 32, how long and when does Perdu say that he was genuinely happy in one stretch?
9. In Chapter 22, what is the woman like that Perdu suggests Max dance with?
10. What does the woman look like and what does she do when she opens the door the P.D. Olson's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu lives a solitary life because of fear. Why does Perdu have so much fear and how does fear affect him and the way that he lives his life for 20 years?
Essay Topic 2
Perdu’s physical journeys in the novel lead to emotional healing. How does Perdu find healing from the grief he has had for more than 20 years through his travels?
Essay Topic 3
Cuneo was never able to accept the reality of who his lover, Vivette had become. How do both Cuneo and Perdu refuse to accept reality and loss and how does it affect their characters?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)