|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the flowers in the garden in Chapter 27 whose fragrance make Perdu dizzy?
2. In Chapter 31, how long does Samantha say that Max should wait to write his second book?
3. In Chapter 27, what does Cuneo say that Apremont is for?
4. In Chapter 21, when does Perdu say that he met P. D. Olson?
5. What does Perdu think that Samy's laugh is like in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what is the woman like that Perdu suggests Max dance with?
2. What does Samy have with her when Cuneo picks her up in Chapter 31?
3. In Chapter 26, how do Perdu, Max, and Cuneo try to help a drowning deer?
4. How does Southern Lights bring Samy her man?
5. Why does Cuneo join Perdu and Max on their voyage in Chapter 23?
6. On what conditions does Perdu want Cuneo and Samy to take his barge?
7. What does Perdu tell Cuneo that Max has lost in Chapter 26?
8. What does Olson say about being on Facebook in Chapter 23?
9. In Chapter 24, how does Cuneo describe the woman he is looking for?
10. Why did Samy write Southern Lights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cuneo was never able to accept the reality of who his lover, Vivette had become. How do both Cuneo and Perdu refuse to accept reality and loss and how does it affect their characters?
Essay Topic 2
Perdu and his traveling companions see a deer die on their trip. What does the deer symbolize about Manon and Perdu and the physical death that Manon experienced and the symbolic death that Perdu experienced?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu is shaped by the events in his life. What does the author convey about how life events make people who they are through the experiences that Perdu has?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)