|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cuneo's first name?
2. In Chapter 27, what is a woman wearing who sits under a copper beech painting?
3. In Manon's diary at the end of Chapter 21, how many books did she think that world ruler should have to read?
4. In Chapter 24, what is the name of the cargo vessel that Cuneo is looking for?
5. In Chapter 22, how long has Cuneo been looking for a young river pilot he met?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, how does Cuneo describe the woman he is looking for?
2. At the end of Chapter 33, what were the only things that Manon took for the cancer and why?
3. What does Perdu tell Cuneo that Max has lost in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Samy give Perdu and Max mobile phones in Chapter 35?
5. In Chapter 25, why are Perdu, Max, and Cuneo told to leave Briare?
6. Why does Cuneo join Perdu and Max on their voyage in Chapter 23?
7. In Manon's travel diary at the end of Chapter 21, what did Manon say about Luc and Perdu?
8. What does the woman look like and what does she do when she opens the door the P.D. Olson's home?
9. On what conditions does Perdu want Cuneo and Samy to take his barge?
10. In Chapter 26, how do Perdu, Max, and Cuneo try to help a drowning deer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu lives a solitary life because of fear. Why does Perdu have so much fear and how does fear affect him and the way that he lives his life for 20 years?
Essay Topic 2
The experiences Perdu has in the novel help him face his past and learn to love again. What experiences especially help Perdu to open his heart to love again?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu, Max, and Cuneo all experience loss. What have the men lost and how do those losses shape them and make them the men they become?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)