|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what exercises does Perdu do after taking a shower?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Perdu remember riding with Manon through the Camargue?
3. In Chapter 2, how many rooms of his apartment does Monsieur Perdu occupy?
4. What is the house number of the place were Monsieur Perdu lives?
5. What does Perdu have to eat at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Perdu learn to drive a cargo boat?
2. Why did Manon say that she was going to marry Luc and still be Perdu's lover?
3. How does Perdu get his boat ready to sail?
4. What did Paris seem like to Perdu when his parents took him to see relatives in Brittany?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Perdu do for hours and how does he feel afterward?
6. In Chapter 10, how does Perdu feel when he is at Catherine's flat?
7. In Chapter 20 when Perdu borrows Ida's bicycle, what does he leave on the handlebars of the bike?
8. Where is the table that Perdu decides to give away in Chapter 1, and how does he have to get into the room?
9. In Chapter 11, what does Catherine say about life with her ex-husband?
10. In Chapter 18, what issues does Brigadier Levec find with Perdu's boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu and his traveling companions see a deer die on their trip. What does the deer symbolize about Manon and Perdu and the physical death that Manon experienced and the symbolic death that Perdu experienced?
Essay Topic 2
How does Samantha’s jump into the river mirror the emotional journey that Perdu, Max, and Cuneo are taking?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu’s physical journeys in the novel lead to emotional healing. How does Perdu find healing from the grief he has had for more than 20 years through his travels?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)