|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what name does the policeman want Max to write in a copy of his book?
2. In Chapter 5, what day of the week does the therapist Eric Lanson spend the afternoon at the "Literary Apothecary"?
3. What floor does Monsieur Perdu live on?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Clara Violette do?
5. How old is Margot?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, where does Perdu think about mooring for the evening and why?
2. What can Perdu smell in Chapter 1 when he opens a casement window?
3. How did Perdu learn to drive a cargo boat?
4. What is Catherine looking for in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Perdu feel sick that he did not read Manon's letter?
6. In Chapter 18, how does Perdu remember that Vijaya found his future wife?
7. In Chapter 20 when Perdu borrows Ida's bicycle, what does he leave on the handlebars of the bike?
8. In Chapter 2, what book does Perdu give a customer and how does he tell her to read it?
9. Why did Manon leave Perdu?
10. In Chapter 5, how does Perdu say that he knows what books are suitable for people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu and his traveling companions see a deer die on their trip. What does the deer symbolize about Manon and Perdu and the physical death that Manon experienced and the symbolic death that Perdu experienced?
Essay Topic 2
Perdu reads a letter that he has left in a drawer of a table for 20 years. How does the letter affect Perdu and how does it become a catalyst that leads him to face his grief?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu is shaped by the events in his life. What does the author convey about how life events make people who they are through the experiences that Perdu has?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)