|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what exercises does Perdu do after taking a shower?
2. In Chapter 9, what message does Perdu's mother have for Perdu's father?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Perdu say that Vijaya's job was?
4. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the waiter who is an avid reader?
5. In Chapter 19, how old was the woman that Ida's husband left her for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Manon leave Perdu?
2. Why did Manon say that she was going to marry Luc and still be Perdu's lover?
3. In Chapter 18, what issues does Brigadier Levec find with Perdu's boat?
4. What can Perdu smell in Chapter 1 when he opens a casement window?
5. How do Perdu and Max get dinner in Chapter 19?
6. In Chapter 5, how does Perdu say that he knows what books are suitable for people?
7. In Chapter 15, where does Perdu think about mooring for the evening and why?
8. In Chapter 4, why does Perdu say that he named his barge the "Literary Apothecary"?
9. In Chapter 10, how does Perdu feel when he is at Catherine's flat?
10. What types of buildings and shops are in Perdu's neighborhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perdu has turned inward and avoided people since he lost his love over 20 years ago. How does Perdu give up his identity as he grieves his lost love?
Essay Topic 2
Perdu lives a solitary life because of fear. Why does Perdu have so much fear and how does fear affect him and the way that he lives his life for 20 years?
Essay Topic 3
Perdu has danced the tango with Manon and encounters a secret tango dance during his travels. Why was it so important to Manon that Perdu learn how to dance the tango, and how did dancing the tango help Perdu become a man who was more free to love?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)