|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who pulls Perdu over in Chapter 17?
2. How long was Catherine married?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 18 years.
3. After what city in Chapter 15, do Perdu and Max plunge into the green of summer?
4. In Chapter 15, where does Perdu remember experiencing the Sunday quietness that he experienced before that day?
5. In Chapter 4, how thick is the steel gangway that leads to Perdu's bookshop?
(a) 11 millimeters.
(b) 9 millimeters.
(c) 5 millimeters.
(d) 8 millimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Perdu recall that Vijaya moved after his marriage?
2. What was the name of Perdu's maternal grandfather?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what is the name of the woman that Perdu is helping?
4. In Chapter 5, what day of the week does the therapist Eric Lanson spend the afternoon at the "Literary Apothecary"?
5. In Chapter 1, how long has it been since Monsieur Perdu has entered a room in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Perdu learn to drive a cargo boat?
2. What can Perdu smell in Chapter 1 when he opens a casement window?
3. What did Paris seem like to Perdu when his parents took him to see relatives in Brittany?
4. In Chapter 6, who does Perdu say should read Jose Saramago's Blindness?
5. Why does Perdu feel sick that he did not read Manon's letter?
6. What is Catherine looking for in Chapter 10?
7. How does Perdu get his boat ready to sail?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Catherine say about life with her ex-husband?
9. Why did Manon say that she was going to marry Luc and still be Perdu's lover?
10. In Chapter 18, what issues does Brigadier Levec find with Perdu's boat?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)