|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what name does the policeman want Max to write in a copy of his book?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Perdu say that Vijaya's job was?
(c) Director of scientific research.
(d) Director of a computer business.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what is the name of the woman that Perdu is helping?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, what summer is Monsieur Perdu thinking of?
5. In Chapter 1, how old is Monsieur Perdu?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the date on Manon's letter?
2. What book does Monsieur Perdu refuse to sell a customer in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 3, how long has Max Jordan been living at 27 Rue Montagnard?
4. What color is the door of the apartment in Chapter 1, where Monsieur Perdu takes a table?
5. In Chapter 18, what nationality is the person who yells at Perdu when the barge is jammed across the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Perdu say that he named his barge the "Literary Apothecary"?
2. Why did Manon leave Perdu?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Catherine say about life with her ex-husband?
4. What types of buildings and shops are in Perdu's neighborhood?
5. In Chapter 15, where does Perdu think about mooring for the evening and why?
6. What did Paris seem like to Perdu when his parents took him to see relatives in Brittany?
7. In Chapter 18, what issues does Brigadier Levec find with Perdu's boat?
8. In Chapter 8, what did Perdu get rid of and what did he keep after Manon was gone?
9. In Chapter 10, how does Perdu feel when he is at Catherine's flat?
10. Where is the table that Perdu decides to give away in Chapter 1, and how does he have to get into the room?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)