Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his advances.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his requests to marry.
2. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
(a) Because of her devotion to God.
(b) Because she disavows praise.
(c) Because of her kind letter to him.
(d) Because she entered the convent.
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As an inferior.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As a superior.
(d) As a teacher.
4. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The pope.
(c) The abbot.
5. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Owing her a great debt.
(b) Disappointing her.
(c) Feeling freed of her.
(d) Avoiding contact with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
4. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
5. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)