|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter agrees to release Sarah if Tungata will do what?
2. How does Vusamanzi die?
3. What has happened to Tungata while in prison?
4. Who has frozen all Craig's assets and bank accounts and put a hold on all the royalties from his future book?
5. Where do Sally-Anne, Craig and Sarah land the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata spend their time in the caverns?
2. How do Sally-Anne, Sarah and Craig prepare for their trip to Zimbabwe?
3. Explain the sacrifice Captain Nbebi makes for Craig and Sally-Anne.
4. How are Craig and the others who survived the prison rescue able to leave the prison?
5. How does Peter torture Tungata?
6. What do Craig and Tungata see as they near the waiting Cessna?
7. What good happens at the end of the book?
8. How does Craig convince some rebels to help him free Tungata?
9. What are Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah's escape options?
10. How do Craig, Captain Nbebi and Sally-Anne work together to try and avoid being killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lobengula's tomb and how Tungata interacts with his corpse.
Essay Topic 2
During the planning and executing of Tungata's escape there was motivation, misjudgment and method. Choose two of the following and write an essay expounding on the ones you choose.
Essay Topic 3
The book opens with Craig Mellow returning to Africa. He sees the state of his family's ranch and longs to take it from destruction and restore it to its former glory. The themes of restoration and destruction run throughout the book. Choose one example of restoration and one example of destruction from the book and discuss how each one took place.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)