|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Craig decides the only way he can fight Peter's soldiers that are pursuing him into the desert is...
2. What do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata name the largest diamond in Lobengula's tomb?
3. Why does Sally-Anne have to crash land the Cessna as they are fleeing from the prison break?
4. What desert skill does Craig employ to help him and Sally-Anne survive?
5. What do Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah spend most of their time doing while in the cavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Colonel Nikolai Bukharin?
2. What causes Sally-Anne to go into shock?
3. How do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata spend their time in the caverns?
4. How does Peter finally get Tungata to lead him to the diamonds?
5. How do Craig, Captain Nbebi and Sally-Anne work together to try and avoid being killed?
6. What do Craig and Tungata see as they near the waiting Cessna?
7. Explain the escape of Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah after Peter is led to the cavern.
8. What do Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah learn from Vusamanzi while they are in the cavern?
9. What are Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah's escape options?
10. What good happens at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The evil of elephant poaching is explored in the book, especially in the first section with The Comrade Minister of State. Using what you learned from the book answer the following questions:
1) Why is poaching such a problem in Africa?
2) Why was Comrade Minister of State's plan called "poaching genius"?
3) Who benefits financially from the poaching of elephants?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of his grandfather's approval is very important to Craig. Craig believes both the selling of Bawu and the restoration of Rholands would have made his grandfather proud. Discuss these two events and some of the reasons Craig believes these events would bring pride to his grandfather's name.
Essay Topic 3
Sally-Anne and Craig's relationship begins when she arrives in Africa. Answer the following questions:
1) Why was there tension between Sally-Anne and Craig before she arrived in Africa?
2) What happened to end the tension between them?
3) Based on their interaction while they were with Peter, do you think their friendship with continue? Why or why not?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)