|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter know the group is hiding somewhere near Vusamanzi's village?
2. After Peter is led to the cavern, what does he do to the woman who led him there?
3. After Craig and Sally-Anne defeat all of Peter's soldiers and continue on foot, what do they forget to take with them?
4. When entering Zimbabwe, what does Colonel Bukharin pose as?
5. How does Peter connect Tungata and the snake?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sarah meets Craig and Sally-Anne at the hotel, what does she tell them about Tungata?
2. What happens when Craig and Sally-Anne are found by Botswana police?
3. How do Craig and Sally-Anne try to survive until they reach Botswana?
4. Who is Colonel Nikolai Bukharin?
5. What are Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah's escape options?
6. What disturbing news does Morgan Oxford deliver to Craig and Sally-Anne?
7. What parts of the Zimbabwe terrain help or hinder their get away?
8. Explain the escape of Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah after Peter is led to the cavern.
9. Why do Craig and Tungata leave the cavern?
10. How does Peter finally get Tungata to lead him to the diamonds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Being faced with a life and death situation can change what a person would normally do. Write a short essay explaining how Craig and Sally-Anne changed their normal behaviors to try and save their lives. Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Sally-Anne and Craig's relationship begins when she arrives in Africa. Answer the following questions:
1) Why was there tension between Sally-Anne and Craig before she arrived in Africa?
2) What happened to end the tension between them?
3) Based on their interaction while they were with Peter, do you think their friendship with continue? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sometimes Peter's plans seem to turn out suspicious as is the case when he sends the third brigade troopers to Zambezi Waters with Craig and Sally-Anne. With this in mind, answer the following questions:
1) Why does Peter send the brigade with Craig and Sally-Anne?
2) What does Comrade Lookout do when they are alone? What is Craig's response to this?
3) Is Comrade Lookout good at his job? How do you know this?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)