|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After defeating all of Peter's soldiers in the desert and fleeing on foot, how are Craig and Sally-Anne spotted once again?
(a) By air patrols.
(b) By a villager who recognizes them.
(c) By Captain Nbebi's son.
(d) By another convoy of soldiers.
2. As they are running from the prison break, what almost prevents Craig, Sarah and Tungata from making it to the Cessna?
(a) They run out of gas and have to run the rest of the way.
(b) Lions are circling them.
(c) The vegetation in the bush is too thick.
(d) Troopers dropping from Peter's plane.
3. Where from the prison does Craig get extra fuel for their journey to the Cessna?
(a) He brought some with him.
(b) Out of the generator.
(c) In the prison repair shop.
(d) Sally-Anne air dropped some into a nearby field.
4. How does Captain Nbebi avoid patrols at first?
(a) By painting a UN symbol on the vehicle.
(b) By weaving the vehicle.
(c) By using back roads.
(d) By calling in favors from guards.
5. When entering Zimbabwe, what does Colonel Bukharin pose as?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A timber merchant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A businessman.
6. After they rescue Tungata from prison, where do Craig and the group hide until Peter's soldiers are done looking for them?
(a) At a mission station.
(b) In caverns shown to them by Vusamanzi.
(c) The property behind King's Lynn that was poached.
(d) In Vusamanzi's house.
7. Why doesn't Tungata die from his snake bites?
(a) The snake was not really poisonous.
(b) Peter put anti-venom in Tungata's food.
(c) The bites were not deep enough.
(d) The poison sacs have been removed.
8. Who navigates the road as Craig, Sally-Anne and Captain Nbebi flee Peter' soldiers?
(a) Captain Nbebi.
(c) They use a map.
9. Once Craig and Tungata capture Peter and Nikolai, how do they get to Morgan Oxford?
(a) Craig drives on of Peter's jeeps.
(b) They travel on foot.
(c) Sally-Anne flies Peter's helicopter.
(d) Comrade Lookout finds a jeep for them.
10. What do Craig and Sally-Anne discover as the only way out of Lobengula's tomb?
(a) A back entrance covered with rocks.
(b) A chimney on the ceiling of a cavern.
(c) A 10 feet deep lake with an exit at the bottom.
(d) A small hole on the side of the entrance.
11. The next time Peter calls for Tungata he has Sarah. Where is Peter holding Sarah?
(a) She is being tortured in the same way with a snake.
(b) She is in front of the firing squad.
(c) She is in a prison cell.
(d) She is chained to the execution wall.
12. Why does one of Vusamanzi's wives lead Peter to the caverns?
(a) Peter kills all of the other wives.
(b) Peter threatens to kill her.
(c) Peter threatens to burn her baby alive.
(d) Peter is her secret lovers.
13. How do Craig and the warriors get into the prison?
(a) They pose as messengers from Peter.
(b) They ambush a supply truck.
(c) They hide in the prison garbage dump.
(d) They enter through the ceiling tiles.
14. What causes Craig's vehicle to lose precious time and the patrols to get closer as he, Sally-Anne and Captian Nbebi flee King's Lynn?
(b) They crash into an anthill.
(c) One tire blows out.
(d) They have to get gas.
15. After traveling through the desert and being near exhaustion, why do Craig and Sally-Anne abandon the rifle and ammunition they are carrying?
(a) It is Captain Nbebi's rifle.
(b) They are tempted to kill themselves.
(c) They don't want to be caught with it.
(d) It is too heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Craig and the warriors stop for help on their way to the prison?
2. When Vusamanzi leaves Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah in the cavern what does he stress the importance of?
3. What does Tungata find when he reaches Lobengula's tomb where the diamonds are hidden?
4. Why can't Craig, Sally Anne, Sarah and Tungata escape up the rope ladder that is by the edge in cavern?
5. What does Craig retrieve when he tries to enter Lobengula's resting place?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)