|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah feel the ground tremble, what do they know has happened?
(a) Lobengula is angry that the diamonds have been taken.
(b) The water from the lake is coming through the entrance.
(c) There has been an earthquake.
(d) The entrance has been dynamited shut.
2. Where do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata head to after the crash landing of the Cessna?
(a) King's Lynn.
(b) The US Embassy.
(c) Sarah's father's village.
(d) The Botswana border.
3. What does Vusamanzi believe about Tungata?
(a) He has too much power.
(b) He is the chosen one.
(c) He is a betrayer.
(d) He should marry Sarah.
4. Craig decides the only way he can fight Peter's soldiers that are pursuing him into the desert is...
(a) By joining them.
(b) By driving away.
(c) By fighting hand to hand.
(d) By running away.
5. Who leaves the cavern during the night?
(a) Craig and Tungata.
(b) Sarah and Sally-Anne.
(c) Craig and Sally-Anne.
(d) Sarah and Tungata.
6. After traveling through the desert and being near exhaustion, why do Craig and Sally-Anne abandon the rifle and ammunition they are carrying?
(a) It is too heavy.
(b) They are tempted to kill themselves.
(c) It is Captain Nbebi's rifle.
(d) They don't want to be caught with it.
7. Why do Craig and Sarah have a hard time getting the help they need from some of the Matabele in order to rescue Tungata?
(a) They are afraid of Peter.
(b) They don't believe Tungata is still alive.
(c) They are only out for their own survival.
(d) They have been told lies about Craig.
8. How do Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah escape the caverns?
(a) They swim down to the opening of Lobengula's tomb.
(b) They hid in crevasses inside the cavern and are not found.
(c) They take the back way out of the cavern.
(d) They kill Peter and all the soldiers.
9. How many rounds of ammunition do Craig, Sally-Anne and Sarah pack on the plane before leaving to rescue Tungata?
10. Why can't Craig, Sally Anne, Sarah and Tungata escape up the rope ladder that is by the edge in cavern?
(a) They can't reach the bottom of the ladder.
(b) The ladder doesn't go all the way up to the top.
(c) The ladder breaks.
(d) Peter's troops are waiting at the top.
11. What causes Craig's vehicle to lose precious time and the patrols to get closer as he, Sally-Anne and Captian Nbebi flee King's Lynn?
(a) They crash into an anthill.
(b) One tire blows out.
(c) They have to get gas.
12. What is the first thing Craig, Sarah and Sally-Anne do when the Cessna arrives?
(a) Review the flight map.
(b) Load the plane with supplies.
(c) Strip the plane of non-essentials.
(d) Send Sally-Anne's photos to the US Embassy.
13. Where do Craig and the warriors stop for help on their way to the prison?
(a) The US Embassy.
(b) Sarah's father's village.
(c) King's Lynn.
(d) A Matabele training mission.
14. Who kills the radio operator?
(d) Commrade Lookout.
15. How does Peter know the group is hiding somewhere near Vusamanzi's village?
(a) Comrade Lookout betrays them.
(b) He traces their spoor.
(c) Peter sees them walking in the bush at night.
(d) One of Vusamanzi's wives contacts Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where from the prison does Craig get extra fuel for their journey to the Cessna?
2. Craig and Sally-Anne must leave Captain Nbebi behind because he is mortally wounded. What do they leave with him?
3. How do Craig and the warriors get into the prison?
4. After Craig and Sally-Anne defeat all of Peter's soldiers and continue on foot, what do they forget to take with them?
5. What goes wrong with the plan to enter the prison?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)