|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tungata hold off the soldiers who are approaching the caverns?
(a) He blocks the entrance with rocks.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He blocks the entrance with fire.
(d) He throws a grenade out of the opening.
2. Who navigates the road as Craig, Sally-Anne and Captain Nbebi flee Peter' soldiers?
(c) Captain Nbebi.
(d) They use a map.
3. Why isn't Craig successful in entering Lobengula's tomb?
(a) He doesn't want the others to know its location.
(b) He needs more time.
(c) It has been sealed shut.
(d) Vusamanzi prohibits him because he is not part of the prophecy.
4. After Captain Nbebi is killed, how does Sally-Anne help in Craig's fight against Peter's soldier?
(a) She throws a grenade into the patrols' vehicle.
(b) She stabs a soldier.
(c) She shoots a soldier, killing him.
(d) She shoots a soldier, wounding him.
5. How does Peter connect Tungata and the snake?
(a) He puts the snake in a garbage bag and puts the bag over Tungata's head.
(b) He uses a fencing helmet.
(c) He ties Tungata to his bed and ties the snake to Tungata.
(d) He ties Tungata's tongue to the snake's tail.
6. What does Tungata find when he reaches Lobengula's tomb where the diamonds are hidden?
(a) More diamonds than he knew where there.
(b) Peter's soliders waiting to kill him.
(c) Armed guards.
(d) The diamonds are gone.
7. What does Sarah teach Sally-Anne while they are hiding in the cavern?
(a) Sindebele songs that the women sing.
(b) The traditional stories of the Zimbabwe people.
(c) How to cook African dishes.
(d) How to speak Sindebele.
8. Peter agrees to release Sarah if Tungata will do what?
(a) Tell him the way to the diamonds.
(b) Give him a map to the diamonds.
(c) Take him to the diamonds.
(d) Sign over the rights to the diamonds.
9. How do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata stay calm while in Lobengula's tomb?
(a) They listen to Tungata's stories of the freedom fighting days.
(b) The listen to Sally-Anne's stories of catching poachers when she worked for the Wildlife Federation.
(c) They listen to Craig's stories about the diamonds.
(d) They listen to Sarah sing in Sindebele.
10. Who leaves the cavern during the night?
(a) Sarah and Sally-Anne.
(b) Craig and Tungata.
(c) Craig and Sally-Anne.
(d) Sarah and Tungata.
11. What does Peter do to the poisonous snake to make it angry enough to bite Tungata's face?
(a) He starves it.
(b) He burns it with hot coals.
(c) He hits it.
(d) He holds it by its tail.
12. What does Craig first notice about Tungata when he sees him at the prison during the rescue?
(a) He is naked.
(b) He is unable to walk.
(c) He is gaunt.
(d) He is crying.
13. How does Colonel Nikolai Bukharin intend to find Peter guilty?
(a) By torturing him.
(b) By sending Botwana police after him.
(c) By arresting him.
(d) By befriending him.
14. How is Craig able to get all of his property returned to him?
(a) Peter must return it after he is tried.
(b) Henry Pickering forgives his debts.
(c) It has been abandoned so Craig simply moves back in.
(d) Tungata pays it off with a diamond.
15. Who does Craig summon for help once he, Sally-Anne and Sarah land in Zimbabwe to rescue Tungata?
(c) Morgan Oxford.
(d) Comrade Lookout.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are running from the prison break, what almost prevents Craig, Sarah and Tungata from making it to the Cessna?
2. What does Craig manage to do when the soldiers catch up to him and Sally-Anne?
3. How does Vusamanzi know the location of King Lobengula's remains?
4. What do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata name the largest diamond in Lobengula's tomb?
5. Why can't Craig, Sally Anne, Sarah and Tungata escape up the rope ladder that is by the edge in cavern?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)