|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tungata feel about Craig after the trial?
(a) Tungata says that they are even.
(b) Tungata spits on Craig as he leaves the court room.
(c) Tungata says that Craig will pay.
(d) Tungata apologizes to Craig.
2. What does the officer in charge do while the elephants lie dying?
(a) He looks on with remorse.
(b) He cries.
(c) He walks around inspecting their tusks.
(d) He takes a nap.
3. What tragedy do Sally-Anne and Craig stumble upon on Zambezi Waters property?
(a) Rhinoceros carcasses.
(b) Lions that are sick.
(c) Elephant carcasses.
(d) Elephants dying after being poached.
4. What job does Henry Pickering give Craig with World Bank?
(a) Field Investigator.
(b) Vice President.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
5. Where does Craig get his news concerning the state of Zimbabwe?
(c) The internet.
6. In Section 4, how does Craig feel about Sally-Anne?
(a) He is confused by her comments.
(b) He enjoys her friendship, but wants nothing more.
(c) He is annoyed by her constant presence.
(d) He hopes to be more than friends.
7. According to Craig, what will the Matabele-style slaying in Section 6 lead to?
(a) Anger in the streets.
(b) Tungata's death.
(c) Civil war.
(d) Justice coming to Zimbabwe.
8. How does Craig feel about himself as a writer?
(a) He is proud of his successes.
(b) He thinks he is the best writer to come out of Africa.
(c) He is fearful that he will run out of ideas.
(d) He doubts his abilities.
9. Why does Craig need to wait at the hospital after the run-in with Tungata?
(a) His artificial leg is damaged.
(b) He has a head injury.
(c) He has an infected finger.
(d) He has a broken arm.
10. How much does Craig spend on cattle alone?
(b) 2 million.
(c) 1 million.
11. How does Peter feel about Craig's plans for Chizarira?
(a) Peter offers to help Craig financially.
(b) Peter warns Craig not to go forward with his plans.
(c) Peter gives Craig new ideas on improving the land.
(d) Peter tells Craig it is a waste of money.
12. After meeting with Tungata, what does Craig realize?
(a) He has forgotten how to deal with African politicians.
(b) He has been under surveillance since his arrival.
(c) He must leave Zimbabwe immediately.
(d) He has been forgiven by the Comrade Minister.
13. What does Tungata do in response to being found out as the master poacher?
(a) He denies the rumors.
(b) He pulls a gun and knive.
(c) He kills his top official.
(d) He kidnaps Sally-Anne.
14. What is done with the dead elephants, once all the tusks are taken?
(a) Their meat is harvested and cooked.
(b) The carcasses are left in the sun to rot.
(c) The bones are collected so there is no evidence.
(d) The bodies are dragged into the river.
15. What does Craig fly back to New York to do?
(a) Sell Bawu.
(b) Report to Henry.
(c) Sell his apartment.
(d) Publish his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig do at the estate agency?
2. How does the government respond to Craig Mellow's obsession?
3. When they were younger why did both Craig and Tungata quit their jobs?
4. How does Craig get messages to Henry Pickering?
5. Who does Craig hire to find 20 men and manage them?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)