|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Craig and Sally-Anne from death in Section 7?
(c) Tungata's men.
(d) Captain Nbebi.
2. What is the outcome of Craig and Tungata's confrontation in Section 5?
(a) Craig and Tungata call a truce.
(b) Tungata breaks Craig's nose.
(c) Craig wrestles Tungata to unconsciousness.
(d) Tungata shoots Craig.
3. According to Craig, what will the Matabele-style slaying in Section 6 lead to?
(a) Civil war.
(b) Tungata's death.
(c) Justice coming to Zimbabwe.
(d) Anger in the streets.
4. What is the Matabele name given to Craig?
5. How does Peter prove that Tungata is the master poacher?
(a) Through documents found in Tungata's office.
(b) Through the tape recorded confession of his helpers.
(c) Through photographs taken by Sally-Anne.
(d) Through an undercover bust.
6. After meeting with Tungata, what does Craig realize?
(a) He has been forgiven by the Comrade Minister.
(b) He has been under surveillance since his arrival.
(c) He must leave Zimbabwe immediately.
(d) He has forgotten how to deal with African politicians.
7. Why does Craig need to wait at the hospital after the run-in with Tungata?
(a) His artificial leg is damaged.
(b) He has a head injury.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has an infected finger.
8. What new name does Craig decide to give to the property?
(a) Zambezi Preserve.
(b) Zambezi Air.
(c) Zambezi Meadows.
(d) Zambezi Waters.
9. Who is responsible for the Matabele-style killing?
10. How does Craig feel about himself as a writer?
(a) He is fearful that he will run out of ideas.
(b) He thinks he is the best writer to come out of Africa.
(c) He doubts his abilities.
(d) He is proud of his successes.
11. How do Sally-Anne, Craig and Peter Fungabera travel in Zimbabwe?
(a) In Peter's Hummer.
(b) In a Cessna.
(c) On foot.
(d) In an armored vehicle.
12. Who is Joseph?
(a) A land manager from Bawu.
(b) A houseboy from Bawu.
(c) A nanny from Bawu.
(d) A cook from Bawu.
13. What does Craig stumble across that makes him reflect on his life?
(a) A letter from an old friend.
(b) A journal from high school.
(c) Pictures from his childhood.
(d) Notes from the first book he wrote.
14. In Section 4, how does Craig feel about Sally-Anne?
(a) He is confused by her comments.
(b) He hopes to be more than friends.
(c) He is annoyed by her constant presence.
(d) He enjoys her friendship, but wants nothing more.
15. Where are the elephants driven to, so they can be killed?
(a) A river that they cannot cross.
(b) An open field owned by the government.
(c) A deserted minefield.
(d) A camp in the bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tungata do in response to being found out as the master poacher?
2. What is Craig Mellow's purpose in returning to Africa?
3. How does Craig feel about the money wanted for the land?
4. Why is Sally-Anne in Zimbabwe?
5. What tragedy do Sally-Anne and Craig stumble upon on Zambezi Waters property?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)