|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting with Tungata, what does Craig realize?
(a) He has been forgiven by the Comrade Minister.
(b) He has forgotten how to deal with African politicians.
(c) He has been under surveillance since his arrival.
(d) He must leave Zimbabwe immediately.
2. What does the Comrade Minister of State do once the elephants are dead?
(a) He inspects the tusks.
(b) He pays his men.
(c) He commends his leaders.
(d) He confesses what he did because he feels guilty.
3. Where does Craig Mellow travel to in order to meet with his publisher?
(b) New York.
(d) South Africa.
4. How does Peter prove that Tungata is the master poacher?
(a) Through the tape recorded confession of his helpers.
(b) Through documents found in Tungata's office.
(c) Through an undercover bust.
(d) Through photographs taken by Sally-Anne.
5. What is Sally-Anne's condition after the kidnapping?
(a) She has no injuries.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She has life-threatening injuries.
(d) She is injured but will recover.
6. What does Tungata tell Craig in their meeting about the land?
(a) His request will be approved in the morning.
(b) His request will never be approved.
(c) His request is already approved.
(d) His request will be approved but it will take months.
7. How does Craig feel about Tungata's sentence?
(a) He thinks it should be longer.
(b) He is satisfied.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is shocked.
8. When Craig is alone with Sally-Anne what does he tell her?
(a) He is sorry for how he acted in New York.
(b) He reminds her that he is more important than she is.
(c) He tells her to leave Zimbabwe as soon as possible.
(d) He tells her about his run-in with the Matabele warriors.
9. Why is Sally-Anne in Zimbabwe?
(a) To assist World Bank negotiations with the government.
(b) To see a rehabilitation camp.
(c) To photograph more elephant graveyards.
(d) To take photos of Rholands Ranching Company.
10. What does the officer in charge do while the elephants lie dying?
(a) He cries.
(b) He walks around inspecting their tusks.
(c) He looks on with remorse.
(d) He takes a nap.
11. What prized possession does Craig bring back to Africa in Section 4?
(a) The manuscript of his first novel.
(b) Handwritten journals.
(c) An old letter from his grandfather.
(d) Childhood pictures from Chizarira.
12. What has Sally-Anne discovered that promises to shake things up in Zimbabwe?
(a) The names of the contributors to Craig's financing.
(b) The identity of the master poacher.
(c) The first chapter to Craig's next novel.
(d) Documents left by the former owners of Rholands.
13. What does Craig's Matabele name mean?
(a) For the face smiles on its own.
(b) For the arm swings on its own.
(c) For the leg walks on its own.
(d) For the finger points on its own.
14. What does Craig stumble across that makes him reflect on his life?
(a) A journal from high school.
(b) A letter from an old friend.
(c) Pictures from his childhood.
(d) Notes from the first book he wrote.
15. While Sally-Anne and Craig are watching Tungata, what does Craig realize?
(a) Sally-Anne is working with Tungata.
(b) He is in love with Sally-Anne.
(c) He must be the one to confront Tungata.
(d) He wants to protect Tungata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Matabele Warriors escort Craig off the property?
2. On his trip, Craig Mellow meets a photographer named Sally-Anne Jay. How does Craig feel about her work?
3. What picture from Sally-Anne's portfolio captures Craig's attention?
4. When Craig is reunited with Sally-Anne at the end of Section 5, what does he do?
5. What two sides does Craig see to Africa?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)