|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14, Pages 328 - 367.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Craig Mellow's obsession when he returns to Africa?
(a) Marrying an African girl from his former village.
(b) Finding the diamond mines.
(c) Helping to bring political peace.
(d) Restoring his family's ranch.
2. How do Craig, Sally-Anne, Sarah and Tungata stay calm while in Lobengula's tomb?
(a) They listen to Tungata's stories of the freedom fighting days.
(b) The listen to Sally-Anne's stories of catching poachers when she worked for the Wildlife Federation.
(c) They listen to Sarah sing in Sindebele.
(d) They listen to Craig's stories about the diamonds.
3. What does Tungata do before taking some of the diamonds from Lobengula's tomb?
(a) He asks Lobengula's permission.
(b) He chooses only the perfect ones.
(c) He asks Craig's permission.
(d) He proposes to Sarah.
4. Tungata leaves messages for two people before going to prison. Who are the messages for?
(a) Craig and Sarah.
(b) Tungata's wife and son.
(c) Judge Domashawa and the chief investigator.
(d) Peter and Sally-Anne.
5. When Craig, Sally-Anne, Tungata and Sarah feel the ground tremble, what do they know has happened?
(a) There has been an earthquake.
(b) Lobengula is angry that the diamonds have been taken.
(c) The water from the lake is coming through the entrance.
(d) The entrance has been dynamited shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig first notice about Tungata when he sees him at the prison during the rescue?
2. Why is the grand house at King's Lynn in disrepair?
3. What happens when the first four bulls arrive on Craig's land?
4. Why do Craig and Sarah have a hard time getting the help they need from some of the Matabele in order to rescue Tungata?
5. When Craig returns to his hotel room at the end of Section 3 what does he learn?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)