|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
2. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
3. What does Rocio learn to value about herself close to the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Whom of the following is Rocio's "evil" professor?
5. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the common thread that binds Rocio's interest in spending time with Eloisa, Diana, Josie, and Barbara at the time that Rocio meets each of them; and the common thread that unravels her interest to continue to spend time with any of them. Cite text from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
In college and rooming with her boyfriend, Loudon, Rocio entertains thoughts of escaping to the arms of one of Loudon's friends, and getting a place of her own. Explain how certain events in Rocio's life prior to college, as described in the book, are likely to have foreshadowed her desire to change her collegiate love interest and living arrangements.
Essay Topic 3
There is a climactic moment in the story when Rocio sheds the idea of having to imitate others in order to achieve some self-worth. Detail that moment, along with the events that led her to it with supporting text from the book.
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)