|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
2. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
3. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
4. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
5. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
Essay Topic 1
In college and rooming with her boyfriend, Loudon, Rocio entertains thoughts of escaping to the arms of one of Loudon's friends, and getting a place of her own. Explain how certain events in Rocio's life prior to college, as described in the book, are likely to have foreshadowed her desire to change her collegiate love interest and living arrangements.
Essay Topic 2
What is the book's central theme? Is its intended theme message conveyed effectively? Detail either your affirmative or negative response with supporting text from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Although the Athertons who live next door to Rocio are mentioned as permanent fixtures in prominent fashion at the beginning of the he story, unlike other lesser-mentioned neighbors' , (e.g., the two boys who move away and get wealthy, and Rocio's cousin who moves away), the reader is never apprised of their ultimate fate. What are your thoughts on what may have happened to Mr. and Mrs. Atherton and their son, Ricky by the time that Rocio and Mercy grew up and left home at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)