|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rocio meet Nita Wembley?
2. Where does the smoking and pawing of shoulders involving Rocio's distant relative take place as described in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
3. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Which of the following probable factors contributes to Rocio's work hours being increased?
5. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Five imagery examples are included in The Closet section of the book via descriptions of the contents in five closets. An additional imagery example is included in the Evening in Paris section of the book via the description of the Esquibel Christmas meal. Detail your selection of the best imagery example from the six (6) examples provided, and explain the basis for your selection.
Essay Topic 2
Even though she never makes an actual appearance in the book, it is evident that Nieves' first daughter, Ronelia has a spot in the lives of Nieves and Rocio. Detail that role, and state whether Rocio or Nieves is affected more by her existence -- and explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Using text-supported statements, explain whether Rocio's repeated departures from the "blue" room that culminate with her attainment of imaginary freedom, foreshadow her eventual departure from her lackluster family life and attainment of actual freedom.
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)