|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
2. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
3. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
4. Who is Joseph Pappas?
5. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what were some of the factors that contributed to Rocio's decision not to pursue a career in the medical field?
2. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
3. Based on the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what tasks associated with her costume room-related job does Rocio not like?
4. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
5. What clues are included in the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, that indicate that Rocio may not really be interested in a long-term relationship with Loudon?
6. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what mental and emotional exercises that she experiences through her association with Eloisa does Rocio repeat with Diana?
7. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
8. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what does Rocio's training in the medical field consist of during the time that she works at the hospital?
9. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
10. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what is it that Rocio's distant relative, Eloisa, is able to provide that inspires Rocio to want to spend a lot of time with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the book's central theme? Is its intended theme message conveyed effectively? Detail either your affirmative or negative response with supporting text from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Early in the book, Rocio Esquibel is depicted as a young girl with low self-esteem who is rather unsure of herself. How does that depiction contrast from the Rocio who is depicted as the book progresses, and the Rocio whom we see at the end of the book in terms of self-esteem and self-confidence? Cite text from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Five imagery examples are included in The Closet section of the book via descriptions of the contents in five closets. An additional imagery example is included in the Evening in Paris section of the book via the description of the Esquibel Christmas meal. Detail your selection of the best imagery example from the six (6) examples provided, and explain the basis for your selection.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)