|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Rocio's view of her job?
2. What does Diana lose that troubles Rocio?
3. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
4. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
5. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what is it that Rocio's distant relative, Eloisa, is able to provide that inspires Rocio to want to spend a lot of time with her?
2. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
3. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
4. According to the text in the Space is a Solid section of the book, graduate student, Loudon Reily is the single bright spot in Rocio's life at college. What does Loudon do in order to merit the label of "single bright spot" in Rocio's life as a co-ed?
5. What clues are included in the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, that indicate that Rocio may not really be interested in a long-term relationship with Loudon?
6. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
7. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
8. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what significant role if any, does age play in Rocio's interest in Josie?
9. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
10. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, does anything positive result from Rocio accepting the menu girl job at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Five imagery examples are included in The Closet section of the book via descriptions of the contents in five closets. An additional imagery example is included in the Evening in Paris section of the book via the description of the Esquibel Christmas meal. Detail your selection of the best imagery example from the six (6) examples provided, and explain the basis for your selection.
Essay Topic 2
What is the book's central theme? Is its intended theme message conveyed effectively? Detail either your affirmative or negative response with supporting text from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Does Rocio maintain a close or distant relationship with her sister, Mercy throughout the book? Please elaborate on your position by citing text from the book.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)