|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
2. Which of the following plays do Rocio and her boyfriend attend prior to going to a gala event?
3. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
4. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
5. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
Essay Topic 1
Using text-supported statements, explain whether Rocio's repeated departures from the "blue" room that culminate with her attainment of imaginary freedom, foreshadow her eventual departure from her lackluster family life and attainment of actual freedom.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship that is maintained between Nieves and Mercy throughout the book, one that lacks warmth? Or is the relationship one that is filled with warmth? Regardless of what your position may be, is it Nieves or Mercy who is largely responsible for the apparent existence of warmth or the lack of it that exists in their relationship? Support your statements with text from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Even though she never makes an actual appearance in the book, it is evident that Nieves' first daughter, Ronelia has a spot in the lives of Nieves and Rocio. Detail that role, and state whether Rocio or Nieves is affected more by her existence -- and explain why.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)