|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is not descriptive of Nieves' nature?
2. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
3. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
4. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
5. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, does religion play a role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
2. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, in what sense can the television room closet be labeled as being historical?
3. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
4. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, why could the living room closet be aptly labeled as a potpourri type of closet?
5. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
6. Based on the text in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio telling her sister, Mercy about her "special rooms" and advising her to find her own reveal about Rocio's bond with Mercy?
7. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
8. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
9. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward the existence of harmony on the "down" side of the street where Rocio lives?
10. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Five imagery examples are included in The Closet section of the book via descriptions of the contents in five closets. An additional imagery example is included in the Evening in Paris section of the book via the description of the Esquibel Christmas meal. Detail your selection of the best imagery example from the six (6) examples provided, and explain the basis for your selection.
Essay Topic 2
Does Rocio maintain a close or distant relationship with her sister, Mercy throughout the book? Please elaborate on your position by citing text from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the book's central theme? Is its intended theme message conveyed effectively? Detail either your affirmative or negative response with supporting text from the book.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)