|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
2. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(d) Mary Alice.
3. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
(a) New Mexico.
4. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
(a) The local beautician.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) The mother of a child whom Rocio knows.
(d) A Justice of the Peace.
5. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
(a) For getting free medical care in the United States.
(b) For playing a loud radio all of the time.
(c) For having abandoned a spouse and children.
(d) For having made fun of them at a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rocio normally see Ginita?
2. What is the surname of the wealthy family that is mentioned in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
3. Whom of the following is Rocio's "evil" professor?
4. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
5. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
2. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what were some of the factors that contributed to Rocio's decision not to pursue a career in the medical field?
3. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
4. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, can you describe some of Rocio's young drama class students?
5. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, why is Rocio not happy with her current life?
6. As the story progresses in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what are some of the things that Loudon does and/or fails to do that tarnish his image in terms of being "the bright spot" in Rocio's life?
7. According to the text in the Space is a Solid section of the book, graduate student, Loudon Reily is the single bright spot in Rocio's life at college. What does Loudon do in order to merit the label of "single bright spot" in Rocio's life as a co-ed?
8. Based on the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what tasks associated with her costume room-related job does Rocio not like?
9. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what significant role if any, does age play in Rocio's interest in Josie?
10. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what does Rocio's training in the medical field consist of during the time that she works at the hospital?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)