|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a weekly task that Rocio has to perform while on the job?
(a) Clean out the vegetable bin in the refrigerator.
(b) Mend costumes.
(c) Conduct an inventory of office supplies.
(d) Make sure that the postage meter has enough ink.
2. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At Camp Green Hill.
(b) At Camp Karankawa.
(c) At the home of her father's relatives.
(d) At the home of her mother's relatives.
3. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
4. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(b) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(c) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(d) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
5. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
(a) A children's math class.
(b) A children's science discovery class.
(c) A children's drama class.
(d) A children's ballet class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
3. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
4. Whom of the following is Rocio's "evil" professor?
5. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what mental and emotional exercises that she experiences through her association with Eloisa does Rocio repeat with Diana?
2. According to the text in the Space is a Solid section of the book, graduate student, Loudon Reily is the single bright spot in Rocio's life at college. What does Loudon do in order to merit the label of "single bright spot" in Rocio's life as a co-ed?
3. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, does anything positive result from Rocio accepting the menu girl job at the hospital?
4. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
5. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
6. According to the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what aspects of Rocio's job at the hospital may help her develop "good bedside manner" in case she changes her mind, and decides to pursue a career in medicine?
7. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what does Rocio's training in the medical field consist of during the time that she works at the hospital?
8. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is the real reason that Rocio has accepted a summer job as a food worker at the hospital?
9. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
10. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what is it that Rocio's distant relative, Eloisa, is able to provide that inspires Rocio to want to spend a lot of time with her?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)