|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a weekly task that Rocio has to perform while on the job?
(a) Conduct an inventory of office supplies.
(b) Clean out the vegetable bin in the refrigerator.
(c) Mend costumes.
(d) Make sure that the postage meter has enough ink.
2. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
(a) Food worker.
(b) Church office assistant.
(c) Library assistant.
(d) Banana split specialist.
3. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(a) Mary Alice.
4. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(b) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(c) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(d) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
5. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
(c) Physical beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
2. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
3. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
4. What is it that Diana does not have the ability to do well?
5. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what mental and emotional exercises that she experiences through her association with Eloisa does Rocio repeat with Diana?
2. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, how does Rocio, while working at the hospital, witness a two-part act of discrimination hurled at an illegal Mexican by a pair of "legal" Hispanics?
3. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
4. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
5. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, does anything positive result from Rocio accepting the menu girl job at the hospital?
6. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
7. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
8. According to the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what aspects of Rocio's job at the hospital may help her develop "good bedside manner" in case she changes her mind, and decides to pursue a career in medicine?
9. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, can you describe some of Rocio's young drama class students?
10. As the story progresses in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what are some of the things that Loudon does and/or fails to do that tarnish his image in terms of being "the bright spot" in Rocio's life?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)