|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Take blood pressure.
(b) Make hot fudge sundaes.
(c) Catalog books.
(d) Write thank you notes.
2. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
3. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(d) Mary Alice.
4. Which of the following is Rocio's boyfriend?
(a) Clayton Birch.
(b) Robert Jennings.
(c) Loudon Reily.
(d) Daniel Marsh.
5. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
(a) For having abandoned a spouse and children.
(b) For playing a loud radio all of the time.
(c) For having made fun of them at a party.
(d) For getting free medical care in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the smoking and pawing of shoulders involving Rocio's distant relative take place as described in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. Which of the following is the classification of Rocio's boyfriend at the university?
3. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
4. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
5. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, what does Rocio do that changes Nita Wembley's opinion about her to the point of threatening to report her to the drama department head at the college?
2. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what were some of the factors that contributed to Rocio's decision not to pursue a career in the medical field?
3. According to the Shooting Stars section of the book, is there a single factor that contributes toward Rocio being able to gain a positive outlook on herself, her worthiness, and an apparent realization that she will not need to adjust her life to be like that of Eloisa's, Diana's, Josie's, or Barbara's in order to attain happiness?
4. What clues are included in the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, that indicate that Rocio may not really be interested in a long-term relationship with Loudon?
5. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
6. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what are some of the ways in which Rocio shows compassion as she performs her job at the hospital?
7. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
8. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what significant role if any, does age play in Rocio's interest in Josie?
9. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, does anything positive result from Rocio accepting the menu girl job at the hospital?
10. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, can you describe some of Rocio's young drama class students?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)