|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(b) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(c) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(d) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
2. Which of the following is associated with Rocio's job at the University?
(a) Her assistanceship.
(b) Her student loan.
(c) Federal Work-Study Program.
(d) Her personal interest.
3. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Carolina and Viola.
(b) Rosario and Erminia.
(c) Tomasa and Noemi.
(d) Marisol and Ana.
4. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
5. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
(a) American History.
(b) Music Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following probable factors contributes to Rocio's work hours being increased?
2. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
3. Where does Rocio accept a job?
4. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
5. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
2. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
3. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what does Rocio's training in the medical field consist of during the time that she works at the hospital?
4. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
5. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, how does Rocio, while working at the hospital, witness a two-part act of discrimination hurled at an illegal Mexican by a pair of "legal" Hispanics?
6. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is the real reason that Rocio has accepted a summer job as a food worker at the hospital?
7. According to the text in the Space is a Solid section of the book, graduate student, Loudon Reily is the single bright spot in Rocio's life at college. What does Loudon do in order to merit the label of "single bright spot" in Rocio's life as a co-ed?
8. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, why is Rocio not happy with her current life?
9. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what is it that Rocio's distant relative, Eloisa, is able to provide that inspires Rocio to want to spend a lot of time with her?
10. Based on the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what tasks associated with her costume room-related job does Rocio not like?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)