|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
2. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
(a) For having made fun of them at a party.
(b) For having abandoned a spouse and children.
(c) For getting free medical care in the United States.
(d) For playing a loud radio all of the time.
3. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
4. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
(a) Because she wears a lot of make-up.
(b) Because her hair looks absolutely perfect.
(c) Because she is closer in age to her.
(d) Because she has seen her at the skating rink.
5. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Look for another job.
(d) Take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
2. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
3. What is the name of the illegal citizen whom Rocio meets during the course of her job?
4. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
5. Who is Joseph Pappas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what are some of the ways in which Rocio shows compassion as she performs her job at the hospital?
2. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
3. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what does Rocio's training in the medical field consist of during the time that she works at the hospital?
4. According to the text in the Space is a Solid section of the book, graduate student, Loudon Reily is the single bright spot in Rocio's life at college. What does Loudon do in order to merit the label of "single bright spot" in Rocio's life as a co-ed?
5. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
6. According to the Shooting Stars section of the book, is there a single factor that contributes toward Rocio being able to gain a positive outlook on herself, her worthiness, and an apparent realization that she will not need to adjust her life to be like that of Eloisa's, Diana's, Josie's, or Barbara's in order to attain happiness?
7. Based on the narrative of the Shooting Stars section of the book, what may be contributing factors in leading Rocio to think that the only way for her to be able to attain happiness in her life is to adjust her life to be like that of either Eloisa, Diana, Josie, or Barbara?
8. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is the real reason that Rocio has accepted a summer job as a food worker at the hospital?
9. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
10. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)