|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
2. Which of the following does Rocio wish for in relation to her return to her work site?
(a) To go to her home.
(b) To be asked to return to her job.
(c) To never work there again.
(d) That all of her former co-workers will appreciate her visit.
3. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(b) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(c) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(d) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
4. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
(a) At the church office.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the soda shoppe.
(d) At school.
5. What does Rocio enjoy doing with the distant relative whom she meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Mowing grass for profit and eating a banana split afterwards.
(b) Playing tennis and drinking lemonade afterwards.
(c) Engaging in conversations and taking long walks.
(d) Learning new recipes and testing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
2. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
3. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
4. Where does Rocio meet Nita Wembley?
5. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
2. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, what does Rocio do that changes Nita Wembley's opinion about her to the point of threatening to report her to the drama department head at the college?
3. As the story progresses in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what are some of the things that Loudon does and/or fails to do that tarnish his image in terms of being "the bright spot" in Rocio's life?
4. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what significant role if any, does age play in Rocio's interest in Josie?
5. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
6. Based on the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what are some of the ways in which Rocio shows compassion as she performs her job at the hospital?
7. According to the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what aspects of Rocio's job at the hospital may help her develop "good bedside manner" in case she changes her mind, and decides to pursue a career in medicine?
8. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what mental and emotional exercises that she experiences through her association with Eloisa does Rocio repeat with Diana?
9. What clues are included in the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, that indicate that Rocio may not really be interested in a long-term relationship with Loudon?
10. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
This section contains 1,344 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)