|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
(d) New Mexico.
2. What is the name of the sweet, young girl in Rocio's class?
(a) Marisol Florence Evans.
(b) Betsy Robin Taylor.
(c) Karie Lee Threadgill.
(d) Mary Lou Adams.
3. Where does Rocio accept a job?
(a) At the babysitting agency.
(b) At the soda shoppe.
(c) At the public library.
(d) At the hospital.
4. Who is Joseph Pappas?
(a) The postman.
(b) A young man whom Rocio admires.
(c) Rocio's uncle.
(d) One of Rocio's professors.
5. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
2. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
3. What is it that Diana does not have the ability to do well?
4. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
5. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is the real reason that Rocio has accepted a summer job as a food worker at the hospital?
2. What clues are included in the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, that indicate that Rocio may not really be interested in a long-term relationship with Loudon?
3. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
4. According to the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what aspects of Rocio's job at the hospital may help her develop "good bedside manner" in case she changes her mind, and decides to pursue a career in medicine?
5. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, aside from beauty and proximity in age, is there yet another contributing factor that inspires Rocio to want to be like Josie's best friend, Barbara?
6. According to the Shooting Stars section of the book, is there a single factor that contributes toward Rocio being able to gain a positive outlook on herself, her worthiness, and an apparent realization that she will not need to adjust her life to be like that of Eloisa's, Diana's, Josie's, or Barbara's in order to attain happiness?
7. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
8. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, can you describe some of Rocio's young drama class students?
9. As the story progresses in the Space is a Solid section of the book, what are some of the things that Loudon does and/or fails to do that tarnish his image in terms of being "the bright spot" in Rocio's life?
10. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what activities does Eloisa engage in that shatter Rocio's illusory image of her?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)