|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
(a) The Aromatic Closet.
(b) The Office Supply Closet.
(c) The Christmas Wrapping Supplies Closet.
(d) The Guest Closet.
2. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(b) Rocio's sister, Mercy.
(c) Nieves' students.
(d) Family friends.
3. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
(a) The Culvers.
(b) The Espinosas.
(c) The Athertons.
(d) The Millers.
4. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
(b) The Earth beneath her.
5. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
(a) It is tucked away In the living room closet.
(b) It is stored on the kitchen shelf.
(c) It is placed in a prominent spot on Nieves' vanity table.
(d) Nieves tucks it away in her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
2. What article of clothing did the young man whom Rocio secretly admires inadvertently leave at her house?
3. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
4. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
5. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
2. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, why is Rocio likely to consider the willow tree to be her favorite?
3. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what does Rocio seem to have in abundance and her mother, Nieves seem to lack in relation to the celebration of Christmas?
4. How is Nieves' past reflected via the wedding photograph in her closet, and the details surrounding her first husband?
5. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
6. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "down" section of Rocio's street?
7. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does frugality play a major role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
8. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
9. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
10. Based on the story in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what best illustrates a lack of harmony between Rocio and her mother in terms of value and taste?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)