|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the favorite tree among the children who live in Rocio's neighborhood?
2. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Baked Alaska.
3. Which of the following adjectives is not descriptive of Nieves' nature?
4. Aside from Esquibel family members, which of the following normally become recipients of a couple of gifts from under the Esquibel Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's and Mercy's teachers.
(b) The Esquibels' neighbors across the street.
(c) The poor people at the church that the Esquibels attend.
(d) The poor in Mexico.
5. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
(a) The state Governor.
(b) Rocio and other children who live on her same block.
(c) The Homeowners' Association
(d) The town's mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
2. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
3. What is the main course at the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
4. Which city does Rocio mention as her dream destination to spend an evening?
5. How is Rocio related to Mercy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
2. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
3. Based on the story in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what best illustrates a lack of harmony between Rocio and her mother in terms of value and taste?
4. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
5. How is Nieves' past reflected via the wedding photograph in her closet, and the details surrounding her first husband?
6. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
7. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
8. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
9. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what does Rocio seem to have in abundance and her mother, Nieves seem to lack in relation to the celebration of Christmas?
10. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)