|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following country's poor are to receive the rummage in the living room closet in the Esquibel home?
2. Which of the words below can best describe the Christmas gifts that Rocio and her sister, Mercy receive from their mother?
3. How is Rocio related to Mercy?
(a) Rocio is Mercy's sister.
(b) Rocio is Mercy's niece.
(c) Rocio is Mercy's cousin.
(d) Rocio is Mercy's aunt.
4. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
(a) Utility Room Closet.
(b) Living Room Closet.
(c) Bathroom Closet.
(d) Television Room Closet.
5. Which aspect of Christmas is not mentioned in relation to the Esquibels' yuletide observance?
(a) Christmas tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Rocio's father moved?
2. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
3. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
4. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
5. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in the Evening in Paris, how do Rocio and her mother differ in terms of the level of forethought applied toward the purchase of Christmas gifts for one another?
2. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "down" section of Rocio's street?
3. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
4. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does frugality play a major role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
5. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
6. Based on the story in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what best illustrates a lack of harmony between Rocio and her mother in terms of value and taste?
7. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
8. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
9. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, in what sense can the television room closet be labeled as being historical?
10. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward the existence of harmony on the "down" side of the street where Rocio lives?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)