Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the planet Jupiter.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To the sun.
(d) To the universe.
2. Which of the following trees on Rocio's tree is considered to have the most character?
3. What store is Rocio doing her Christmas shopping in as the Evening in Paris section of the book begins?
(b) Dina's Country Store.
(d) The Christmas Shoppe.
4. Who wore Nieves' wedding dress for her own wedding?
5. Which aspect of Christmas is not mentioned in relation to the Esquibels' yuletide observance?
(b) Christmas tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rocio feel about the celebration of Christmas at her house?
2. Aside from food, which of the following is stored in the Esquibels' kitchen?
3. What does Rocio see as she is "flying" into the universe?
4. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
5. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, what is it that Rocio's distant relative, Eloisa, is able to provide that inspires Rocio to want to spend a lot of time with her?
2. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
3. According to the text in the Evening in Paris, how do Rocio and her mother differ in terms of the level of forethought applied toward the purchase of Christmas gifts for one another?
4. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "down" section of Rocio's street?
5. Based on the narrative in The Closet section of the book, is there a correlation between the "gray room", the "blue room", the universe, and their positions in relation to a yearning for a free-like existence that Rocio may have?
6. Based on the text in the Compadre section of the book, how has Regino's life changed as the book comes to an end?
7. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
8. Based on the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio's closet reveal about her?
9. According to the narrative in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is the real reason that Rocio has accepted a summer job as a food worker at the hospital?
10. Based on the narrative in the Compadre section of the book, can you describe Rocio's father's visits with Rocio, Mercy, and Nieves?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)