Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Mercy one Christmas?
(a) Nieves does not remember any Christmas gift that she has given to Mercy.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A pair of roller skates.
(d) A play house.
2. Which of the following types of closets is not mentioned as being among those in the Esquibel home?
(a) Utility Room Closet.
(b) Television Room Closet.
(c) Bathroom Closet.
(d) Living Room Closet.
3. Which of the following set types of everyday work apparel can be found in Nieves' closet?
4. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
2. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
3. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
4. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
5. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
2. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what does Rocio seem to have in abundance and her mother, Nieves seem to lack in relation to the celebration of Christmas?
3. According to the text in the Compadre section of the book, what is the basis for Rocio, now a college graduate, constantly arguing with her mother?
4. Based on the text in The Last of the Menu Girls section of the book, what is an accurate description of Rocio's outlook toward her job?
5. According to the narrative in the Shooting Stars section of the book, is Rocio more impressed with Josie Marquez's wealth; or the beauty enhancements that she apparently applies to herself?
6. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward the existence of harmony on the "down" side of the street where Rocio lives?
7. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, what does Rocio do that changes Nita Wembley's opinion about her to the point of threatening to report her to the drama department head at the college?
8. Based on the narrative of the Space is a Solid section of the book, can you describe some of Rocio's young drama class students?
9. Based on the story in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what best illustrates a lack of harmony between Rocio and her mother in terms of value and taste?
10. According to the narrative in the Space is a Solid section of the book, how can Nita Wembley be characterized?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)