|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the living room closet in Rocio's house considered as being?
(a) The Aromatic Closet.
(b) The Office Supply Closet.
(c) The Guest Closet.
(d) The Christmas Wrapping Supplies Closet.
2. What does the ashtray with cigarette butts that Nieves keeps on a shelf close to the table supposed to signify?
(a) Do not smoke in this house.
(b) The last time that Rocio and Mercy's father visited them.
(c) The last time that Nieves lit up a cigarette.
(d) Smoking kills.
3. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
(a) She uses it and stores it.away.
(b) She does not use it nor store it away.
(c) She uses it and does not store it away.
(d) She does not use it and stores it away.
4. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
(a) A submissive type of disposition.
(b) A gregarious type of disposition.
(c) A passive type of disposition.
(d) An animal meanness type of disposition.
5. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "yellow room".
(b) The "ivory room".
(c) The "purple room".
(d) The "blue room".
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit tree is located on a vacant lot down the street from Rocio's home?
2. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
3. How do the next door neighbors come across to Rocio and her sister?
4. Which of the following is the location of the imaginary "gray room" that Rocio "visits" during her naps?
5. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
2. According to the text in the Evening in Paris, how do Rocio and her mother differ in terms of the level of forethought applied toward the purchase of Christmas gifts for one another?
3. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
4. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
5. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
6. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
7. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, why could the living room closet be aptly labeled as a potpourri type of closet?
8. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
9. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
10. Based on the narrative of the Willow Game section of the book, how do Rocio and her family show their reverence toward the willow tree?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)