|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sets of guest towels are stored in the Esquibels' bathroom closet?
2. What does Rocio's neighbors' eldest son systematically do to the willow tree?
(a) Destroys it.
(b) Waters it.
(c) Prunes it.
(d) Feeds it.
3. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He fell off a roof and broke his neck.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He drank acid.
4. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the universe.
(b) To the sun.
(c) To the planet Jupiter.
(d) To the moon.
5. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(d) Rocio and Mercy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following trees on Rocio's tree is considered to have the most character?
2. Which part of Rocio's street is the actual location of the town in which Rocio lives?
3. Which of the following items does Rocio buy as a Christmas gift for her mother, Nieves?
4. Who has divided Rocio's street into different parts?
5. What does Rocio do in relation to the small window in the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
2. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what events described therein contribute toward Rocio's resolve to not grow up to be like her mother, Nieves?
3. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
4. According to the text in the Evening in Paris, how do Rocio and her mother differ in terms of the level of forethought applied toward the purchase of Christmas gifts for one another?
5. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
6. Based on the text in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio telling her sister, Mercy about her "special rooms" and advising her to find her own reveal about Rocio's bond with Mercy?
7. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
8. Based on the narrative of the Willow Game section of the book, how do Rocio and her family show their reverence toward the willow tree?
9. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does frugality play a major role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
10. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)