|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rocio and Mercy do instead of taking an imposed nap?
(a) They watch television.
(b) They go swimming.
(c) They eat watermelon.
(d) They explore Nieves' closet.
2. What is the name of Rocio's mother?
3. Which of the following item types are not mentioned as being among the things in the television closet?
(d) Prom dresses.
4. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
(c) New Mexico.
5. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(b) Rocio and Mercy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rocio related to Mercy?
2. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Rocio one Christmas?
3. Overall, how can the celebration of Christmas at the Esquibel home best be described?
4. How do the next door neighbors come across to Rocio and her sister?
5. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
2. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
3. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
4. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward the existence of harmony on the "down" side of the street where Rocio lives?
5. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
6. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
7. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
8. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does frugality play a major role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
9. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, why is Rocio likely to consider the willow tree to be her favorite?
10. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)