|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Middle" part.
(b) The "Last" part.
(c) The "Down" part.
(d) The "Up" part.
2. Which of the following item types are among those found on the shelves in Nieves' closet?
(b) Old records.
(c) Fresh linens.
3. What does the willow tree down the street provide for Rocio, her family, and neighbors?
(a) Breathtaking beauty.
(b) A backdrop for family gatherings and photos.
(c) Plenty of shade.
(d) A great hiding place.
4. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
(a) The local druggist.
(b) The local doctor.
(c) Nieves' husband himself.
(d) The postman.
5. What type of tree does Rocio's mother plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Rocio prepared to spend on a gift for her mother?
2. Which of the following events largely contributes toward enriching the cultural mix in Rocio's neighborhood?
3. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Mercy one Christmas?
4. Which of the following items is not noted as being in the bathroom closet?
5. What is the large item mentioned as being stored in the living room closet at the Esquibel home?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
2. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
3. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does frugality play a major role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
4. Based on the narrative of the Willow Game section of the book, how do Rocio and her family show their reverence toward the willow tree?
5. How is Nieves' past reflected via the wedding photograph in her closet, and the details surrounding her first husband?
6. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
7. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
8. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, in what sense can the television room closet be labeled as being historical?
9. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
10. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)