|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The loss of which of the following prompts Rocio, her sister, and her mother to grieve?
(a) The willow tree.
(b) The family pet dog, Petunia.
(c) The mother's wedding ring.
(d) The family photo collection.
2. Who has gifted one of the Esquibels with most of the gifts under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
(a) Rocio's sister, Mercy.
(c) Family friends.
(d) Nieves' students.
3. Which of the following items does Rocio buy as a Christmas gift for her mother, Nieves?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A cologne set.
(c) A beret.
(d) A new purse.
4. What is the name of Rocio's mother?
5. What is the name of Rocio's neighbors' eldest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is mentioned as having been the cause of the death of Nieves' first husband?
2. What takes place every Christmas at the Esquibel home?
3. Where happens to the gift that Rocio gives her mother for Christmas?
4. What type of disposition does the eldest son of Rocio's next door neighbors seem to have?
5. Where do Rocio's neighbors send their eldest son to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
2. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, why could the living room closet be aptly labeled as a potpourri type of closet?
3. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
4. Based on the the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how do Rocio and her mother, Nieves share or differ in the manner that they go about acquiring gifts for their loved ones?
5. Based on the text in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio telling her sister, Mercy about her "special rooms" and advising her to find her own reveal about Rocio's bond with Mercy?
6. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "down" section of Rocio's street?
7. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward the existence of harmony on the "down" side of the street where Rocio lives?
8. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
9. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
10. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)