|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
2. What is the subject matter of the home movies in Nieves' closet?
(a) Nieves' family moving into their present home.
(b) Nieves' children's appearances in their respective school plays.
(c) The children in front of the willow tree.
(d) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
3. How many boys grew up on Rocio's street, and became wealthy later in life?
4. Where does Rocio end up being "transported" into directly from the "gray room"?
(a) The "purple room".
(b) The "blue room".
(c) The "yellow room".
(d) The "ivory room".
5. Which of the following is the nationality of Rocio's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the next door neighbors come across to Rocio and her sister?
2. Which part of Rocio's street is the actual location of the town in which Rocio lives?
3. Who is the recipient of most of the presents under the Esquibel family Christmas tree?
4. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Mercy one Christmas?
5. How many members comprise Rocio's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
2. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
3. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
4. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
5. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
6. Based on the text in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio telling her sister, Mercy about her "special rooms" and advising her to find her own reveal about Rocio's bond with Mercy?
7. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
8. Based on the narrative of the Willow Game section of the book, how does the baby willow tree that Nieves plants symbolically parallel Rocio's life transition from childhood into adolescence?
9. Based on the narrative of the Willow Game section of the book, how do Rocio and her family show their reverence toward the willow tree?
10. Based on the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio's closet reveal about her?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)