|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, where do Rocio's dreams take her?
(a) To the planet Jupiter.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To the universe.
(d) To the sun.
2. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
3. Who does Rocio tell about the imaginary rooms that she "visits" in her dreams?
4. Which of the following is the nationality of Rocio's family?
5. Which part of the street is Rocio's home located on?
(a) The "Middle" part.
(b) The "Up" part.
(c) The "Down" part.
(d) The "Last" part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Rocio mention as her dream destination to spend an evening?
2. What type of tree does Rocio's mother plant?
3. Which of the following gifts does Nieves remember giving to Rocio one Christmas?
4. Which of the following states is home to Rocio?
5. Which of the following families lives next door to Rocio?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
2. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, how does the family's holiday meal appear to be in relation to those traditionally served among those celebrating Christmas?
3. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, does religion play a role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
4. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what does Rocio seem to have in abundance and her mother, Nieves seem to lack in relation to the celebration of Christmas?
5. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, aside from the trees in the neighborhood, is there anything or anyone that remains a constant in Rocio's life?
6. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, can you describe the individuals who live in the "up" section of Rocio's street?
7. How is Nieves' attitude toward her career as a school teacher depicted via the items in her closet?
8. Based on the story in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what best illustrates a lack of harmony between Rocio and her mother in terms of value and taste?
9. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what childlike tendencies do Rocio and her sister, Mercy share?
10. According to the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, why is Rocio likely to consider the willow tree to be her favorite?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)