|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rocio's relatives moves away from the neighborhood?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
2. Which of the following memorable events that has occurred in Nieves' life is documented via a photograph in her closet?
(a) Her high school graduation.
(b) Her first wedding.
(c) Her 15th birthday celebration.
(d) Her second wedding.
3. What type of dessert is served as part of the Esquibel's family Christmas dinner?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Baked Alaska.
4. Which of the following events largely contributes toward enriching the cultural mix in Rocio's neighborhood?
(a) The Annual Fourth of July Celebration.
(b) African-American and Latino families living together.
(c) The Annual Multi-Cultural Festival.
(d) Latino and Anglo families living together.
5. What does the man of the house next to Rocio's work on during every spare moment that he has?
(a) His car.
(b) His lawn.
(c) Cleaning his garage.
(d) Repairing his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose image appears in the luminescent sliding picture in Nieves' closet?
2. Which of the following may have committed a mistake leading to the death of Nieves' first husband?
3. What does Rocio hear upon "flying" into the universe?
4. What does Nieves do with the Christmas present that she receives from Rocio?
5. Which of the following is Nieves' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrative in The Closet section of the book, in what sense can the television room closet be labeled as being historical?
2. Based on the narrative in The Closet section of the book, is there a correlation between the "gray room", the "blue room", the universe, and their positions in relation to a yearning for a free-like existence that Rocio may have?
3. Based on the narrative of The Closet section of the book, what can be construed as being indicative that Rocio is growing up?
4. According to the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, what does Rocio seem to have in abundance and her mother, Nieves seem to lack in relation to the celebration of Christmas?
5. Based on the text in the Evening in Paris section of the book, does religion play a role in the celebration of Christmas in Rocio's household?
6. What factors noted in the Willow Game section of the book contribute toward normalcy in Rocio's life?
7. According to the text in The Closet section of the book, what aspects or traits of Nieves' personality can be deciphered from the items in her closet?
8. Based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book, what are some of the transition-type changes involving some young people in her neighborhood that Rocio observes as she is growing up?
9. Based on the narrative in The Closet section of the book, what does Rocio's closet reveal about her?
10. Can you describe the Atherton's son based on the narrative in the Willow Game section of the book?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)