|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Take blood pressure.
(b) Make hot fudge sundaes.
(c) Write thank you notes.
(d) Catalog books.
2. Which of the following plays do Rocio and her boyfriend attend prior to going to a gala event?
(a) South Pacific.
(b) My Fair Lady.
(c) The Crucible.
(d) Don Quixote.
3. What is the name of the distant relative whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
(a) Poor circulation.
(c) Having had a nervous breakdown.
(d) A fever.
5. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Two boys.
6. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
(a) The costume room.
(b) The snack room refrigerator.
(c) The postage meter.
(d) The office supplies area.
7. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
(a) Rocio's great uncle.
(b) Rocio's great aunt.
(c) Mr. Atherton following his brain operation.
(d) Mrs. Atherton following an accident.
8. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Look for another job.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
9. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) The death of her great aunt.
(b) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
(c) The death of her great uncle.
(d) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
10. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
(a) An attempt to meet new neighbors at the local church.
(b) Hunger pangs.
(c) A search for a book published in 1911.
(d) Loss of his nose.
11. What is it that Diana does not have the ability to do well?
12. What is the surname of the wealthy family that is mentioned in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
13. What is the name of Diana's boyfriend?
14. Which of the following is associated with Rocio's job at the University?
(a) Her student loan.
(b) Her personal interest.
(c) Her assistanceship.
(d) Federal Work-Study Program.
15. What does Rocio enjoy doing with the distant relative whom she meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Engaging in conversations and taking long walks.
(b) Playing tennis and drinking lemonade afterwards.
(c) Mowing grass for profit and eating a banana split afterwards.
(d) Learning new recipes and testing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
3. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
4. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
5. What does Mr. Smith for a living?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)