|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(a) Mary Alice.
2. What does Diana lose that troubles Rocio?
(a) Her health.
(b) Rocio's address book that she had borrowed.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) A gold locket that Rocio had given to her.
3. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) The death of her great uncle.
(b) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
(c) The death of her great aunt.
(d) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
4. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
5. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
(a) The mother of a child whom Rocio knows.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) A Justice of the Peace.
(d) The local beautician.
6. Where does Rocio carry out her work when her job evolves into a different position?
(a) In the main store.
(b) In the deacon's office.
(c) In the surgical ward.
(d) In library director's office.
7. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At Camp Karankawa.
(b) At Camp Green Hill.
(c) At the home of her mother's relatives.
(d) At the home of her father's relatives.
8. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Rosario and Erminia.
(b) Marisol and Ana.
(c) Carolina and Viola.
(d) Tomasa and Noemi.
9. What does Nita Wembley's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a plumber.
(c) He is a shipwright.
(d) He is an acountant.
10. Which of the following is a weekly task that Rocio has to perform while on the job?
(a) Clean out the vegetable bin in the refrigerator.
(b) Mend costumes.
(c) Conduct an inventory of office supplies.
(d) Make sure that the postage meter has enough ink.
11. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
12. Whom of the following is Rocio's "evil" professor?
(a) Brenda Davis.
(b) Lorna Preston.
(c) Perry Dunbar.
(d) Jeff Breshears.
13. Who is Mr. Trevor?
(a) The local pharmacist.
(b) The Registrar at the university.
(c) The local grocer.
(d) The head of the drama department at the university.
14. What is the name of the illegal citizen whom Rocio meets during the course of her job?
15. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
(a) She had forgotten her address book in her locker there.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Her failure to sign an income-related form.
(d) A desire to to eat a brownie fudge sundae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
2. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
3. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
5. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)