|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At the home of her father's relatives.
(b) At Camp Green Hill.
(c) At Camp Karankawa.
(d) At the home of her mother's relatives.
2. Which of the following is the classification of Rocio's boyfriend at the university?
(c) Graduate student.
3. Where does Rocio meet Nita Wembley?
(a) At the registrar's office.
(b) At the beauty shop.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the bus stop.
4. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
(a) Cynthia Serrano.
(b) Beverly Barnes.
(c) Robin Holt.
(d) Arlene Rutschman.
5. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
6. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
(a) For playing a loud radio all of the time.
(b) For having made fun of them at a party.
(c) For getting free medical care in the United States.
(d) For having abandoned a spouse and children.
7. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
(a) A cleaning service.
(b) A clothing alterations service.
(c) A pet sitting service.
(d) A catering service.
8. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(b) Mary Alice.
9. What is the name of the distant relative whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
10. Who is Mr. Trevor?
(a) The head of the drama department at the university.
(b) The Registrar at the university.
(c) The local pharmacist.
(d) The local grocer.
11. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
(d) Look for another job.
12. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
(a) Library assistant.
(b) Church office assistant.
(c) Banana split specialist.
(d) Food worker.
13. What is the name of the illegal citizen whom Rocio meets during the course of her job?
14. Which of the following is associated with Rocio's job at the University?
(a) Her assistanceship.
(b) Federal Work-Study Program.
(c) Her student loan.
(d) Her personal interest.
15. Who is Joseph Pappas?
(a) A young man whom Rocio admires.
(b) One of Rocio's professors.
(c) The postman.
(d) Rocio's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rocio learn to value about herself close to the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
3. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
5. Whom of the following can roll around the floor with ease, and bump into other students?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)