|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
(a) An attempt to meet new neighbors at the local church.
(b) A search for a book published in 1911.
(c) Loss of his nose.
(d) Hunger pangs.
2. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(a) Mary Alice.
3. Who is Mr. Trevor?
(a) The head of the drama department at the university.
(b) The local pharmacist.
(c) The Registrar at the university.
(d) The local grocer.
4. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
(a) She is able to drive.
(b) She is able to cook a five-course meal.
(c) She is able to accentuate all of her physical features.
(d) She is able to perform a triple somersault.
5. What is the name of the illegal citizen whom Rocio meets during the course of her job?
6. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
(c) Physical beauty.
7. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
(a) Banana split specialist.
(b) Food worker.
(c) Church office assistant.
(d) Library assistant.
8. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Tomasa and Noemi.
(b) Marisol and Ana.
(c) Rosario and Erminia.
(d) Carolina and Viola.
9. Which of the following best describes Rocio's view of her job?
10. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
11. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
(a) A desire to to eat a brownie fudge sundae.
(b) Her failure to sign an income-related form.
(c) A car accident.
(d) She had forgotten her address book in her locker there.
12. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
(a) A children's math class.
(b) A children's ballet class.
(c) A children's drama class.
(d) A children's science discovery class.
13. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(b) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(c) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(d) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
14. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
(b) Look for another job.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Go to college.
15. Who is Joseph Pappas?
(a) A young man whom Rocio admires.
(b) The postman.
(c) One of Rocio's professors.
(d) Rocio's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
2. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
3. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
4. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
5. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)