|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
(a) Her failure to sign an income-related form.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A desire to to eat a brownie fudge sundae.
(d) She had forgotten her address book in her locker there.
2. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
(a) An attempt to meet new neighbors at the local church.
(b) Hunger pangs.
(c) A search for a book published in 1911.
(d) Loss of his nose.
4. What does Mr. Smith for a living?
(a) He is a dietitian.
(b) He is a plumber.
(c) He is a TV repairman.
(d) He is a surveyor.
5. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Reading about how changes in life occur.
(b) Her maturity.
(c) Imitating others who differ from her.
(d) Her determination to change.
6. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
7. Which of the following plays do Rocio and her boyfriend attend prior to going to a gala event?
(a) South Pacific.
(b) Don Quixote.
(c) My Fair Lady.
(d) The Crucible.
8. Which of the following does Rocio keep in her apartment that upsets her landlady?
(a) A propane stove.
(b) Aluminum foil in the windows.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hamster.
9. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
(a) At the soda shoppe.
(b) At school.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the church office.
10. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) That she is a beautiful person who does not need to model herself after anyone.
(b) That somehow she has managed to earn the highest grades among her classmates.
(c) That she is growing up and is likely to learn a lot about life along the way.
(d) That her life is just beginning even though she is an adolescent who has lived over a decade.
11. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
12. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
(a) She is able to accentuate all of her physical features.
(b) She is able to drive.
(c) She is able to perform a triple somersault.
(d) She is able to cook a five-course meal.
13. Which of the following is Rocio concerned about while at the gala event following the play?
(a) A persistent toothache.
(b) A piercing neck pain.
(c) Her hands turning blue every now and then.
(d) An intermittent stomach ache.
14. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(b) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(c) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(d) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
15. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
2. Which of the following is associated with Rocio's job at the University?
3. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
4. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
5. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)