|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Rosario and Erminia.
(b) Carolina and Viola.
(c) Marisol and Ana.
(d) Tomasa and Noemi.
2. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
(c) New Mexico.
3. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
4. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Two boys.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Her niece.
5. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the church office.
(c) At school.
(d) At the soda shoppe.
6. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Imitating others who differ from her.
(b) Her maturity.
(c) Her determination to change.
(d) Reading about how changes in life occur.
7. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
8. Which of the following is associated with Rocio's job at the University?
(a) Her student loan.
(b) Her assistanceship.
(c) Federal Work-Study Program.
(d) Her personal interest.
9. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
(a) A children's math class.
(b) A children's drama class.
(c) A children's science discovery class.
(d) A children's ballet class.
10. What does Nita Wembley's husband do for a living?
(a) He is an acountant.
(b) He is a shipwright.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a plumber.
11. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
(a) An attempt to meet new neighbors at the local church.
(b) Hunger pangs.
(c) A search for a book published in 1911.
(d) Loss of his nose.
12. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A desire to to eat a brownie fudge sundae.
(c) She had forgotten her address book in her locker there.
(d) Her failure to sign an income-related form.
13. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
(a) The postage meter.
(b) The snack room refrigerator.
(c) The office supplies area.
(d) The costume room.
14. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
(a) The local beautician.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) The mother of a child whom Rocio knows.
(d) A Justice of the Peace.
15. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
(a) Because she has seen her at the skating rink.
(b) Because her hair looks absolutely perfect.
(c) Because she wears a lot of make-up.
(d) Because she is closer in age to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wealthy family's daughter who inspires Rocio in terms of physical appearance enhancement in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. Which of the following is Rocio's boyfriend?
3. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
4. Where does Rocio normally see Ginita?
5. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)