|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Two boys.
(d) Her niece.
2. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
(a) Mr. Atherton following his brain operation.
(b) Rocio's great uncle.
(c) Mrs. Atherton following an accident.
(d) Rocio's great aunt.
3. What does Nita Wembley's husband do for a living?
(a) He is an acountant.
(b) He is a plumber.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a shipwright.
4. What is the name of Diana's boyfriend?
5. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
6. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(b) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(c) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(d) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
7. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At Camp Green Hill.
(b) At the home of her mother's relatives.
(c) At Camp Karankawa.
(d) At the home of her father's relatives.
8. What is the name of the sweet, young girl in Rocio's class?
(a) Betsy Robin Taylor.
(b) Mary Lou Adams.
(c) Marisol Florence Evans.
(d) Karie Lee Threadgill.
9. Which of the following ailments has afflicted Nita Wembley?
(a) High blood pressure.
(d) Breast cancer.
10. What does Rocio enjoy doing with the distant relative whom she meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Learning new recipes and testing them.
(b) Mowing grass for profit and eating a banana split afterwards.
(c) Playing tennis and drinking lemonade afterwards.
(d) Engaging in conversations and taking long walks.
11. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Write thank you notes.
(b) Catalog books.
(c) Make hot fudge sundaes.
(d) Take blood pressure.
12. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
(c) Music Theory.
(d) American History.
13. Which of the following best describes Mr. Smith?
14. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
15. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) That she is growing up and is likely to learn a lot about life along the way.
(b) That her life is just beginning even though she is an adolescent who has lived over a decade.
(c) That she is a beautiful person who does not need to model herself after anyone.
(d) That somehow she has managed to earn the highest grades among her classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following generates pride in Mr. Smith?
2. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
3. Where does the smoking and pawing of shoulders involving Rocio's distant relative take place as described in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Which of the following plays do Rocio and her boyfriend attend prior to going to a gala event?
5. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)