|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Marisol and Ana.
(b) Carolina and Viola.
(c) Rosario and Erminia.
(d) Tomasa and Noemi.
2. Who is Mr. Trevor?
(a) The Registrar at the university.
(b) The local grocer.
(c) The local pharmacist.
(d) The head of the drama department at the university.
3. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
(a) Because she wears a lot of make-up.
(b) Because she is closer in age to her.
(c) Because her hair looks absolutely perfect.
(d) Because she has seen her at the skating rink.
4. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Two boys.
5. What is the name of the young, handicapped boy in Rocio's class?
6. What does Rocio learn to value about herself close to the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her individuality.
(d) Her physical beauty.
7. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
(a) Poor circulation.
(c) A fever.
(d) Having had a nervous breakdown.
8. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(c) Mary Alice.
9. Which of the following calls Rocio "trash"?
(a) Nita Wembley.
(b) Joseph Pappas.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Mary Lou Adams.
10. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
11. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
(a) She is able to drive.
(b) She is able to accentuate all of her physical features.
(c) She is able to cook a five-course meal.
(d) She is able to perform a triple somersault.
12. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
(a) Beverly Barnes.
(b) Robin Holt.
(c) Cynthia Serrano.
(d) Arlene Rutschman.
13. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
14. Which of the following does Rocio's job entail?
(a) Re-shelving books.
(b) Writing thank you notes.
(c) Distributing menus.
(d) Making banana splits.
15. What is the name of the not too attractive best friend of one of the wealthy family's daughters, who whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
2. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
3. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
4. What is the name of Diana's boyfriend?
5. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)