|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the distant relative whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
2. Which of the following states is Rocio's destination every summer?
3. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Her determination to change.
(b) Imitating others who differ from her.
(c) Her maturity.
(d) Reading about how changes in life occur.
4. What is the name of the sweet, young girl in Rocio's class?
(a) Mary Lou Adams.
(b) Marisol Florence Evans.
(c) Betsy Robin Taylor.
(d) Karie Lee Threadgill.
5. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At the home of her father's relatives.
(b) At Camp Karankawa.
(c) At Camp Green Hill.
(d) At the home of her mother's relatives.
6. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) The death of her great uncle.
(b) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
(c) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
(d) The death of her great aunt.
7. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
8. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
(a) A cleaning service.
(b) A pet sitting service.
(c) A catering service.
(d) A clothing alterations service.
9. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Catalog books.
(b) Write thank you notes.
(c) Take blood pressure.
(d) Make hot fudge sundaes.
10. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
(a) She is able to perform a triple somersault.
(b) She is able to accentuate all of her physical features.
(c) She is able to cook a five-course meal.
(d) She is able to drive.
11. Which of the following generates pride in Mr. Smith?
(a) His fancy sports car.
(b) His menus.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His grandchldren.
12. Which of the following is the classification of Rocio's boyfriend at the university?
(c) Graduate student.
13. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Look for another job.
(b) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Take a vacation.
14. What is the name of the young, handicapped boy in Rocio's class?
15. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
(b) Physical beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
2. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
3. How long is the vacation time that Rocio's co-worker takes?
4. Which of the following ailments has afflicted Nita Wembley?
5. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)