|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Rocio concerned about while at the gala event following the play?
(a) An intermittent stomach ache.
(b) A persistent toothache.
(c) A piercing neck pain.
(d) Her hands turning blue every now and then.
2. What does Nita Wembley's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is an acountant.
(c) He is a judge.
(d) He is a shipwright.
3. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
(b) The death of her great uncle.
(c) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
(d) The death of her great aunt.
4. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
(a) A catering service.
(b) A cleaning service.
(c) A pet sitting service.
(d) A clothing alterations service.
5. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
(c) American History.
(d) Music Theory.
6. What type of subject matter is Rocio studying at the university?
7. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
(a) Because she is closer in age to her.
(b) Because her hair looks absolutely perfect.
(c) Because she has seen her at the skating rink.
(d) Because she wears a lot of make-up.
8. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(b) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(c) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(d) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
9. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
(a) Loss of his nose.
(b) An attempt to meet new neighbors at the local church.
(c) A search for a book published in 1911.
(d) Hunger pangs.
10. What is the name of the young, handicapped boy in Rocio's class?
11. What does Diana lose that troubles Rocio?
(a) Rocio's address book that she had borrowed.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her health.
(d) A gold locket that Rocio had given to her.
12. What is the name of the wealthy family's daughter who inspires Rocio in terms of physical appearance enhancement in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(b) Mary Alice.
13. Which of the following does Rocio's job entail?
(a) Distributing menus.
(b) Making banana splits.
(c) Re-shelving books.
(d) Writing thank you notes.
14. Which of the following best describes Rocio's view of her job?
15. Which of the following best describes the reason that the two women dislike the illegal citizen?
(a) For getting free medical care in the United States.
(b) For having abandoned a spouse and children.
(c) For having made fun of them at a party.
(d) For playing a loud radio all of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ailments has afflicted Nita Wembley?
2. Which of the following is a weekly task that Rocio has to perform while on the job?
3. Which of the following probable factors contributes to Rocio's work hours being increased?
4. Who does Nita Wembley turn out to be?
5. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)