|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rocio keep in her apartment that upsets her landlady?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A propane stove.
(c) Aluminum foil in the windows.
(d) A cat.
2. How old is the distant relative whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
3. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
(a) Cynthia Serrano.
(b) Beverly Barnes.
(c) Arlene Rutschman.
(d) Robin Holt.
4. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
(a) At the church office.
(b) At the library.
(c) At school.
(d) At the soda shoppe.
5. Which of the following positions best describes the job that Rocio accepts?
(a) Food worker.
(b) Banana split specialist.
(c) Church office assistant.
(d) Library assistant.
6. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Tomasa and Noemi.
(b) Carolina and Viola.
(c) Rosario and Erminia.
(d) Marisol and Ana.
7. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
(a) A pet sitting service.
(b) A clothing alterations service.
(c) A catering service.
(d) A cleaning service.
8. Which of the following generates pride in Mr. Smith?
(a) His menus.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His fancy sports car.
(d) His grandchldren.
9. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Two boys.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Her niece.
10. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At the home of her father's relatives.
(b) At Camp Green Hill.
(c) At the home of her mother's relatives.
(d) At Camp Karankawa.
11. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) That her life is just beginning even though she is an adolescent who has lived over a decade.
(b) That somehow she has managed to earn the highest grades among her classmates.
(c) That she is growing up and is likely to learn a lot about life along the way.
(d) That she is a beautiful person who does not need to model herself after anyone.
12. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(b) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
(c) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(d) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
13. Whose name does not come up in Rocio's mind in terms of trying to emulate?
(c) Mary Alice.
14. What is the name of Diana's boyfriend?
15. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
(a) A much sought-after possible rehire.
(b) An unwelcomed guest.
(c) Disinterested in books.
(d) The most popular patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following is Rocio's "evil" professor?
2. Where does the smoking and pawing of shoulders involving Rocio's distant relative take place as described in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
3. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
4. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
5. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)