|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Rocio's view of her job?
2. What is the younger daughter of the wealthy family able to do that impresses Rocio?
(a) She is able to cook a five-course meal.
(b) She is able to drive.
(c) She is able to perform a triple somersault.
(d) She is able to accentuate all of her physical features.
3. What does Rocio plan to do once her job is over?
(a) Volunteer at the local pet shelter.
(b) Look for another job.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Go to college.
4. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Her maturity.
(b) Reading about how changes in life occur.
(c) Imitating others who differ from her.
(d) Her determination to change.
5. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
(a) Music Theory.
(d) American History.
6. Which of the following is Rocio concerned about while at the gala event following the play?
(a) A piercing neck pain.
(b) An intermittent stomach ache.
(c) Her hands turning blue every now and then.
(d) A persistent toothache.
7. Where does Rocio accept a job?
(a) At the public library.
(b) At the soda shoppe.
(c) At the babysitting agency.
(d) At the hospital.
8. How old is the distant relative whom Rocio meets in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
9. Which of the following is Rocio able to see upon her return to her work site?
(a) Medical care from the patient's viewpoint.
(b) Theft being committed by her former co-workers.
(c) Her former co-workers' gross negligence in keeping supplies in order.
(d) Some of her former co-workers spending a lot of time on personal telephone calls.
10. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
(d) New Mexico.
11. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At Camp Karankawa.
(b) At Camp Green Hill.
(c) At the home of her mother's relatives.
(d) At the home of her father's relatives.
12. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
(a) A much sought-after possible rehire.
(b) Disinterested in books.
(c) An unwelcomed guest.
(d) The most popular patient.
13. Where have Rocio and her co-worker crossed paths before?
(a) At the church office.
(b) At the soda shoppe.
(c) At school.
(d) At the library.
14. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) The death of her great uncle.
(b) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
(c) The death of her great aunt.
(d) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
15. What type of service does Rocio later learn that Diana is earning a living from performing?
(a) A pet sitting service.
(b) A cleaning service.
(c) A catering service.
(d) A clothing alterations service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Trevor?
2. Which of the following does Rocio keep in her apartment that upsets her landlady?
3. What does Rocio learn to value about herself close to the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. Where does the smoking and pawing of shoulders involving Rocio's distant relative take place as described in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
5. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)