|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sweet, young girl in Rocio's class?
(a) Marisol Florence Evans.
(b) Mary Lou Adams.
(c) Karie Lee Threadgill.
(d) Betsy Robin Taylor.
2. What is the name of the wealthy family's daughter who inspires Rocio in terms of physical appearance enhancement in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(c) Mary Alice.
3. What are the names of the two women whom Rocio overhears saying unkind things about the illegal citizen?
(a) Marisol and Ana.
(b) Tomasa and Noemi.
(c) Carolina and Viola.
(d) Rosario and Erminia.
4. Which of the following is Rocio in charge of maintaining while on the job?
(a) The snack room refrigerator.
(b) The costume room.
(c) The postage meter.
(d) The office supplies area.
5. Who is Mr. Trevor?
(a) The local grocer.
(b) The Registrar at the university.
(c) The local pharmacist.
(d) The head of the drama department at the university.
6. As an adolescent, what type of values does Rocio believe define a person?
(a) Physical beauty.
7. What does Mr. Smith for a living?
(a) He is a dietitian.
(b) He is a TV repairman.
(c) He is a surveyor.
(d) He is a plumber.
8. What is the name of Rocio's co-worker?
(a) Cynthia Serrano.
(b) Robin Holt.
(c) Arlene Rutschman.
(d) Beverly Barnes.
9. Once at her destination, where does Rocio stay every summer?
(a) At the home of her mother's relatives.
(b) At the home of her father's relatives.
(c) At Camp Karankawa.
(d) At Camp Green Hill.
10. Why has Rocio been more interested in knowing about one of the two wealthy sisters more than in the other?
(a) Because her hair looks absolutely perfect.
(b) Because she has seen her at the skating rink.
(c) Because she wears a lot of make-up.
(d) Because she is closer in age to her.
11. Which of the following probable factors contributes to Rocio's work hours being increased?
(a) Her boss being impressed with Rocio's work quality.
(b) Her co-worker leaving.
(c) Her family's need for additional income.
(d) Her expression of willingness to work more hours.
12. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Write thank you notes.
(b) Catalog books.
(c) Take blood pressure.
(d) Make hot fudge sundaes.
13. Who is Joseph Pappas?
(a) A young man whom Rocio admires.
(b) The postman.
(c) One of Rocio's professors.
(d) Rocio's uncle.
14. What does Diana lose that troubles Rocio?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Rocio's address book that she had borrowed.
(c) A gold locket that Rocio had given to her.
(d) Her health.
15. Which of the following serves as a basis for the changes that Rocio experiences in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) Imitating others who differ from her.
(b) Her determination to change.
(c) Reading about how changes in life occur.
(d) Her maturity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
2. Which of the following does Rocio become upon her return to her former work site?
3. Which of the following is the classification of Rocio's boyfriend at the university?
4. Which of the following does Rocio's friend, Diana, end up raising?
5. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)