|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rocio meet Nita Wembley?
(a) At the bus stop.
(b) At the beauty shop.
(c) At the registrar's office.
(d) At the library.
2. Which of the following subjects does Rocio's "evil" professor teach?
(a) Music Theory.
(c) American History.
3. Which of the following does Rocio's mother believe to be ailing Rocio?
(a) Having had a nervous breakdown.
(b) A fever.
(d) Poor circulation.
4. What state is the residence of Rocio's new acquaintance, Diana?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What is the name of the sweet, young girl in Rocio's class?
(a) Marisol Florence Evans.
(b) Betsy Robin Taylor.
(c) Mary Lou Adams.
(d) Karie Lee Threadgill.
6. What event inspired Rocio not to pursue a career in medicine?
(a) The death of her great aunt.
(b) Her visit to a faith healer at the age of eight (8).
(c) Her six-week stay in the hospital due to hepatitis.
(d) The death of her great uncle.
7. What type of class is Rocio teaching while going to school?
(a) A children's math class.
(b) A children's science discovery class.
(c) A children's drama class.
(d) A children's ballet class.
8. Which of the following procedures does Rocio learn to do in conjunction with her job?
(a) Make hot fudge sundaes.
(b) Catalog books.
(c) Write thank you notes.
(d) Take blood pressure.
9. Which of the following is Rocio concerned about while at the gala event following the play?
(a) A piercing neck pain.
(b) A persistent toothache.
(c) Her hands turning blue every now and then.
(d) An intermittent stomach ache.
10. What happens between Diana and her boyfriend?
(a) They get married.
(b) They decide that they would rather be friends.
(c) They break up.
(d) They lose interest in one another.
11. Which of the following is Rocio's boyfriend?
(a) Clayton Birch.
(b) Robert Jennings.
(c) Daniel Marsh.
(d) Loudon Reily.
12. What does Rocio discover about herself toward the end of the Shooting Stars section of the book?
(a) That somehow she has managed to earn the highest grades among her classmates.
(b) That she is growing up and is likely to learn a lot about life along the way.
(c) That her life is just beginning even though she is an adolescent who has lived over a decade.
(d) That she is a beautiful person who does not need to model herself after anyone.
13. Which of the following causes Rocio to return to her job after it ends?
(a) A desire to to eat a brownie fudge sundae.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Her failure to sign an income-related form.
(d) She had forgotten her address book in her locker there.
14. Where does Rocio carry out her work when her job evolves into a different position?
(a) In library director's office.
(b) In the deacon's office.
(c) In the surgical ward.
(d) In the main store.
15. What does Nita Wembley's husband do for a living?
(a) He is an acountant.
(b) He is a shipwright.
(c) He is a plumber.
(d) He is a judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following incidents has positioned the illegal citizen in Rocio's path?
2. Who played an imaginary piano and returned to a child-like state?
3. What is the surname of the wealthy family that is mentioned in the Shooting Stars section of the book?
4. What does Rocio note that the friend of the wealthy family's daughter does well?
5. Who is Joseph Pappas?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)