Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• Willie Traynor moves to Ford County and buys the local newspaper.
• Willie has just bought the newspaper when Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered.
• Rhonda is a young widow who is followed home by her attacker who kills her with her children watching.
• The police pull over Danny Padgitt who is covered in blood.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• The Padgitt family is secluded on a piece of land known as Padgitt Island and is known for being corrupt.
• Rhonda's children are taken away by their aunt.
• Willie and his photographer go to the police station and get pictures of Danny Padgitt covered in blood.
• Willie and his photographer go to Rhonda's house and get the story from her neighbors.
Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 1, Chapter 6
• Willie prints a story of Rhonda's murder with pictures of the crime scene.
• Willie is threatened with a suit because of his story...
This section contains 2,099 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)