Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
* Willie Traynor moves to Ford County and buys the local newspaper.
* Willie has just bought the newspaper when Rhonda Kassellaw is murdered.
* Rhonda is a young widow who is followed home by her attacker who kills her with her children watching.
* The police pull over Danny Padgitt who is covered in blood.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
* The Padgitt family is secluded on a piece of land known as Padgitt Island and is known for being corrupt.
* Rhonda's children are taken away by their aunt.
* Willie and his photographer go to the police station and get pictures of Danny Padgitt covered in blood.
* Willie and his photographer go to Rhonda's house and get the story from her neighbors.
Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 1, Chapter 6
* Willie prints a story of Rhonda's murder with pictures of the crime scene.
* Willie is threatened with a suit because of his story...
This section contains 1,817 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)