|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) To rebuild his life.
(b) To sell family property and take the money back with him to America.
(c) To rebuild the orphanage.
(d) To save Sohrab from the orphanage.
2. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
(a) Not to give money to the beggars.
(b) Not to remove his beard.
(c) Not to speak.
(d) Not to stare.
3. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(c) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
4. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(b) Rahim Khan.
5. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Rahim Khan's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
2. Who is Hassan's father?
3. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
4. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
5. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
2. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
3. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
4. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
5. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
6. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
7. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
8. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
9. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
10. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)