|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
2. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Amir.
(b) Information about the orphanage.
(c) Information about Kabul.
(d) Information about Baba.
3. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) Education & English.
(b) English & Economics.
(c) History & Education.
(d) English & Math.
4. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) Rahim Khan's apartment.
5. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
(a) Not to stare.
(b) Not to give money to the beggars.
(c) Not to speak.
(d) Not to remove his beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
2. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
3. For what does Amir feel responsible?
4. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
5. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
2. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
3. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
5. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
6. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
7. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
8. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
9. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
10. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)