|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
(b) San Diego.
2. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(d) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
3. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Walking down the street alone in public.
(b) Speaking too loudly in public.
(c) Showing her face in public.
(d) Singing too loudly in public.
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(c) Rahim Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
2. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
3. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
4. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
5. What happens to Hassan's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
2. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
3. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
5. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
6. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
7. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
8. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
9. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
10. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)