|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
(b) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(c) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(d) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
2. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Many have been casualties of the war.
(b) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(c) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(d) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
3. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(d) Rahim Khan's apartment.
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
2. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
4. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
5. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
2. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
3. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
5. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
6. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
7. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
8. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
9. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
10. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)