|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
(a) He asks to think about it for a day or two.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He refuses to leave.
(d) He jumpes for joy.
2. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) At the mosque.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) In the hospital.
3. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He wants the family to like him.
(b) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(c) He sees them as a needy family.
(d) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
4. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In Baba's orphanage.
(c) In Pakistan.
5. What happens to Hassan's first child?
(a) She lives and becomes great friends with her grandmother.
(b) She is stillborn.
(c) The Taliban take her.
(d) She is killed by the Taliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
2. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
3. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
4. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
5. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
3. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
4. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
5. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
6. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
7. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
8. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
9. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
10. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)