|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(a) Rahim Khan.
2. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They were shot by the Taliban.
(b) They are in an orphanage.
(c) They fled to Pakistan.
(d) They were drug from their home and beaten.
3. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) Baba fighting a bear.
(b) The fight with Assef.
(c) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(d) His life in America.
4. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(b) His wealth and prestige.
(c) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(d) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
5. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Showing her face in public.
(b) Speaking too loudly in public.
(c) Singing too loudly in public.
(d) Walking down the street alone in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
2. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
4. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
5. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
2. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
3. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
4. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
5. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
6. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
7. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
8. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
9. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
10. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)