|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(c) Rahim Khan.
2. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) An American couple in Pakistan.
(b) A couple in America.
(c) Amir and his wife.
(d) A Pakistani couple in America.
3. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Rahim Khan.
(c) Kites flying.
(d) A gang of youth chasing a young boy.
4. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
(a) To ensure there is not a riot.
(b) To stone anyone who cheers to loudly.
(c) To whip anyone who cheers to loudly.
(d) To whip anyone rooting for the wrong team.
5. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(b) They are whipped to death.
(c) They are stoned to death.
(d) They are hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
2. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
3. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
4. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
5. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
2. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
3. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
4. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
6. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
7. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
8. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
9. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
10. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)