|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(b) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
(c) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(d) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
2. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
(a) In Baba's House.
(b) In Baba's Orphanage.
(c) In Hassan's mud hut.
(d) In his own house.
3. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A kite tournament.
(b) A field hockey match.
(c) A slingshot tournament.
(d) A soccer match.
4. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(b) His wealth and prestige.
(c) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(d) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
5. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
2. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
3. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
4. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
5. What happens to Hassan's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
2. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
3. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
4. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
5. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
6. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
7. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
8. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
9. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
10. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)