|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(c) Rahim Khan.
2. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Speaking too loudly in public.
(b) Walking down the street alone in public.
(c) Singing too loudly in public.
(d) Showing her face in public.
3. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hotel.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) At the mosque.
(d) In the hospital.
4. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Move back into Baba's house and care for Sohrab.
(b) Get Sohrab from Afghanistan.
(c) Take over the orphanage.
(d) Visit Sohrab in Afghanistan.
5. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
2. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
3. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
4. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
5. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
2. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
3. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
4. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
5. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
6. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
7. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
8. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
9. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
10. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)