|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the man with the sunglasses pledged his alliance to the Taliban?
(a) Because he despises America.
(b) Because he was beaten in prison under the Sohwari.
(c) Because he is a bully and enjoys inflicting pain.
(d) Because he is a Hazara.
2. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) English & Math.
(b) History & Education.
(c) Education & English.
(d) English & Economics.
3. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of his father's religious views.
(b) Because of Amir's childhood.
(c) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
(d) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
4. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) Amir and his wife.
(b) A couple in America.
(c) A Pakistani couple in America.
(d) An American couple in Pakistan.
5. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(b) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
(c) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(d) Many have been casualties of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
2. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
3. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
4. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
5. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
2. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
3. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
4. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
5. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
6. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
7. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
8. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
9. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
10. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)