|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
(a) In Baba's orphanage.
(c) In Pakistan.
(d) In an orphanage.
2. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) The fight with Assef.
(b) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(c) Baba fighting a bear.
(d) His life in America.
3. When does Baba die?
(a) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(c) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(d) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
4. Why has the man with the sunglasses pledged his alliance to the Taliban?
(a) Because he is a Hazara.
(b) Because he is a bully and enjoys inflicting pain.
(c) Because he despises America.
(d) Because he was beaten in prison under the Sohwari.
5. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A field hockey match.
(b) A soccer match.
(c) A slingshot tournament.
(d) A kite tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
2. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
3. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
4. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
5. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
2. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
3. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
4. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
5. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
6. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
7. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
8. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
9. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
10. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)