|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(c) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
2. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) The kite competition.
3. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
4. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(a) Baba's old house.
(b) A coffee shop.
5. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(b) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(c) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
(d) Many have been casualties of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
2. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
3. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
5. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
2. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
3. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
4. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
5. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
6. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
7. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
8. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
9. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
10. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)