|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) To rebuild his life.
(b) To rebuild the orphanage.
(c) To sell family property and take the money back with him to America.
(d) To save Sohrab from the orphanage.
2. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A kite tournament.
(b) A field hockey match.
(c) A soccer match.
(d) A slingshot tournament.
3. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A nice hotel.
(b) A mosque.
(d) The American Embassy.
4. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) The General uses his life savings.
(b) Baba uses his life savings.
(c) Amir uses his life savings.
(d) Soraya uses her life savings.
5. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(b) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(c) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(d) Fight Assef to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
2. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
3. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
4. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
5. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
2. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
3. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
4. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
5. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
6. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
7. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
8. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
9. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
10. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)