|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To find an appropriate disguise.
(b) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(c) To get word to Sohrab.
(d) To have more time to prepare.
2. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(a) The General.
(b) No one.
(c) Amir and Soraya.
3. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(d) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
4. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Speaking too loudly in public.
(b) Singing too loudly in public.
(c) Walking down the street alone in public.
(d) Showing her face in public.
5. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Assef to the death.
(b) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(c) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(d) Pay Assef great sums of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
2. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
3. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
4. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
5. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
2. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
3. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
4. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
5. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
6. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
7. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
8. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
9. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
10. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)