|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) A Pakistani couple in America.
(b) A couple in America.
(c) Amir and his wife.
(d) An American couple in Pakistan.
2. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They fled to Pakistan.
(b) They are in an orphanage.
(c) They were drug from their home and beaten.
(d) They were shot by the Taliban.
3. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(b) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(c) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(d) Fight Assef to the death.
4. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Baba.
(b) Information about the orphanage.
(c) Information about Kabul.
(d) Information about Amir.
5. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
(c) Former government.
(d) Militant factions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
2. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
3. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
4. When does Baba die?
5. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
2. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
3. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
4. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
5. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
6. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
7. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
8. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
9. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
10. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)