|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(b) A mosque.
(c) A nice hotel.
(d) The American Embassy.
2. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(b) Rahim Khan.
3. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
(a) To stone anyone who cheers to loudly.
(b) To whip anyone who cheers to loudly.
(c) To whip anyone rooting for the wrong team.
(d) To ensure there is not a riot.
4. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He sees them as a needy family.
(b) He wants the family to like him.
(c) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(d) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
5. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(b) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(c) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(d) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
3. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
4. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
5. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
2. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
4. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
5. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
6. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
7. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
8. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
9. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
10. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)