|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
(c) The worst rulers.
2. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Baba uses his life savings.
(b) The General uses his life savings.
(c) Soraya uses her life savings.
(d) Amir uses his life savings.
3. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(b) Rahim Khan.
4. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(c) A letter.
(d) A watch.
5. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
3. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
4. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
5. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
2. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
3. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
5. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
6. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
7. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
8. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
9. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
10. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)