|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(b) Rahim Khad.
2. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hotel.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At the mosque.
3. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
(b) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(c) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(d) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(b) They are stoned to death.
(c) They are hung.
(d) They are whipped to death.
5. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(b) Rahim Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
2. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
3. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
4. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
5. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the American couple who was to adopt Sohrab?
2. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
3. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
4. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
5. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
7. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
8. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
9. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
10. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)