|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(b) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
(c) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(d) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
2. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(b) His wealth and prestige.
(c) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(d) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
3. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(b) A letter.
(c) A watch.
4. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
(a) The General's.
(b) Rahim Khan's.
5. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) A gang of youth chasing a young boy.
(c) Rahim Khan.
(d) Kites flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the man with the sunglasses pledged his alliance to the Taliban?
2. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
3. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
4. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
5. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
2. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
5. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
6. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
7. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
8. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
9. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
10. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)