|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(b) Many have been casualties of the war.
(c) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(d) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
2. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) An American couple in Pakistan.
(b) A Pakistani couple in America.
(c) A couple in America.
(d) Amir and his wife.
3. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) The kite competition.
4. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
(a) Writing stories.
(b) A cleft palate.
(d) Playing cards.
5. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(b) Militant factions.
(c) Rahim Kahn.
(d) Former government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
2. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
3. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
4. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
5. When does Baba die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
2. Describe the difference between the motivation for Amir leaving money under Hassan's mattress as a child and leaving it under Farid's family's mattress as an adult.
3. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
4. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
5. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
6. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
7. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
8. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
9. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
10. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)