|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He sees them as a needy family.
(b) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(c) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(d) He wants the family to like him.
2. What happens to Hassan's first child?
(a) She lives and becomes great friends with her grandmother.
(b) She is killed by the Taliban.
(c) She is stillborn.
(d) The Taliban take her.
3. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
4. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
5. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(b) The fight with Assef.
(c) His life in America.
(d) Baba fighting a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
2. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
3. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
5. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
2. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
3. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
4. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
5. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
6. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
7. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
8. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
9. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
10. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)