|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) The kite competition.
2. What do Farid and Amir see on their way to the soccer match in Chapter 21?
(a) A crippled man begging for a new leg.
(b) Sohrab being chased through the streets.
(c) A woman hanging from his father's house.
(d) A body left hanging in the street.
3. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
4. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) He does not believe in adoption.
(b) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
(c) His daughter committed suicide recently.
(d) The process is too complicated.
5. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) Rahim Khad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
2. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
3. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
4. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
5. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
3. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
4. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
5. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
6. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
7. What is the major theme of Chapter 18?
8. What do kites symbolize to Amir, as seen in Chapter 14?
9. Why was Amir so taken with listening to the stories about his mother that the beggar shared in Chapter 20?
10. What changes Hassan's mind about moving back to Kabul with Rahim Kahn?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)