|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Rahim Khan's apartment.
2. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(a) Militant factions.
(b) Rahim Kahn.
(c) Former government.
3. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To have more time to prepare.
(b) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(c) To find an appropriate disguise.
(d) To get word to Sohrab.
4. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of Amir's childhood.
(b) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
(c) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
(d) Because of his father's religious views.
5. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
(a) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
2. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
3. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
4. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
5. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Farzana and Hassan nurse his mother back to health?
2. Why does Sohrab not have to go back to the orphanage in Chapter 24?
3. Explain why Amir comments in Chapter 19 that he feels like a tourist in the country in which he was a child?
4. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
5. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Amir feel is coming between him and Soraya in their marriage?
7. What skill does Soraya's mother have that she has been forbidden to share in public?
8. Why does Amir believe Rahim Kahn knows his secret?
9. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
10. Explain why Farid grabs the orphanage director in Chapter 20.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)