|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(c) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(d) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
2. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
3. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
4. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
5. In which year does this novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
2. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
3. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
4. How many kites are in the tournament?
5. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
2. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
3. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
4. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
5. Who wins the kite tournament?
6. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
7. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
8. When and where did Amir come of age?
9. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
10. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)