|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rahim Kahn want Amir to go in Chapter 1?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
2. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He flees Afghanistan.
(c) He is shot by government officials.
(d) He continues to be a popular singer.
3. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
4. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
(a) What happened to Ali's parents.
(b) The year Baba was born.
(c) The year Ali's parents were killed.
(d) How old Amir was.
5. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
(a) Hassan and Ali.
(b) Ali and Baba.
(c) Amir and Baba.
(d) Hassan and Amir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
2. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
3. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
4. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
5. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
2. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
3. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
4. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
5. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
6. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
7. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
8. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
9. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
10. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)