|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
(b) They discuss what happened in the alley.
(c) They read a favorite story.
(d) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
2. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
(b) Hassan's birthday.
(c) Ali's birthday.
(d) Amir's birthday.
3. What does Assef do to Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Holds him down.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Rapes him.
(d) Takes away the blue kite.
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Which of the following does Amir not wish from his father in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
2. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
3. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
4. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
5. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wins the kite tournament?
2. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
3. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
4. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
5. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
6. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
7. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
8. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
9. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
10. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)