|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
(a) He says nothing is wrong.
(b) He says Amir hurt him.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He was raped.
2. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
(a) He and Hassan escape the violence.
(b) He receives a hug from Ali.
(c) He receives a hug from Baba.
(d) The violence is over.
3. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
4. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(c) Money and the watch.
(d) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
5. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
2. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
3. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
4. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
5. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
2. Who wins the kite tournament?
3. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
4. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
5. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
6. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
7. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
8. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
9. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
10. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)