|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
2. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
3. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
(a) Reselling yard sale items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(b) Writing stories of their homeland.
(c) Buying items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(d) Translating for people shopping at the market.
4. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
5. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
(b) Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Amir make up his first story?
2. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
3. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
5. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
2. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
3. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
4. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
5. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
6. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
7. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
8. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
9. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
10. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)