|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
2. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) When Baba hugs Amir.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) After his surgery.
(d) When Ali dies.
3. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
(a) He was his father's friend.
(b) He was the father of Amir's friend.
(c) He was Amir's father.
(d) He was a long time friend of Amir.
4. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(c) General Taheri.
5. Why did Sanaubar leave?
(a) She was immoral.
(b) Because Hassan was deformed.
(c) She was very religious.
(d) She died in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
2. Who offers support for future writing to Amir?
3. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
4. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
5. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
2. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
3. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
4. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
5. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
6. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
7. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
8. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
9. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
10. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)