|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
2. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
3. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
(b) China doll face.
(d) Slight boy.
4. Hassan is a what?
(a) Sunni Muslim.
5. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Runs down kites.
(b) Eats dirt.
(c) Competes in the tournament.
(d) Goes to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
2. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
3. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
4. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
5. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
2. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
3. Amir goes to Kabul to save Sohrab; however, is this what actually happens?
4. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
5. Describe one example of irony in Chapter 22.
6. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
7. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
8. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
9. With whom does Amir set up a meeting in Chapter 21?
10. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)