Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To be a writer.
(b) To marry a decent man.
(c) To marry an American.
(d) To become a teacher.
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
(a) A three-month break from school.
(b) The kite tournament.
(c) Hassan's loyalty.
(d) Hassan a new home.
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A director of an orphanage.
(b) A nomad.
(c) A successful businessman.
(d) A judge.
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
2. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
3. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
4. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
5. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
2. What happened to the orphanage that Baba built?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
4. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
5. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. What does the note Rahim Khan leaves for Amir in Chapter 23 ask?
8. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
9. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
10. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)