|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A biography of Hitler.
(b) A new kite.
(c) A new notebook.
2. What does Assef do to Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Holds him down.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Takes away the blue kite.
(d) Rapes him.
3. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(d) General Taheri.
4. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(b) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His father's thinking of him as weak.
5. Hassan is a what?
(c) Sunni Muslim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Baba's father die?
2. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
3. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
4. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
5. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
2. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
3. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
4. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
5. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
6. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
7. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
8. Why does Rahim Kahn refuse Amir's offer to take him to America for newer and better treatments for his illness?
9. In Chapter 18, as Amir thinks about his childhood and Baba's attitude toward him, how does Amir feel?
10. How does Sohrab react to the idea of being put back in an orphanage temporarily?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)