|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hassan is a what?
(a) Sunni Muslim.
2. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
3. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
(b) He punishes Amir.
(c) He forgives Ali.
(d) He forgives Hassan.
4. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
5. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Ali's birthday.
(b) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
(c) Amir's birthday.
(d) Hassan's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
2. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
3. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
4. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
5. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
2. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
3. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
4. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
5. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
6. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
7. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
9. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
10. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)