|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(a) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
(d) Money and the watch.
2. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
3. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
4. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
(b) Slight boy.
(c) China doll face.
5. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) Before the shooting.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) After his 12th birthday.
(d) When he is hurt by the hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
2. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
3. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
2. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
3. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
4. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
5. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
6. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
7. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
8. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
9. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
10. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)