|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
2. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(b) San Francisco.
3. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
4. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
(a) Bear Wrestler.
(b) Mr. Success.
(c) Mr. Hurricane.
(d) Rahim Kahn.
5. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
(a) Slight boy.
(d) China doll face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
2. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
3. How many kites are in the tournament?
4. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
5. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
Short Essay Questions
1. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
2. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
3. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
4. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
5. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
6. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
7. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
8. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
9. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
10. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)