|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He fights for Hassan.
(b) He calls them liars.
(c) He slingshots rocks at them.
(d) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
2. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) He flees Afghanistan.
(b) He continues to be a popular singer.
(c) He is shot by government officials.
(d) No one knows.
3. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
(a) To help him win the tournament.
(b) To move into Baba's home.
(d) To eat dirt.
4. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
5. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(a) United Nations.
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
2. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
3. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
2. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
3. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
4. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
5. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
6. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
7. Explain why Amir may have difficulties accepting people who are not able to show success.
8. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
9. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
10. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)