|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(a) General Taheri.
2. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
3. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(b) San Francisco.
4. In what year did Amir come of age?
5. Who narrates this story?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
2. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
3. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
4. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
5. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
2. Discuss why you believe Amir enjoys taunting Hassan when they are young.
3. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
4. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
5. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
6. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
7. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
8. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
9. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
10. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)