|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) A three month break from school.
(b) Religious holidays begin.
(c) The end of the conflict.
(d) The beginning of the school year.
2. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
(b) Slight boy.
(c) China doll face.
3. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(c) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(d) His father's thinking of him as weak.
4. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
(b) He slingshots rocks at them.
(c) He calls them liars.
(d) He fights for Hassan.
5. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) He is shot by government officials.
(b) He continues to be a popular singer.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He flees Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
2. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
3. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
4. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
5. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
2. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
3. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
4. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
5. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
6. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
7. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
8. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
9. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
10. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)