|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
(a) Has dinner with Assef and his family.
(b) Throws him a big party.
(c) Invites over family for a small celebration.
2. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) When he is hurt by the hunters.
(b) After his 12th birthday.
(c) Before the shooting.
(d) After Assef threatens him.
3. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cleft palate.
(c) His ethnicity.
(d) His father.
4. Which season is beginning in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
(a) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
2. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
3. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
5. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
2. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
3. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
4. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
5. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
6. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
7. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
8. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
9. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
10. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)