|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
2. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
3. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Eats dirt.
(c) Runs down kites.
(d) Competes in the tournament.
4. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
(a) A weak boy.
(b) An athlete.
(c) A religious man.
(d) A successful man.
5. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
2. Who narrates this story?
3. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
4. In which year does this novel begin?
5. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
2. Who wins the kite tournament?
3. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
4. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
5. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
6. When and where did Amir come of age?
7. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
8. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
9. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
10. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)