|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(c) Money and the watch.
(d) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
2. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He punishes Amir.
(b) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
(c) He forgives Ali.
(d) He forgives Hassan.
3. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
(a) He was friends to Ali's father.
(b) They were of the same ethnicity and it was mandatory.
(c) His parents were killed.
(d) He bought him to serve as his servant.
4. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Helps him save the blue kite.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
(d) Makes Assef leave.
5. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
2. Who narrates this story?
3. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
4. How many kites are in the tournament?
5. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
2. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
3. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
4. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
5. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
6. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
7. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
8. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
9. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
10. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)