|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
2. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
3. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
(a) Ali and Baba.
(b) Amir and Baba.
(c) Hassan and Amir.
(d) Hassan and Ali.
4. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
(b) He fights for Hassan.
(c) He slingshots rocks at them.
(d) He calls them liars.
5. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His ethnicity.
(b) His cleft palate.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
2. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
3. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
4. What happens to the truck taking Baba, Amir, and other refugees to Pakistan?
5. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
2. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
3. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
4. Why do you think Baba does not describe Ali as his friend?
5. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
6. Explain what the sight of kites flying in the park in Chapter 1 does to Amir.
7. Why is it odd that Hassan smiles more when he has the cleft palate than after it is fixed?
8. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
9. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
10. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)