|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
2. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
3. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
(a) His illiteracy.
(b) Being a servant.
(c) His mother.
(d) Meanings to large words.
4. When does Amir make up his first story?
(a) At his school.
(b) On a trip to the cinema.
(c) At his work.
(d) During a tease of Hassan.
5. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cleft palate.
(d) His ethnicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major does Amir choose in college?
2. Which season is beginning in Chapter 6?
3. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
4. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
5. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
2. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
3. When and where did Amir come of age?
4. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
5. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
6. How does the novel, The Kite Runner, open?
7. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
8. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
9. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
10. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)