|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the truck taking Baba, Amir, and other refugees to Pakistan?
(a) It never leaves Kabul.
(b) The Russians stop it.
(c) It takes them all the way to Pakistan.
(d) It breaks down.
2. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
3. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
(a) Disappointing his father.
(d) Being a weak boy.
4. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
(a) A used car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A college education.
(d) A watch.
5. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) After his surgery.
(b) When Baba hugs Amir.
(c) After Assef threatens him.
(d) When Ali dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
2. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
4. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
5. What does Hassan do at Amir's 13th birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Amir continues to refuse to share the truth about his quest with Farid in Chapter 21?
2. Who wins the kite tournament?
3. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
4. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
5. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
6. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
7. What does Rahim Kahn use to persuade Amir to go and find Sohrab in Chapter 17?
8. In Chapter 17, what does Amir deduce is his relationship with Hassan?
9. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
10. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)