|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) A monster in the lake.
(b) His own death.
(c) A monster in the sky.
(d) A victory in the tournament.
2. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Helps him save the blue kite.
(c) Makes Assef leave.
(d) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
3. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) When Ali dies.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) After his surgery.
(d) When Baba hugs Amir.
4. How did Baba's father die?
(a) Religious persecution.
(b) A war.
(c) A home invasion gone wrong.
(d) A bear fight.
5. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) Religious holidays begin.
(b) The end of the conflict.
(c) The beginning of the school year.
(d) A three month break from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
2. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
3. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
4. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
5. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
2. Why does Kamal's father commit suicide?
3. Explain why you think Hassan never tattles on Amir when caught doing inappropriate things.
4. Describe an example which would support the description of Baba as a gruff man.
5. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
6. What are some differences between Amir and Hassan?
7. Compare Hassan and Amir's relationship to that of their fathers.
8. How does Amir come to realize that Hassan will always be a servant and live in a mud hut?
9. Of the two characters Hassan and Amir, which acts in the more responsible manner? Describe an incidence from Chapter 9 to support your answer.
10. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)