|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Assef do to Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Takes away the blue kite.
(b) Holds him down.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Rapes him.
2. Who offers support for future writing to Amir?
(a) No one.
(c) Rahim Kahn.
3. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A new notebook.
(c) A biography of Hitler.
(d) A new kite.
4. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
(c) First Person.
(d) Third Person.
5. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(b) The duck hunters.
(c) His paternity.
(d) A slingshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
2. When does Hassan stop smiling?
3. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
4. When does Amir make up his first story?
5. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an example of a difference between Amir and Soraya.
2. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
3. Support Amir's decision to hide his love of books and poetry.
4. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
5. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
6. Recall and describe an incidence where Amir demonstrates true caring for Hassan.
7. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
8. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
9. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
10. What type of affection does Baba show Amir after the attack in Chapter 5?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)