|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
2. In which year does this novel begin?
3. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
4. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(b) A biography of Hitler.
(c) A new kite.
(d) A new notebook.
5. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(b) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(c) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(d) To share tales of their adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
2. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
3. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
4. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
5. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how theft is the only true sin to Baba.
2. How does Baba guess that Amir has romantic feelings for Soraya?
3. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
4. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
5. What does Hassan's face remind Amir of as the boys in the alley hold him down?
6. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
7. Judge Amir's ability to write, using examples from Chapter 2.
8. Why do you believe Baba refuses medical treatment?
9. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
10. How do you think Amir feels when Hassan defends him from Assef with the slingshot?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)