|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(b) The duck hunters.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) His paternity.
2. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
(b) Ali confesses to stealing them.
(c) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(d) Baba fires Ali.
3. Hassan is a what?
(d) Sunni Muslim.
4. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
5. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
(a) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
2. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
3. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
4. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
5. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amir hide some of the presents from his birthday under Hassan's mattress?
2. Describe what leads the past being brought to the front of Amir's mind in Chapter 1.
3. What happens in Jalalabad after the truck breaks down?
4. How do you believe Amir felt having Hassan point out the plot hole in his first short story?
5. What happens to lessen some of the joy Amir feels upon his high school graduation?
6. How do Hassan and Amir react after the shooting in Chapter 5?
7. What is one of the few activities that both Amir and Baba share as children?
8. What in Chapter 8 causes Amir and Baba's relationship to fade?
9. Describe an ironic situation that occurs in Chapter 8.
10. Who wins the kite tournament?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)