|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
(a) His watch.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some money.
(d) A novel he wrote.
2. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
3. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To have more time to prepare.
(b) To get word to Sohrab.
(c) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(d) To find an appropriate disguise.
4. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He sees them as a needy family.
(b) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(c) He wants the family to like him.
(d) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
5. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(d) Rahim Khan.
6. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
7. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of his father's religious views.
(b) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
(c) Because of Amir's childhood.
(d) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
8. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
9. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Assef and the fight.
(c) His father, Baba's scars.
(d) Hassan's cleft palate.
10. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(b) A coffee shop.
(d) Baba's old house.
11. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A nice hotel.
(b) The American Embassy.
(d) A mosque.
12. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(b) Fight Assef to the death.
(c) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(d) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
13. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Many have been casualties of the war.
(b) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(c) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(d) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
15. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(b) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(c) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(d) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
2. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
3. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
4. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
5. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)