|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He sees them as a needy family.
(b) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(c) He wants the family to like him.
(d) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
2. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(c) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
3. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) English & Economics.
(b) Education & English.
(c) English & Math.
(d) History & Education.
4. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) His daughter committed suicide recently.
(b) The process is too complicated.
(c) He does not believe in adoption.
(d) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
5. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Amir uses his life savings.
(b) The General uses his life savings.
(c) Soraya uses her life savings.
(d) Baba uses his life savings.
6. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) Rahim Khad.
7. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) At the mosque.
8. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
9. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(b) They are whipped to death.
(c) They are stoned to death.
(d) They are hung.
10. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(a) The General.
(c) Amir and Soraya.
(d) No one.
11. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
12. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
(b) It was Taliban headquarters.
(c) It died.
(d) It was cut down and used for wood.
13. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
14. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(c) Rahim Khan.
15. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) Rahim Khan's illness.
(c) Hassan's life.
(d) The destruction of the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
2. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
3. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
4. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
5. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)