|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
(b) He does not believe in adoption.
(c) The process is too complicated.
(d) His daughter committed suicide recently.
2. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he requested it.
(b) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
(c) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
(d) Because Amir is ill.
3. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To get word to Sohrab.
(b) To find an appropriate disguise.
(c) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(d) To have more time to prepare.
4. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At the mosque.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) On a picnic.
5. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
(b) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
(c) Many have been casualties of the war.
(d) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
6. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They are in an orphanage.
(b) They fled to Pakistan.
(c) They were drug from their home and beaten.
(d) They were shot by the Taliban.
7. Where does Amir offer to take Rahim Kahn in Chapter 15?
8. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Amir.
(b) Information about Kabul.
(c) Information about Baba.
(d) Information about the orphanage.
9. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
(a) Some money.
(b) Some food.
(c) A novel he wrote.
(d) His watch.
10. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(b) The General.
(c) Amir and Soraya.
(d) No one.
11. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
(a) Kites flying.
(b) A gang of youth chasing a young boy.
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) Rahim Khan.
12. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Rahim Khan's apartment.
13. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(b) A letter.
(d) A watch.
14. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(b) His wealth and prestige.
(c) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(d) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
15. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(b) A nice hotel.
(c) The American Embassy.
(d) A mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
2. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
3. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
4. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
5. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)