|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) The kite competition.
2. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
(b) San Diego.
3. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) The process is too complicated.
(b) He does not believe in adoption.
(c) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
(d) His daughter committed suicide recently.
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) They are hung.
(b) They are stoned to death.
(c) They are whipped to death.
(d) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
5. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) Rahim Khan's apartment.
6. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Writing stories.
(d) A cleft palate.
7. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
(a) A traditional muslim couple standing beside each other.
(b) A naked couple in an intimate embrace.
(c) A fully dressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(d) A partially undressed couple in an intimate embrace.
8. What do Farid and Amir see on their way to the soccer match in Chapter 21?
(a) A body left hanging in the street.
(b) Sohrab being chased through the streets.
(c) A woman hanging from his father's house.
(d) A crippled man begging for a new leg.
9. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Kabul.
(b) Information about Amir.
(c) Information about Baba.
(d) Information about the orphanage.
10. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) An American business man.
(b) A fake beard alone.
(c) Traditional Muslim dress.
(d) He wears no disguise.
11. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(b) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
(c) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(d) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
12. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
(a) The worst rulers.
13. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
(a) The General's.
(b) Rahim Khan's.
14. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(b) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(c) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(d) Fight Assef to the death.
15. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
2. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
3. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
4. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
5. What happens to Hassan's first child?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)