|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(b) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(c) He sees them as a needy family.
(d) He wants the family to like him.
2. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
3. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He is too ill and short of breath.
(b) He is not happy about the engagement.
(c) He does not want to make a speech.
(d) The General stops him.
4. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
(b) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
(c) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(d) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
5. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(d) Rahim Khan's apartment.
6. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) The fight with Assef.
(b) His life in America.
(c) Baba fighting a bear.
(d) Assef's attack on Hassan.
7. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. When does Baba die?
(a) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(b) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(c) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
9. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
10. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
11. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
(b) It was Taliban headquarters.
(c) It was cut down and used for wood.
(d) It died.
12. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
(a) He asks to think about it for a day or two.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He refuses to leave.
(d) He jumpes for joy.
13. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(b) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(c) His wealth and prestige.
(d) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
14. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
(a) The Taliban destroyed them.
(b) The poor burned them for firewood.
(c) They were bombed and destroyed.
(d) The poor cut them down to build orphanages.
15. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
(a) Not to stare.
(b) Not to remove his beard.
(c) Not to speak.
(d) Not to give money to the beggars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
2. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
3. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
4. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
5. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)