|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Showing her face in public.
(b) Speaking too loudly in public.
(c) Walking down the street alone in public.
(d) Singing too loudly in public.
2. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
(b) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(c) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(d) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
3. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) A couple in America.
(b) A Pakistani couple in America.
(c) An American couple in Pakistan.
(d) Amir and his wife.
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) They are hung.
(b) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(c) They are stoned to death.
(d) They are whipped to death.
5. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
6. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
(a) He asks to think about it for a day or two.
(b) He refuses to leave.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He jumpes for joy.
7. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
(a) To ensure there is not a riot.
(b) To stone anyone who cheers to loudly.
(c) To whip anyone who cheers to loudly.
(d) To whip anyone rooting for the wrong team.
8. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(b) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(c) His wealth and prestige.
(d) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
9. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(d) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
10. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(b) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(c) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
(d) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
11. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
(a) A naked couple in an intimate embrace.
(b) A traditional muslim couple standing beside each other.
(c) A fully dressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(d) A partially undressed couple in an intimate embrace.
12. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hotel.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) On a picnic.
(d) At the mosque.
13. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
14. Who is Hassan's father?
(b) Rahim Khan.
15. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They were drug from their home and beaten.
(b) They were shot by the Taliban.
(c) They are in an orphanage.
(d) They fled to Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hassan's first child?
2. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
3. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
4. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
5. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)