|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(a) Militant factions.
(b) Rahim Kahn.
(c) Former government.
2. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
(b) It died.
(c) It was Taliban headquarters.
(d) It was cut down and used for wood.
3. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
(a) In Baba's House.
(b) In his own house.
(c) In Baba's Orphanage.
(d) In Hassan's mud hut.
4. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He does not want to make a speech.
(b) He is not happy about the engagement.
(c) The General stops him.
(d) He is too ill and short of breath.
5. Who is Hassan's father?
(d) Rahim Khan.
6. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Amir.
(b) Information about the orphanage.
(c) Information about Kabul.
(d) Information about Baba.
7. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) At the mosque.
(d) In the hotel.
8. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They were drug from their home and beaten.
(b) They were shot by the Taliban.
(c) They are in an orphanage.
(d) They fled to Pakistan.
9. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(b) Rahim Khan.
10. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(b) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(c) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(d) His wealth and prestige.
11. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(b) Rahim Khad.
12. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(b) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(c) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(d) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
13. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
(a) The Taliban destroyed them.
(b) They were bombed and destroyed.
(c) The poor burned them for firewood.
(d) The poor cut them down to build orphanages.
14. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) The fight with Assef.
(b) Baba fighting a bear.
(c) His life in America.
(d) Assef's attack on Hassan.
15. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His father, Baba's scars.
(c) Assef and the fight.
(d) Hassan's cleft palate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
2. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
3. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
4. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
5. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)