|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(b) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(c) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(d) Fight Assef to the death.
2. Who is Hassan's father?
(a) Rahim Khan.
3. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Amir uses his life savings.
(b) Baba uses his life savings.
(c) Soraya uses her life savings.
(d) The General uses his life savings.
4. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) At the mosque.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In the hotel.
5. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) Rahim Khan's illness.
(c) Hassan's life.
(d) The destruction of the orphanage.
6. What happens to Hassan's first child?
(a) She lives and becomes great friends with her grandmother.
(b) She is stillborn.
(c) She is killed by the Taliban.
(d) The Taliban take her.
7. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
(a) Rahim Khan.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Kites flying.
(d) A gang of youth chasing a young boy.
8. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
9. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) The fight with Assef.
(b) Baba fighting a bear.
(c) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(d) His life in America.
10. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
(a) In Pakistan.
(b) In an orphanage.
(d) In Baba's orphanage.
11. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(d) Rahim Khan's apartment.
12. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
13. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) English & Math.
(b) Education & English.
(c) English & Economics.
(d) History & Education.
14. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(a) A coffee shop.
(d) Baba's old house.
15. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
(a) The poor burned them for firewood.
(b) They were bombed and destroyed.
(c) The poor cut them down to build orphanages.
(d) The Taliban destroyed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
2. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
3. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
4. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
5. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)