|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Kite tournaments.
(b) Reading under the tree.
(c) Telling of ancient legends.
(d) Shopping at the market.
2. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) He does not believe in adoption.
(b) The process is too complicated.
(c) His daughter committed suicide recently.
(d) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
3. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
(a) Not to stare.
(b) Not to remove his beard.
(c) Not to speak.
(d) Not to give money to the beggars.
4. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
5. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
(b) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
(c) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(d) Her brother, who works for the INS.
6. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(a) A watch.
(d) A letter.
7. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(b) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
(c) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
(d) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
8. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of Amir's childhood.
(b) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
(c) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
(d) Because of his father's religious views.
9. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
(a) Sohrab hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(b) Amir hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(c) Amir punishes him with the brass knuckles.
(d) Sohrab punishes him using the brass knuckles.
10. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
11. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(b) Baba's old house.
(c) A coffee shop.
12. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
(c) San Diego.
13. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(b) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
(c) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
(d) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
14. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) To rebuild his life.
(b) To rebuild the orphanage.
(c) To save Sohrab from the orphanage.
(d) To sell family property and take the money back with him to America.
15. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It died.
(b) It was Taliban headquarters.
(c) It was cut down and used for wood.
(d) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Farid and Amir see on their way to the soccer match in Chapter 21?
2. For what does Amir feel responsible?
3. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
4. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
5. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)