|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(a) No one.
(c) Amir and Soraya.
(d) The General.
2. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) The process is too complicated.
(b) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
(c) His daughter committed suicide recently.
(d) He does not believe in adoption.
3. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Kite tournaments.
(b) Telling of ancient legends.
(c) Reading under the tree.
(d) Shopping at the market.
4. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To get word to Sohrab.
(b) To have more time to prepare.
(c) To find an appropriate disguise.
(d) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
5. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) To sell family property and take the money back with him to America.
(b) To save Sohrab from the orphanage.
(c) To rebuild the orphanage.
(d) To rebuild his life.
6. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
(b) Because Amir is ill.
(c) Because he requested it.
(d) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
7. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
(a) He jumpes for joy.
(b) He asks to think about it for a day or two.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He refuses to leave.
8. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(b) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(c) His wealth and prestige.
(d) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
9. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
(b) A cleft palate.
(c) Writing stories.
(d) Playing cards.
10. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He does not want to make a speech.
(b) The General stops him.
(c) He is not happy about the engagement.
(d) He is too ill and short of breath.
11. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
12. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
(c) Rahim Khan's.
(d) The General's.
13. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about the orphanage.
(b) Information about Kabul.
(c) Information about Amir.
(d) Information about Baba.
14. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(b) A watch.
(d) A letter.
15. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
2. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
3. Who is Hassan's father?
4. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
5. For what does Amir feel responsible?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)