|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In Baba's orphanage.
(c) In Pakistan.
2. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(d) Rahim Khad.
3. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) The fight with Assef.
(b) Baba fighting a bear.
(c) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(d) His life in America.
4. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(b) Militant factions.
(c) Former government.
(d) Rahim Kahn.
5. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A field hockey match.
(b) A kite tournament.
(c) A slingshot tournament.
(d) A soccer match.
6. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
(b) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
(c) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(d) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
7. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) The destruction of the orphanage.
(c) Rahim Khan's illness.
(d) Hassan's life.
8. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
(a) A novel he wrote.
(b) Some food.
(c) His watch.
(d) Some money.
9. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) Baba's old house.
10. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
(a) A partially undressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(b) A naked couple in an intimate embrace.
(c) A traditional muslim couple standing beside each other.
(d) A fully dressed couple in an intimate embrace.
11. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It died.
(b) It was Taliban headquarters.
(c) It was cut down and used for wood.
(d) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
12. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
13. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
(a) Due to college starting.
(b) Due to Baba's illness.
(c) Due to financial matters.
(d) Due to Soraya's past indiscretions.
14. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
15. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
2. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
3. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
4. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
5. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)