|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Kite tournaments.
(b) Reading under the tree.
(c) Shopping at the market.
(d) Telling of ancient legends.
2. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Visit Sohrab in Afghanistan.
(b) Take over the orphanage.
(c) Get Sohrab from Afghanistan.
(d) Move back into Baba's house and care for Sohrab.
3. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Showing her face in public.
(b) Singing too loudly in public.
(c) Speaking too loudly in public.
(d) Walking down the street alone in public.
4. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) Hassan's life.
(c) The destruction of the orphanage.
(d) Rahim Khan's illness.
5. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
(b) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(c) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
(d) Her brother, who works for the INS.
6. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Pay Assef great sums of money.
(b) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(c) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(d) Fight Assef to the death.
7. Why does the man at the American Embassy seem depressed and encourage Amir to give up?
(a) He does not believe in adoption.
(b) The process is too complicated.
(c) His daughter committed suicide recently.
(d) Sohrab is too old to be adopted.
8. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(c) Rahim Khan.
9. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(a) The General.
(c) No one.
(d) Amir and Soraya.
10. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) He wears no disguise.
(b) An American business man.
(c) Traditional Muslim dress.
(d) A fake beard alone.
11. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To find an appropriate disguise.
(b) To get word to Sohrab.
(c) To have more time to prepare.
(d) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
12. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(b) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(c) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(d) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
13. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
(a) Due to Baba's illness.
(b) Due to college starting.
(c) Due to financial matters.
(d) Due to Soraya's past indiscretions.
14. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
15. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
(a) A letter.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
2. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
3. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
4. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
5. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)