|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(c) Rahim Khan.
2. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
(b) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
(c) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(d) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
3. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(b) He wants the family to like him.
(c) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(d) He sees them as a needy family.
4. What happens to Hassan's first child?
(a) She is killed by the Taliban.
(b) She lives and becomes great friends with her grandmother.
(c) She is stillborn.
(d) The Taliban take her.
5. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(d) Rahim Khan's apartment.
6. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(c) Rahim Khan.
7. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
(a) Due to Baba's illness.
(b) Due to Soraya's past indiscretions.
(c) Due to college starting.
(d) Due to financial matters.
8. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
9. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
(a) A partially undressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(b) A naked couple in an intimate embrace.
(c) A fully dressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(d) A traditional muslim couple standing beside each other.
10. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Singing too loudly in public.
(b) Speaking too loudly in public.
(c) Showing her face in public.
(d) Walking down the street alone in public.
11. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) A fake beard alone.
(b) Traditional Muslim dress.
(c) He wears no disguise.
(d) An American business man.
12. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To get word to Sohrab.
(b) To have more time to prepare.
(c) To find an appropriate disguise.
(d) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
13. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
(d) The worst rulers.
14. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
15. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A soccer match.
(b) A slingshot tournament.
(c) A kite tournament.
(d) A field hockey match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
2. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
3. When does Baba die?
4. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
5. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)