|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(b) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
(c) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
(d) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
2. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) His life in America.
(b) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(c) Baba fighting a bear.
(d) The fight with Assef.
3. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He is not happy about the engagement.
(b) He does not want to make a speech.
(c) The General stops him.
(d) He is too ill and short of breath.
4. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
(a) Sohrab hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(b) Amir punishes him with the brass knuckles.
(c) Amir hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(d) Sohrab punishes him using the brass knuckles.
5. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
6. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
7. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(d) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
8. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
9. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
11. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Kite tournaments.
(b) Shopping at the market.
(c) Telling of ancient legends.
(d) Reading under the tree.
12. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) A Pakistani couple in America.
(b) Amir and his wife.
(c) An American couple in Pakistan.
(d) A couple in America.
13. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(a) Rahim Khan.
14. Why does Amir not see more adult males in the streets of Kabul in Chapter 20?
(a) Many have been casualties of the war.
(b) Most of the men are Taliban and on patrol.
(c) Men are at work and not able to walk the streets.
(d) Men are not allowed to walk the streets.
15. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
2. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
3. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
4. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
5. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)