|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) The destruction of the orphanage.
(b) Baba's death.
(c) Rahim Khan's illness.
(d) Hassan's life.
2. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(d) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
3. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Move back into Baba's house and care for Sohrab.
(b) Visit Sohrab in Afghanistan.
(c) Take over the orphanage.
(d) Get Sohrab from Afghanistan.
4. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
5. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(b) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(c) His wealth and prestige.
(d) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
6. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
(c) Rahim Khan.
7. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
(a) Militant factions.
(c) Rahim Kahn.
(d) Former government.
8. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
9. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) They are whipped to death.
(b) They are stoned to death.
(c) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(d) They are hung.
10. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) The kite competition.
11. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Baba uses his life savings.
(b) The General uses his life savings.
(c) Soraya uses her life savings.
(d) Amir uses his life savings.
12. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Singing too loudly in public.
(b) Showing her face in public.
(c) Speaking too loudly in public.
(d) Walking down the street alone in public.
13. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Reading under the tree.
(b) Shopping at the market.
(c) Telling of ancient legends.
(d) Kite tournaments.
14. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
(a) Amir punishes him with the brass knuckles.
(b) Amir hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(c) Sohrab hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(d) Sohrab punishes him using the brass knuckles.
15. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) Education & English.
(b) English & Math.
(c) History & Education.
(d) English & Economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
3. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
4. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
5. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)