|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Farid assume Amir has come to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) To rebuild his life.
(b) To sell family property and take the money back with him to America.
(c) To save Sohrab from the orphanage.
(d) To rebuild the orphanage.
2. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
3. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
4. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) The General stops him.
(b) He is not happy about the engagement.
(c) He is too ill and short of breath.
(d) He does not want to make a speech.
5. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Soraya uses her life savings.
(b) Amir uses his life savings.
(c) Baba uses his life savings.
(d) The General uses his life savings.
6. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(b) To have more time to prepare.
(c) To find an appropriate disguise.
(d) To get word to Sohrab.
7. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the hotel.
(c) At the mosque.
(d) On a picnic.
8. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
9. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
(a) In his own house.
(b) In Baba's House.
(c) In Hassan's mud hut.
(d) In Baba's Orphanage.
10. What does Amir dream of at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) The kite competition.
11. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(c) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(d) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
12. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(d) Rahim Khad.
13. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
(a) A cleft palate.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Writing stories.
14. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Showing her face in public.
(b) Singing too loudly in public.
(c) Speaking too loudly in public.
(d) Walking down the street alone in public.
15. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
2. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
3. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
4. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
5. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)