|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(b) Rahim Khad.
2. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) A Pakistani couple in America.
(b) A couple in America.
(c) Amir and his wife.
(d) An American couple in Pakistan.
3. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(b) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
(c) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(d) His wealth and prestige.
4. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He is too ill and short of breath.
(b) He does not want to make a speech.
(c) The General stops him.
(d) He is not happy about the engagement.
5. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(c) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
6. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
(a) Due to Soraya's past indiscretions.
(b) Due to Baba's illness.
(c) Due to college starting.
(d) Due to financial matters.
7. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
8. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) At the mosque.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In the hotel.
9. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
(a) He sees them as a needy family.
(b) He is noble and gifts of watches show nobility.
(c) He feels guilty about leaving his watch under Hassan's mattress.
(d) He wants the family to like him.
10. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(b) The fight with Assef.
(c) Baba fighting a bear.
(d) His life in America.
11. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) Rahim Khan's illness.
(c) The destruction of the orphanage.
(d) Hassan's life.
12. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) An American business man.
(b) He wears no disguise.
(c) A fake beard alone.
(d) Traditional Muslim dress.
13. Who left town while Amir was in the hospital?
(c) Rahim Khan.
14. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(b) A nice hotel.
(c) The American Embassy.
(d) A mosque.
15. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Telling of ancient legends.
(b) Reading under the tree.
(c) Kite tournaments.
(d) Shopping at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
2. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
3. How long have Soraya and Amir been married in Chapter 14?
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
5. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)