|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) A couple in America.
(b) An American couple in Pakistan.
(c) Amir and his wife.
(d) A Pakistani couple in America.
2. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
(a) The General's.
(b) Rahim Khan's.
3. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It was cut down and used for wood.
(b) It died.
(c) It was Taliban headquarters.
(d) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
4. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Amir uses his life savings.
(b) Soraya uses her life savings.
(c) The General uses his life savings.
(d) Baba uses his life savings.
5. During his recovery in Chapter 23, what does Amir dream?
(a) Baba fighting a bear.
(b) His life in America.
(c) Assef's attack on Hassan.
(d) The fight with Assef.
6. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(a) Baba's old house.
(c) A coffee shop.
7. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(b) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(c) Fight Assef to the death.
(d) Pay Assef great sums of money.
8. What style of literary expression does Amir often use to describe his reunion with Rahim Khan?
9. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
(a) Not to stare.
(b) Not to give money to the beggars.
(c) Not to speak.
(d) Not to remove his beard.
10. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They were shot by the Taliban.
(b) They fled to Pakistan.
(c) They are in an orphanage.
(d) They were drug from their home and beaten.
11. Of what does the man with the sunglasses brag?
(a) The Hazara Massacre in 1998.
(b) His wealth and prestige.
(c) Hanging men in public and leaving their bodies on display.
(d) Stoning the couple during the soccer match.
12. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(b) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
(c) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(d) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
13. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) The General stops him.
(b) He is too ill and short of breath.
(c) He is not happy about the engagement.
(d) He does not want to make a speech.
14. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he requested it.
(b) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
(c) Because Amir is ill.
(d) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
15. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
(a) His watch.
(b) A novel he wrote.
(c) Some food.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
2. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
3. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
4. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
5. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)