|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the respective majors of Soraya and Amir in college?
(a) Education & English.
(b) English & Math.
(c) History & Education.
(d) English & Economics.
2. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Showing her face in public.
(b) Singing too loudly in public.
(c) Walking down the street alone in public.
(d) Speaking too loudly in public.
3. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(b) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(c) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
(d) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
4. What is Sohrab amazed to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A nice hotel.
(b) A mosque.
(c) The American Embassy.
5. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
6. What do Farid and Amir see on their way to the soccer match in Chapter 21?
(a) A crippled man begging for a new leg.
(b) A woman hanging from his father's house.
(c) A body left hanging in the street.
(d) Sohrab being chased through the streets.
7. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) An American couple in Pakistan.
(b) A Pakistani couple in America.
(c) A couple in America.
(d) Amir and his wife.
8. At first, the people of Afghanistan viewed the Taliban as what?
(d) The worst rulers.
9. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
10. Who throws the engagement party for Amir and Soraya?
(a) The General.
(b) Amir and Soraya.
(d) No one.
11. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
(a) They were bombed and destroyed.
(b) The poor burned them for firewood.
(c) The Taliban destroyed them.
(d) The poor cut them down to build orphanages.
12. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
(a) Hassan's cleft palate.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His father, Baba's scars.
(d) Assef and the fight.
13. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of his father's religious views.
(b) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
(c) Because of Amir's childhood.
(d) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
14. What is the name of Hassan's wife?
15. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Rahim Khan's illness.
(b) Hassan's life.
(c) The destruction of the orphanage.
(d) Baba's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
2. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
3. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
4. Who/what divided Kabul into sections?
5. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)