|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Amir feel responsible?
(a) Baba's death.
(b) Hassan's life.
(c) Rahim Khan's illness.
(d) The destruction of the orphanage.
2. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(d) Rahim Khan's apartment.
4. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about Baba.
(b) Information about Amir.
(c) Information about the orphanage.
(d) Information about Kabul.
5. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
6. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because Amir is ill.
(b) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
(c) Because he requested it.
(d) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
7. Who is Amir's guide on his journey back to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(c) Rahim Khad.
8. In Chapter 17, who does Rahim Kahn say will care for Sohrab?
(a) Amir and his wife.
(b) A Pakistani couple in America.
(c) A couple in America.
(d) An American couple in Pakistan.
9. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) They are stoned to death.
(b) They are whipped to death.
(c) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(d) They are hung.
10. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(b) Baba's old house.
(c) A coffee shop.
11. How is the man with the sunglasses beaten in the end?
(a) Amir punishes him with the brass knuckles.
(b) Sohrab hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(c) Amir hits him in the eye with a brass ball from his slingshot.
(d) Sohrab punishes him using the brass knuckles.
12. When Amir goes for a walk in Chapter 14, what does he see that makes him remember his childhood?
(a) Rahim Khan.
(b) A gang of youth chasing a young boy.
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) Kites flying.
13. Who lived with Rahim Kahn for 10 years?
14. What does Farid leave under a mattress in Farid's home?
(a) His watch.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some money.
(d) A novel he wrote.
15. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) In the hotel.
(d) At the mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
2. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
3. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
4. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
5. What does Farid warn Amir not to do after he meets his first Taliban officers?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)