|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of the sexy pictures being sold outside of the soccer stadium?
(a) A naked couple in an intimate embrace.
(b) A partially undressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(c) A fully dressed couple in an intimate embrace.
(d) A traditional muslim couple standing beside each other.
2. Why is Baba's speech at Amir's engagement party not more impressive?
(a) He is not happy about the engagement.
(b) He is too ill and short of breath.
(c) He does not want to make a speech.
(d) The General stops him.
3. What did Hassan's wife do that lead to a beating by Taliban officials?
(a) Singing too loudly in public.
(b) Walking down the street alone in public.
(c) Showing her face in public.
(d) Speaking too loudly in public.
4. Why does Rahim Khan want Amir to wait a little longer before beginning his journey in Chapter 19?
(a) To get word to Sohrab.
(b) To be able to sneak across with alerting the Taliban.
(c) To find an appropriate disguise.
(d) To have more time to prepare.
5. Who is Hassan's father?
(d) Rahim Khan.
6. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
7. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he requested it.
(b) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
(c) Because Amir is ill.
(d) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
8. Where does Amir decide to go at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) Rahim Khan's apartment.
9. Where does Amir go after leaving Rahim Khan to think about his choices in Chapter 18?
(c) Baba's old house.
(d) A coffee shop.
10. What does Hassan often do with his son before it was outlawed?
(a) Telling of ancient legends.
(b) Kite tournaments.
(c) Shopping at the market.
(d) Reading under the tree.
11. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(a) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
12. Whose phone call makes Amir agitated?
(b) The General's.
(d) Rahim Khan's.
13. What does Amir eat as he waits for the man with sunglasses in Chapter 22?
14. What does Amir find he has in common with Sohrab?
(b) A cleft palate.
(c) Writing stories.
(d) Playing cards.
15. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
(a) They were drug from their home and beaten.
(b) They fled to Pakistan.
(c) They are in an orphanage.
(d) They were shot by the Taliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
2. Why does Amir give Farid's son his watch?
3. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
4. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
5. Why has the man with the sunglasses pledged his alliance to the Taliban?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)