|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the director tell Amir he might find Sohrab?
(a) A slingshot tournament.
(b) A field hockey match.
(c) A kite tournament.
(d) A soccer match.
2. What does Rahim Kahn want Amir to do in Chapter 17?
(a) Move back into Baba's house and care for Sohrab.
(b) Take over the orphanage.
(c) Visit Sohrab in Afghanistan.
(d) Get Sohrab from Afghanistan.
3. How does Amir's wife react to hearing the entire truth about Amir's childhood?
4. Where do Farid, Amir and Sohrab travel?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
5. Who is the man with the sunglasses?
6. What is the first thing Hassan wants to know upon meeting with Rahim Kahn again?
(a) Information about the orphanage.
(b) Information about Baba.
(c) Information about Kabul.
(d) Information about Amir.
7. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
(b) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(c) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
(d) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
8. Why does Amir have a hard time believing the truth about his father?
(a) Because of his father's religious views.
(b) Because of Hassan's ethnicity.
(c) Because of his father's view of dishonesty.
(d) Because of Amir's childhood.
9. In what disguise does Amir travel to Afghanistan in Chapter 19?
(a) An American business man.
(b) A fake beard alone.
(c) He wears no disguise.
(d) Traditional Muslim dress.
10. When Amir first asks Sohrab to come with him to America, how does Sohrab respond?
(a) He jumpes for joy.
(b) He refuses to leave.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He asks to think about it for a day or two.
11. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
(b) Because he requested it.
(c) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
(d) Because Amir is ill.
12. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
(a) Assef and the fight.
(b) His father, Baba's scars.
(c) Hassan's cleft palate.
(d) His mother's death.
13. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(b) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
(c) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(d) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
14. What affinity does Sohrab have that helped Amir begin to track him down in Chapter 20?
15. Where is Sohrab in Chapter 17?
(a) In Baba's orphanage.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Who does Amir believe committed a sin?
2. Why has the man with the sunglasses pledged his alliance to the Taliban?
3. How long after Amir and Baba left Afghanistan does Rahim Kahn find Hassan?
4. In Chapter 14, where does Amir plan to travel to see Rahim Khan?
5. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)