|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the pomegranate tree?
(a) It was Taliban headquarters.
(b) It was cut down and used for wood.
(c) It died.
(d) It was full of life in a barren area still bearing fruit.
2. Who is the beggar that Amir gives some money in Chapter 20?
(a) A university professor who worked with Hassan's mother.
(b) A teacher who Amir had had as a child.
(c) A university professor who worked with Amir's mother.
(d) A teacher who was friends with Baba.
3. What happens to the adulterous couple paraded into the arena during half-time at the soccer match?
(a) Their pictures are taken and sold as pornography.
(b) They are hung.
(c) They are stoned to death.
(d) They are whipped to death.
4. Why does Amir not complain about paying a large sum of money to stay in the dirty hotel room with bloodstains on the wall?
(a) Because he does not want anyone to be suspicious.
(b) Because he is afraid to complain due to the Taliban.
(c) Because he is resigned to the fact that Kabul is much different now.
(d) Because he knows the owner's family needs the money.
5. What were Amir's injuries from the man in the sunglasses?
(a) Broken ribs and a cut upper lip.
(b) Broken rips and a cut lower lip.
(c) Internal injuries and an eye wound.
(d) A cut on his face and a broken leg.
6. Why are officials patrolling the stadium during the soccer match?
(a) To stone anyone who cheers to loudly.
(b) To whip anyone who cheers to loudly.
(c) To whip anyone rooting for the wrong team.
(d) To ensure there is not a riot.
7. Who appears at Hassan's door, bloody and broken and in need of care?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
8. What must Amir do to get Sohrab in Chapter 22?
(a) Fight Sohrab to the death.
(b) Fight Assef to the death.
(c) Compete against Assef in a kite tournament.
(d) Pay Assef great sums of money.
9. When does Baba die?
(a) About a month before Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(b) When Amir and Soraya start college.
(c) About a month after Amir and Soraya's wedding.
(d) At Amir and Soraya's wedding.
10. What happened to most of the trees in Kabul, which used to be plentiful?
(a) They were bombed and destroyed.
(b) The poor burned them for firewood.
(c) The poor cut them down to build orphanages.
(d) The Taliban destroyed them.
11. Who pays for Amir and Soraya's wedding?
(a) Baba uses his life savings.
(b) Soraya uses her life savings.
(c) The General uses his life savings.
(d) Amir uses his life savings.
12. Why is Amir going to visit Rahim Khan in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he requested it.
(b) Because he wants to see Pakistan again.
(c) Because Amir is ill.
(d) Because Rahim Khan is ill.
13. What does the cut on his lip remind Amir of?
(a) His father, Baba's scars.
(b) Hassan's cleft palate.
(c) Assef and the fight.
(d) His mother's death.
14. Who does Soraya call to help with the adoption process?
(a) Her uncle, a lawyer.
(b) Her uncle, who works for the INS.
(c) Her brother, who works for the INS.
(d) Her brother, who is a lawyer.
15. Why is the long engagement period forgone for Amir and Soraya?
(a) Due to Soraya's past indiscretions.
(b) Due to Baba's illness.
(c) Due to financial matters.
(d) Due to college starting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Hassan and his wife?
2. Where does Amir finally admit his relationship with Sohrab?
3. What happens to Hassan's first child?
4. What does Rahim Kahn give to Amir in Chapter 17 from Hassan?
5. Where did Rahim Kahn live for many years?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)