|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(b) Always smiling.
(c) Being sneaky.
2. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
3. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A weak boy.
(c) An athlete.
(d) A successful man.
4. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) His own death.
(b) A monster in the sky.
(c) A victory in the tournament.
(d) A monster in the lake.
5. Who points out a plot hole in Amir's first short story?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
6. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
(a) The year Baba was born.
(b) The year Ali's parents were killed.
(c) How old Amir was.
(d) What happened to Ali's parents.
7. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A director of an orphanage.
(b) A judge.
(c) A nomad.
(d) A successful businessman.
8. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
9. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That Ali will protect them.
(b) That they are protected by Baba.
(c) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
(d) That it is only duck hunters.
10. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(a) His teacher.
(d) An old history book.
11. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(b) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(c) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(d) His mother's death.
12. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Competes in the tournament.
(b) Runs down kites.
(c) Eats dirt.
(d) Goes to school.
13. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
14. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
(a) Throws him a big party.
(b) Invites over family for a small celebration.
(d) Has dinner with Assef and his family.
15. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
(b) They read a favorite story.
(c) They discuss what happened in the alley.
(d) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
2. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
3. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
4. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
5. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)