|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
(a) She reads it and enjoys it
(b) She feels shame from the story
(c) Her father destroys it
(d) Her mother chaperones her as she reads it
2. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
(a) Because of Baba.
(b) Because of Hassan's dream.
(c) Because of Assef.
(d) Because of the kite tournament.
3. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His cleft palate.
(b) His mother.
(c) His ethnicity.
(d) His father.
4. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
(a) Meanings to large words.
(b) His mother.
(c) His illiteracy.
(d) Being a servant.
5. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
(a) His family.
6. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
7. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(b) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(c) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(d) To share tales of their adventures.
8. How many kites are in the tournament?
9. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(b) His paternity.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) The duck hunters.
10. Before Baba passes away, what does Amir ask of him?
(a) To attend his wedding.
(b) To pray to Mecca with him.
(c) To accept medical treatment.
(d) To permit him to marry Soraya.
11. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(b) Being sneaky.
(c) Always smiling.
12. Hassan is a what?
(a) Sunni Muslim.
13. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
14. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A book of legends and a notebook.
(b) A bicycle and watch.
(c) A book of legends and a bicycle.
(d) A notebook and a reading book.
15. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
(a) In Amir's estate.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) With Baba.
(d) In a mud hut at the back of the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
2. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
3. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
4. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
5. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)