|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) After Assef threatens him.
(b) When he is hurt by the hunters.
(c) Before the shooting.
(d) After his 12th birthday.
2. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
(a) The violence is over.
(b) He receives a hug from Ali.
(c) He receives a hug from Baba.
(d) He and Hassan escape the violence.
3. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
4. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(a) His paternity.
(b) A slingshot.
(d) The duck hunters.
5. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
(a) Translating for people shopping at the market.
(b) Buying items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(c) Reselling yard sale items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(d) Writing stories of their homeland.
6. In which year does this novel begin?
7. In what year did Amir come of age?
8. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(b) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(c) To share tales of their adventures.
(d) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
9. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
(b) His family.
10. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
(a) His parents were killed.
(b) He bought him to serve as his servant.
(c) He was friends to Ali's father.
(d) They were of the same ethnicity and it was mandatory.
11. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
12. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
13. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
(a) Using credit to pay for goods.
(c) President Carter.
(d) Haggling for goods at the flea market.
14. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
(a) Baba has scars from it.
(b) He heard it in school.
(c) He saw it happen.
(d) Afghans do not tell tall tales.
15. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
(a) Kites flying in Golden Gate Park.
(b) His child building a kite.
(c) A visit from his friend Rahim Kahn.
(d) The call from Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
2. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
3. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
4. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
5. Which of the following does Amir not wish from his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)