Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To be a writer.
(b) To marry a decent man.
(c) To marry an American.
(d) To become a teacher.
2. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
(a) A three-month break from school.
(b) The kite tournament.
(c) Hassan's loyalty.
(d) Hassan a new home.
3. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A director of an orphanage.
(b) A nomad.
(c) A successful businessman.
(d) A judge.
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
6. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
7. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cleft palate.
(d) His ethnicity.
8. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
(a) First Person.
(b) Third Person.
9. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(c) General Taheri.
10. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A new kite.
(b) A biography of Hitler.
(c) A new notebook.
11. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) The beginning of the school year.
(b) The end of the conflict.
(c) A three month break from school.
(d) Religious holidays begin.
12. What major does Amir choose in college?
(d) Foreign Affairs.
13. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
(a) Going to the cinema.
(b) Fighting a bear.
(c) Sitting under a pomegranate tree.
(d) Visiting nomads.
14. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
(a) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(b) To share tales of their adventures.
(c) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(d) So that Hassan can learn to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
2. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
3. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
4. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
5. Where does Rahim Kahn want Amir to go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)