|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(a) A slingshot.
(c) His paternity.
(d) The duck hunters.
2. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
(a) What happened to Ali's parents.
(b) The year Ali's parents were killed.
(c) How old Amir was.
(d) The year Baba was born.
3. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A used car.
(c) A watch.
(d) A college education.
4. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
5. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(c) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
(d) Money and the watch.
6. Who points out a plot hole in Amir's first short story?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
7. In which year does this novel begin?
8. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
9. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(b) Kamal's father.
10. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Begs them to stay.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Yells at Amir.
(d) Hurries them along.
11. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
(a) His mother.
(b) His illiteracy.
(c) Being a servant.
(d) Meanings to large words.
12. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) They read a favorite story.
(b) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
(c) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
(d) They discuss what happened in the alley.
13. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(b) General Taheri.
14. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
15. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
(a) They are scared because of the attack.
(b) They are afraid of Assef.
(c) The newscasts do not make sense to them.
(d) Ali tells them to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hassan is a what?
2. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
3. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
4. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
5. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)