|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
(a) Desire to return to Afghanistan.
(b) Reminder to call his father.
(c) Desire to fly a kite.
(d) Flashback to his childhood.
2. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
3. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
4. Which of the following is not of the same ethnicity as Amir?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
5. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(a) His paternity.
(b) The duck hunters.
(d) A slingshot.
6. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
(a) He bought him to serve as his servant.
(b) They were of the same ethnicity and it was mandatory.
(c) He was friends to Ali's father.
(d) His parents were killed.
7. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(c) United Nations.
(d) United States.
8. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(a) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
(c) Money and the watch.
9. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
10. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Helps him save the blue kite.
(c) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
(d) Makes Assef leave.
11. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
(a) He does not like the topic on which Amir wrote.
(b) Amir does not show the story to Baba.
(c) He sees writing as a wimpy pastime.
(d) He is illiterate.
12. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
13. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
(a) First Person.
(d) Third Person.
14. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
15. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) A monster in the sky.
(b) A victory in the tournament.
(c) A monster in the lake.
(d) His own death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
2. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
3. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
4. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
5. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)