|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Amir make up his first story?
(a) At his work.
(b) At his school.
(c) On a trip to the cinema.
(d) During a tease of Hassan.
2. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
3. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
4. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(b) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(c) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(d) To share tales of their adventures.
5. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Competes in the tournament.
(c) Eats dirt.
(d) Runs down kites.
6. Before Baba passes away, what does Amir ask of him?
(a) To permit him to marry Soraya.
(b) To accept medical treatment.
(c) To attend his wedding.
(d) To pray to Mecca with him.
7. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
8. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
(a) Uses a slingshot to hit Hassan.
(b) Hits Amir.
(c) Threatens to hurt Hassan later.
(d) Throws a rock at Amir.
9. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He calls them liars.
(b) He fights for Hassan.
(c) He slingshots rocks at them.
(d) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
10. Who narrates this story?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
11. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A biography of Hitler.
(b) A new kite.
(d) A new notebook.
12. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) When he is hurt by the hunters.
(b) Before the shooting.
(c) After Assef threatens him.
(d) After his 12th birthday.
13. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
(a) He receives a hug from Ali.
(b) He and Hassan escape the violence.
(c) He receives a hug from Baba.
(d) The violence is over.
14. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) After his surgery.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) When Ali dies.
(d) When Baba hugs Amir.
15. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(a) United States.
(c) United Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir live in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
3. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
4. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
5. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)