|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
(c) His family.
2. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Ali confesses to stealing them.
(b) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(c) Baba fires Ali.
(d) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
3. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He says Amir hurt him.
(c) He was raped.
(d) He says nothing is wrong.
4. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(b) Being sneaky.
(d) Always smiling.
5. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
(a) Amir does not show the story to Baba.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) He sees writing as a wimpy pastime.
(d) He does not like the topic on which Amir wrote.
6. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He forgives Hassan.
(b) He forgives Ali.
(c) He punishes Amir.
(d) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
7. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) When he is hurt by the hunters.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) After his 12th birthday.
(d) Before the shooting.
8. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
9. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(b) To share tales of their adventures.
(c) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(d) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
10. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
(a) In a mud hut at the back of the property.
(b) In Amir's estate.
(c) With Baba.
(d) In San Francisco.
11. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(a) His paternity.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) The duck hunters.
12. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Begs them to stay.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Hurries them along.
(d) Yells at Amir.
13. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(c) Kamal's father.
14. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
(a) Going to the cinema.
(b) Sitting under a pomegranate tree.
(c) Visiting nomads.
(d) Fighting a bear.
15. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
2. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
3. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
4. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
5. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)