|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
(a) They were of the same ethnicity and it was mandatory.
(b) He bought him to serve as his servant.
(c) His parents were killed.
(d) He was friends to Ali's father.
2. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(c) United States.
(d) United Nations.
3. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(b) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(c) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(d) His mother's death.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
(a) Desire to return to Afghanistan.
(b) Flashback to his childhood.
(c) Desire to fly a kite.
(d) Reminder to call his father.
5. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
6. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
(b) Invites over family for a small celebration.
(c) Throws him a big party.
(d) Has dinner with Assef and his family.
7. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) They read a favorite story.
(b) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
(c) They discuss what happened in the alley.
(d) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
8. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Amir's birthday.
(b) Ali's birthday.
(c) Hassan's birthday.
(d) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
9. Hassan is a what?
(b) Sunni Muslim.
10. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) A monster in the sky.
(b) A monster in the lake.
(c) A victory in the tournament.
(d) His own death.
11. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He slingshots rocks at them.
(b) He calls them liars.
(c) He fights for Hassan.
(d) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
12. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(d) Kamal's father.
13. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
(a) He does not like the topic on which Amir wrote.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) Amir does not show the story to Baba.
(d) He sees writing as a wimpy pastime.
14. Which season is beginning in Chapter 6?
15. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A successful businessman.
(b) A director of an orphanage.
(c) A judge.
(d) A nomad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
2. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
3. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
4. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
5. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)