|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
(d) His family.
2. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Makes Assef leave.
(c) Helps him save the blue kite.
(d) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
3. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
(a) In a mud hut at the back of the property.
(b) In Amir's estate.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) With Baba.
4. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
5. Who narrates this story?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
6. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
(a) Mr. Success.
(b) Rahim Kahn.
(c) Mr. Hurricane.
(d) Bear Wrestler.
7. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(a) United States.
(b) United Nations.
8. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) They discuss what happened in the alley.
(b) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
(c) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
(d) They read a favorite story.
9. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
(a) The kite tournament.
(b) A three-month break from school.
(c) Hassan a new home.
(d) Hassan's loyalty.
10. In which year does this novel begin?
11. What happens to the truck taking Baba, Amir, and other refugees to Pakistan?
(a) The Russians stop it.
(b) It breaks down.
(c) It never leaves Kabul.
(d) It takes them all the way to Pakistan.
12. In what year did Amir come of age?
13. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
(a) The newscasts do not make sense to them.
(b) They are afraid of Assef.
(c) They are scared because of the attack.
(d) Ali tells them to go away.
14. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Begs them to stay.
(b) Hurries them along.
(c) Yells at Amir.
(d) Ignores them.
15. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To marry a decent man.
(b) To become a teacher.
(c) To marry an American.
(d) To be a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Amir make up his first story?
2. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
3. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
4. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
5. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)