|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Amir come of age?
2. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His ethnicity.
(b) His cleft palate.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
4. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
5. When does Amir make up his first story?
(a) During a tease of Hassan.
(b) On a trip to the cinema.
(c) At his work.
(d) At his school.
6. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
(a) They are scared because of the attack.
(b) They are afraid of Assef.
(c) The newscasts do not make sense to them.
(d) Ali tells them to go away.
7. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
8. Who rules the country in Chapter 2?
9. What major does Amir choose in college?
(d) Foreign Affairs.
10. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
(a) He bought him to serve as his servant.
(b) He was friends to Ali's father.
(c) His parents were killed.
(d) They were of the same ethnicity and it was mandatory.
11. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) The end of the conflict.
(b) The beginning of the school year.
(c) Religious holidays begin.
(d) A three month break from school.
12. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
(a) Third Person.
(c) First Person.
13. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(a) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
(b) Money and the watch.
14. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(b) Baba fires Ali.
(c) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
(d) Ali confesses to stealing them.
15. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(b) His paternity.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) The duck hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
2. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
3. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
4. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
5. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)