|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Baba's father die?
(a) A home invasion gone wrong.
(b) A war.
(c) A bear fight.
(d) Religious persecution.
2. When does Amir make up his first story?
(a) At his school.
(b) At his work.
(c) During a tease of Hassan.
(d) On a trip to the cinema.
3. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
4. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
5. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
(b) That they are protected by Baba.
(c) That Ali will protect them.
(d) That it is only duck hunters.
6. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(b) United Nations.
(d) United States.
7. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
(b) Invites over family for a small celebration.
(c) Throws him a big party.
(d) Has dinner with Assef and his family.
8. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
9. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) His own death.
(b) A monster in the sky.
(c) A victory in the tournament.
(d) A monster in the lake.
10. Why did Sanaubar leave?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) Because Hassan was deformed.
(c) She was immoral.
(d) She was very religious.
11. What does Hassan do at Amir's 13th birthday party?
(a) He is too sick to attend.
(b) Sets off fireworks.
(c) He stays in the field.
(d) Serves drinks.
12. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
(a) He was the father of Amir's friend.
(b) He was Amir's father.
(c) He was a long time friend of Amir.
(d) He was his father's friend.
13. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(d) His father's thinking of him as weak.
14. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
(a) His mother.
(b) Meanings to large words.
(c) Being a servant.
(d) His illiteracy.
15. What protects Amir from Assef's taunts?
(b) The duck hunters.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) His paternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
2. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
3. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
4. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
5. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)