|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
(b) That Ali will protect them.
(c) That they are protected by Baba.
(d) That it is only duck hunters.
2. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
3. Who rules the country in Chapter 2?
4. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(d) Making Hassan eat dirt.
5. In which year does this novel begin?
6. Which of the following is not of the same ethnicity as Amir?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
7. Who narrates this story?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
8. How many kites are in the tournament?
9. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
10. Before Baba passes away, what does Amir ask of him?
(a) To attend his wedding.
(b) To pray to Mecca with him.
(c) To accept medical treatment.
(d) To permit him to marry Soraya.
11. In what year did Amir come of age?
12. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
(a) Visiting nomads.
(b) Going to the cinema.
(c) Sitting under a pomegranate tree.
(d) Fighting a bear.
13. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
(a) An athlete.
(b) A successful man.
(c) A weak boy.
(d) A religious man.
14. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) When Baba hugs Amir.
(b) After his surgery.
(c) When Ali dies.
(d) After Assef threatens him.
15. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) He flees Afghanistan.
(b) He is shot by government officials.
(c) He continues to be a popular singer.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
2. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
3. How did Baba's father die?
4. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
5. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)