|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
(a) Immoral women.
(b) Servant to master.
(c) Nursed from the same woman.
2. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(c) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(d) Making Hassan eat dirt.
3. In what year did Amir come of age?
4. Hassan is a what?
(a) Sunni Muslim.
5. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His ethnicity.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cleft palate.
(d) His father.
6. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
(a) President Carter.
(c) Using credit to pay for goods.
(d) Haggling for goods at the flea market.
7. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
(a) Hassan and Ali.
(b) Amir and Baba.
(c) Hassan and Amir.
(d) Ali and Baba.
8. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
9. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
(b) To move into Baba's home.
(c) To eat dirt.
(d) To help him win the tournament.
10. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
(a) A successful man.
(b) A religious man.
(c) An athlete.
(d) A weak boy.
11. What does Assef do to Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Rapes him.
(b) Beats him up.
(c) Holds him down.
(d) Takes away the blue kite.
12. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
(a) Because of Baba.
(b) Because of Assef.
(c) Because of Hassan's dream.
(d) Because of the kite tournament.
13. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To become a teacher.
(b) To be a writer.
(c) To marry an American.
(d) To marry a decent man.
14. Why did Sanaubar leave?
(a) Because Hassan was deformed.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She was very religious.
(d) She was immoral.
15. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
(a) The kite tournament.
(b) Hassan's loyalty.
(c) A three-month break from school.
(d) Hassan a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
2. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
3. Who built the orphanage in Chapter 2?
4. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
5. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)