|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
(a) A visit from his friend Rahim Kahn.
(b) The call from Rahim Kahn.
(c) Kites flying in Golden Gate Park.
(d) His child building a kite.
2. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
(b) Bear Wrestler.
(c) Mr. Hurricane.
(d) Mr. Success.
3. How many kites are in the tournament?
4. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) When Ali dies.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) When Baba hugs Amir.
(d) After his surgery.
5. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(b) Always smiling.
(c) Being sneaky.
6. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He forgives Hassan.
(b) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
(c) He punishes Amir.
(d) He forgives Ali.
7. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(b) San Francisco.
8. In which year does this novel begin?
9. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
(a) A watch.
(b) A college education.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A used car.
10. Who rules the country in Chapter 2?
11. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
(a) He heard it in school.
(b) He saw it happen.
(c) Baba has scars from it.
(d) Afghans do not tell tall tales.
12. Where does Rahim Kahn want Amir to go in Chapter 1?
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
14. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) To share tales of their adventures.
(b) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(c) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(d) So that Hassan can learn to read.
15. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
(a) He was a long time friend of Amir.
(b) He was Amir's father.
(c) He was the father of Amir's friend.
(d) He was his father's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
2. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
4. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
5. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)