|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Baba's father die?
(a) A war.
(b) A bear fight.
(c) A home invasion gone wrong.
(d) Religious persecution.
2. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A successful businessman.
(b) A director of an orphanage.
(c) A nomad.
(d) A judge.
3. What does Hassan do at Amir's 13th birthday party?
(a) Sets off fireworks.
(b) He is too sick to attend.
(c) Serves drinks.
(d) He stays in the field.
4. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He forgives Ali.
(b) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
(c) He forgives Hassan.
(d) He punishes Amir.
5. What happens to the truck taking Baba, Amir, and other refugees to Pakistan?
(a) It never leaves Kabul.
(b) It breaks down.
(c) The Russians stop it.
(d) It takes them all the way to Pakistan.
6. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Hassan's birthday.
(b) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
(c) Amir's birthday.
(d) Ali's birthday.
7. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
8. How did Rahim Kahn know Amir?
(a) He was his father's friend.
(b) He was the father of Amir's friend.
(c) He was Amir's father.
(d) He was a long time friend of Amir.
9. Which of the following is not of the same ethnicity as Amir?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
10. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
11. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(d) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
12. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(b) His teacher.
(c) An old history book.
13. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Makes Assef leave.
(c) Helps him save the blue kite.
(d) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
14. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(d) San Francisco.
15. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
(a) Ali tells them to go away.
(b) They are scared because of the attack.
(c) They are afraid of Assef.
(d) The newscasts do not make sense to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
2. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
3. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Hassan is a what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)