|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(a) Always smiling.
(b) Being sneaky.
2. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
(a) The biography of Adolf Hitler.
(b) Money and the watch.
3. Which of the following does Amir use to taunt and tease Hassan?
(a) His illiteracy.
(b) His mother.
(c) Meanings to large words.
(d) Being a servant.
4. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
(b) That they are protected by Baba.
(c) That it is only duck hunters.
(d) That Ali will protect them.
5. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
6. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Helps him save the blue kite.
(d) Makes Assef leave.
7. Baba was close to who during his childhood?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
8. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(a) Kamal's father.
9. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To be a writer.
(b) To become a teacher.
(c) To marry a decent man.
(d) To marry an American.
10. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
11. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
12. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
(a) The call from Rahim Kahn.
(b) Kites flying in Golden Gate Park.
(c) A visit from his friend Rahim Kahn.
(d) His child building a kite.
13. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
14. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
(a) Servant to master.
(c) Nursed from the same woman.
(d) Immoral women.
15. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
(b) To help him win the tournament.
(c) To eat dirt.
(d) To move into Baba's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
2. When does Amir make up his first story?
3. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
4. To Amir, the week represents _______ and Soraya represents __________.
5. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)