|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a difference between Amir and Hassan?
2. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(a) General Taheri.
3. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(b) Baba fires Ali.
(c) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
(d) Ali confesses to stealing them.
4. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
5. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He forgives Hassan.
(b) He forgives Ali.
(c) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
(d) He punishes Amir.
6. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(c) San Francisco.
7. What does Hassan do at Amir's 13th birthday party?
(a) He is too sick to attend.
(b) Serves drinks.
(c) He stays in the field.
(d) Sets off fireworks.
8. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
(a) His own successes.
(b) His father's failures.
(c) His own failures.
(d) His father's successes.
9. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
10. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A successful businessman.
(b) A nomad.
(c) A director of an orphanage.
(d) A judge.
11. Where does Rahim Kahn want Amir to go in Chapter 1?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(c) San Francisco.
12. In what year did Amir come of age?
13. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
(a) Amir does not show the story to Baba.
(b) He sees writing as a wimpy pastime.
(c) He does not like the topic on which Amir wrote.
(d) He is illiterate.
14. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(b) Kamal's father.
15. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Eats dirt.
(b) Competes in the tournament.
(c) Runs down kites.
(d) Goes to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baba's father take home Ali?
2. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
3. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
4. Why did Sanaubar leave?
5. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)