|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Amir not wish from his father in Chapter 3?
2. In what year did Amir come of age?
3. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That they are protected by Baba.
(b) That Ali will protect them.
(c) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
(d) That it is only duck hunters.
4. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
(a) Disappointing his father.
(d) Being a weak boy.
5. Which of the following best describes the unusual kinship between Amir and Hassan?
(b) Servant to master.
(c) Nursed from the same woman.
(d) Immoral women.
6. When does Hassan stop smiling?
(a) When Baba hugs Amir.
(b) After Assef threatens him.
(c) After his surgery.
(d) When Ali dies.
7. Where do Amir and Baba finally settle down in Chapter 11?
8. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
(a) His own successes.
(b) His father's successes.
(c) His own failures.
(d) His father's failures.
9. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) He is shot by government officials.
(b) He flees Afghanistan.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He continues to be a popular singer.
10. How do Baba and Amir earn extra money on the weekends while living in America?
(a) Buying items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(b) Reselling yard sale items at the San Jose Flea Market.
(c) Translating for people shopping at the market.
(d) Writing stories of their homeland.
11. Where does Rahim Kahn want Amir to go in Chapter 1?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
12. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
(a) Hassan and Ali.
(b) Ali and Baba.
(c) Hassan and Amir.
(d) Amir and Baba.
13. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Hurries them along.
(b) Begs them to stay.
(c) Yells at Amir.
(d) Ignores them.
14. Why did Sanaubar leave?
(a) Because Hassan was deformed.
(b) She was very religious.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She was immoral.
15. What does Hassan do at Amir's 13th birthday party?
(a) He is too sick to attend.
(b) Sets off fireworks.
(c) Serves drinks.
(d) He stays in the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amir determined to win in Chapter 6?
2. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
3. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
4. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
5. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)