|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Amir live when he came of age?
(a) San Francisco.
2. Due to which of the following can Amir's inability to tolerate mediocrity be contributed?
(a) His father's successes.
(b) His own failures.
(c) His father's failures.
(d) His own successes.
3. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A new kite.
(c) A biography of Hitler.
(d) A new notebook.
4. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
5. Seeing the kites flying in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think back to his childhood. This literary technique is known as a . . .
(b) First Person.
(c) Third Person.
6. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
(b) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(c) Ali confesses to stealing them.
(d) Baba fires Ali.
7. What illness does Baba have in Chapter 12?
(a) Brain tumor.
(d) Lung cancer.
8. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(b) His teacher.
(d) An old history book.
9. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His cleft palate.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His ethnicity.
10. Who shoots himself with the truck driver's gun in Chapter 10?
(b) Kamal's father.
11. What major does Amir choose in college?
(d) Foreign Affairs.
12. When does Amir make up his first story?
(a) At his work.
(b) At his school.
(c) On a trip to the cinema.
(d) During a tease of Hassan.
13. How many kites are in the tournament?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
(a) Desire to return to Afghanistan.
(b) Reminder to call his father.
(c) Desire to fly a kite.
(d) Flashback to his childhood.
15. Who is invading Afghanistan in Chapter 10?
(c) United Nations.
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
2. Whom of the following was Amir's childhood friend and servant?
3. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
4. What does Amir make Hassan vow in Chapter 6?
5. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)