|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(a) Being sneaky.
(d) Always smiling.
2. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) A three month break from school.
(b) Religious holidays begin.
(c) The end of the conflict.
(d) The beginning of the school year.
3. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
(b) Bear Wrestler.
(c) Mr. Hurricane.
(d) Mr. Success.
4. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
(a) Because of Hassan's dream.
(b) Because of Assef.
(c) Because of Baba.
(d) Because of the kite tournament.
5. Who offers support for future writing to Amir?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
(c) No one.
6. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
(a) The year Ali's parents were killed.
(b) The year Baba was born.
(c) What happened to Ali's parents.
(d) How old Amir was.
7. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(b) To share tales of their adventures.
(c) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
(d) So that Hassan can learn to read.
8. What does Amir do when he sees Hassan in the alley after the kite tournament?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Takes Hassan home to the mud hut.
(c) Makes Assef leave.
(d) Helps him save the blue kite.
9. Which of the following is the only thing Baba considers a sin?
10. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Hurries them along.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Yells at Amir.
(d) Begs them to stay.
11. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
12. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
13. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
14. What does Assef taunt Hassan about in Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(b) His ethnicity.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cleft palate.
15. Which of the following is not of the same ethnicity as Amir?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
2. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Amir has a what?
4. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
5. What color is the kite that places second in the tournament?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)