|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(d) Rahim Kahn.
2. Which of the following does Amir not wish from his father in Chapter 3?
3. In what year does Chapter 10 occur?
4. How long does it take Amir to work up the courage to discuss a book he saw Soraya reading with her?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
5. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A nomad.
(b) A director of an orphanage.
(c) A successful businessman.
(d) A judge.
6. What does Amir seek out during the toughest parts of his life?
(b) His family.
7. Hassan is a what?
(b) Sunni Muslim.
8. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A new kite.
(b) A biography of Hitler.
(c) A new notebook.
9. How does Baba react after Hassan's confession is made in Chapter 9?
(a) He forgives Ali.
(b) He punishes Amir.
(c) He forgives Hassan.
(d) He asks Ali and Hassan to leave.
10. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(a) His teacher.
(d) An old history book.
11. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
(b) Amir's birthday.
(c) Ali's birthday.
(d) Hassan's birthday.
12. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
(a) She reads it and enjoys it
(b) Her mother chaperones her as she reads it
(c) She feels shame from the story
(d) Her father destroys it
13. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
14. What happens to the popular singer who sang at Amir's party?
(a) He continues to be a popular singer.
(b) He is shot by government officials.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He flees Afghanistan.
15. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
(a) To share tales of their adventures.
(b) So that Hassan can learn to read.
(c) So that Amir can read legends to Hassan.
(d) To act out movies they had seen at the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
2. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
3. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
4. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
5. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)