|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(b) An old history book.
(c) His teacher.
2. Baba considers both murder and theft to be which of the following?
3. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
4. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
5. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
6. What major does Amir choose in college?
(c) Foreign Affairs.
7. What does Baba do when Ali and Hassan prepare to leave in Chapter 9?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Begs them to stay.
(c) Yells at Amir.
(d) Hurries them along.
8. What does Hassan dream of before the kite tournament?
(a) A victory in the tournament.
(b) His own death.
(c) A monster in the sky.
(d) A monster in the lake.
9. Which of the following does Ali use to reassure the boys after the shooting in Chapter 5?
(a) That they are protected by Baba.
(b) That Ali will protect them.
(c) That it is only duck hunters.
(d) That their heritage will protect them from any danger.
10. What two gifts does Baba give Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A book of legends and a bicycle.
(b) A notebook and a reading book.
(c) A book of legends and a notebook.
(d) A bicycle and watch.
11. What is the benefit of winter to the children of Afghanistan?
(a) Religious holidays begin.
(b) The end of the conflict.
(c) The beginning of the school year.
(d) A three month break from school.
12. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(a) A new notebook.
(c) A new kite.
(d) A biography of Hitler.
13. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
(a) Because of Hassan's dream.
(b) Because of Baba.
(c) Because of the kite tournament.
(d) Because of Assef.
14. How does Amir comfort Hassan when the soldiers make fun of his mother?
(a) He slingshots rocks at them.
(b) He tells him they are speaking of another woman.
(c) He fights for Hassan.
(d) He calls them liars.
15. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
(a) Afghans do not tell tall tales.
(b) Baba has scars from it.
(c) He heard it in school.
(d) He saw it happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
2. Why did Sanaubar leave?
3. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
4. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
5. A call from _________ leads Amir to consider visiting his homeland of Afghanistan.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)