|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the items that Amir hid are found under Hassan's mattress?
(a) Baba fires Ali.
(b) Ali confesses to stealing them.
(c) Amir tells his father he put them under the mattress.
(d) Hassan confesses to stealing them.
2. Who are fleeing Kabul in Chapter 10?
(a) Hassan and Amir.
(b) Ali and Baba.
(c) Hassan and Ali.
(d) Amir and Baba.
3. What major does Amir choose in college?
(b) Foreign Affairs.
4. In Chapter 2, Baba tells his friend Rahim Kahn of his fear that Amir will grow up to be what?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A weak boy.
(c) An athlete.
(d) A successful man.
5. Why is Amir nervous in Chapter 7?
(a) Because of Assef.
(b) Because of Hassan's dream.
(c) Because of the kite tournament.
(d) Because of Baba.
6. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
7. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(b) His teacher.
(c) An old history book.
8. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(b) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(c) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
(d) His mother's death.
9. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
10. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
(a) A college education.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A watch.
(d) A used car.
11. Which of the following is the reason Amir and Hassan leave to go read under their tree?
(a) The newscasts do not make sense to them.
(b) Ali tells them to go away.
(c) They are scared because of the attack.
(d) They are afraid of Assef.
12. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
(a) Uses a slingshot to hit Hassan.
(b) Hits Amir.
(c) Threatens to hurt Hassan later.
(d) Throws a rock at Amir.
13. Hassan's deformity gives the impression that he is doing what?
(a) Being sneaky.
(c) Always smiling.
14. Who protects Amir with his slingshot?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
15. Who offers support for future writing to Amir?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
2. Amir does not use which of the following phrases to describe Hassan?
3. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
4. Why is Amir glad for the attack in Chapter 5?
5. In which year does this novel begin?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)