|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Baba's father's job?
(a) A director of an orphanage.
(b) A successful businessman.
(c) A nomad.
(d) A judge.
2. Who misses Afghanistan the most in Chapter 11?
(d) General Taheri.
3. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
4. What hope does Soraya express in Chapter 12 for her future?
(a) To marry a decent man.
(b) To become a teacher.
(c) To marry an American.
(d) To be a writer.
5. What does Baba do for Amir's 13th birthday?
(a) Invites over family for a small celebration.
(b) Throws him a big party.
(d) Has dinner with Assef and his family.
6. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
(a) Baba has scars from it.
(b) Afghans do not tell tall tales.
(c) He saw it happen.
(d) He heard it in school.
7. For what does Amir hope to gain pardon by winning the kite tournament?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Making Hassan eat dirt.
(c) His father's thinking of him as weak.
(d) Visiting the mud hut where Hassan lives.
8. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(c) Rahim Kahn.
9. What happens when Amir and Hassan go to the tree after school resumes following the kite tournament?
(a) They discuss what happened in the alley.
(b) Hassan and Amir get into a fight.
(c) Amir pelts Hassan with pomegranates.
(d) They read a favorite story.
10. What gift does Baba give Amir for his graduation from high school?
(a) A watch.
(b) A used car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A college education.
11. Where does Amir learn some of the true history of the Hazara people?
(a) An old history book.
(b) His teacher.
12. At what age did Amir indicate he came of age?
13. Which specific event in Chapter 1 leads Amir to think about his childhood?
(a) His child building a kite.
(b) Kites flying in Golden Gate Park.
(c) A visit from his friend Rahim Kahn.
(d) The call from Rahim Kahn.
14. What present does Assef give to Amir for his 13th birthday?
(b) A biography of Hitler.
(c) A new notebook.
(d) A new kite.
15. What does Assef do before he leaves in Chapter 5?
(a) Threatens to hurt Hassan later.
(b) Hits Amir.
(c) Throws a rock at Amir.
(d) Uses a slingshot to hit Hassan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a nickname for Baba?
2. Which of the following is not a memory Amir has of Hassan by Chapter 4?
3. Which season is beginning in Chapter 6?
4. When does the plastic surgeon fix Hassan's cleft palate?
5. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)