|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires the plastic surgeon to fix Hassan's cleft palate?
(a) Rahim Kahn.
2. Where did Hassan live when Amir was a child?
(a) In Amir's estate.
(b) With Baba.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In a mud hut at the back of the property.
3. Which of the following pieces of information was not found in Chapter 4?
(a) The year Ali's parents were killed.
(b) How old Amir was.
(c) The year Baba was born.
(d) What happened to Ali's parents.
4. Who, was it rumored, wrestled a bear in his youth?
5. Unusual for Baba, he demonstrates an open-minded opinion of which of the following in Chapter 11?
(a) Using credit to pay for goods.
(b) Haggling for goods at the flea market.
(d) President Carter.
6. Which of the following is Amir's greatest fear as a child?
(a) Disappointing his father.
(c) Being a weak boy.
7. Which of the following does Baba never miss?
(a) Both Hassan and Amir's birthdays.
(b) Hassan's birthday.
(c) Ali's birthday.
(d) Amir's birthday.
8. Who is the protagonist of this novel?
(b) Rahim Kahn.
9. Which season is beginning in Chapter 6?
10. What happens to the story Amir gives to Soraya to read?
(a) Her mother chaperones her as she reads it
(b) She feels shame from the story
(c) She reads it and enjoys it
(d) Her father destroys it
11. Who gives Amir an illustrated copy of the legends Amir reads to Hassan?
12. Baba feels proud of Amir for winning the kite tournament; how does this make Amir feel?
13. What does Hassan do during the kite tournament?
(a) Competes in the tournament.
(b) Goes to school.
(c) Runs down kites.
(d) Eats dirt.
14. Which of the following can be used to describe how Amir is happy for the attack because it lead his father to give him a hug?
15. Why does Baba not read the story Amir wrote?
(a) He sees writing as a wimpy pastime.
(b) He does not like the topic on which Amir wrote.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) Amir does not show the story to Baba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hassan and Amir sit under a pomegranate tree in Chapter 4?
2. After the kite tournament, what does Hassan say is wrong with him?
3. How many kites are in the tournament?
4. Why does Amir believe that the bear wrestling story was true?
5. What does Amir hide under Hassan's mattress?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)