|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part Three: Chapter III is titled “The Sacrifice of the” what?
(c) Conch Shells
2. What is Part Three: Chapter VII’s title?
(b) Santiago de Cuba
(c) San Souci
(d) Strait is the Gate
3. Who is described as the Lord of the Roads in Part Three: Chapter I?
4. Whose visage appears before King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter V?
(a) Mlle. Floridor’s
(c) Corneille Breille’s
5. What is Queen Marie-Louise embroidering in the beginning of Part Four: Chapter I?
(a) A baby bottle
(b) An altar cloth
(c) A rug
(d) A pillowcase
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing the piano in the beginning of Part Four: Chapter I?
2. How did Ti Noël gain passage on a ship to Santo Domingo in Part Three: Chapter I?
3. Soliman engages in an affair with a maid at what palace in Part Four: Chapter I?
4. What part of King Henri Christophe’s body is given to his wife by the governor in Part Three: Chapter VII?
5. Pauline Bonaparte’s world is interrupted when who coughs up blood and collapses in Part Two: Chapter VI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pauline go after her husband’s death in Part Two: Chapter VII? What happens to her sense of superstition?
2. How is the palace described in Part Three: Chapter II? How does Ti Noël find himself there?
3. What happens to King Henri Christophe’s body in Part Three: Chapter VII?
4. What supernatural occurrence is described in Part Three: Chapter V?
5. How is Soliman perceived by the public in Rome in Part Four: Chapter I?
6. How is Pauline Bonaparte’s behavior depicted after her arrival on the island in Part Two: Chapter VI? What is her relationship to Soliman?
7. How is Santo Domingo described after Pauline Bonaparte’s departure in Part Two: Chapter VII?
8. How is King Henri Christophe’s demeanor described when he first arises in Part Three: Chapter VI?
9. How does Ti Noël become enslaved again in Part Three: Chapter II?
10. What great fortress is described in Part Three: Chapter III? How is the reference to bulls in the title of the chapter associated with this setting?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)