|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soliman retells his stories and paints himself as what in Part Four: Chapter I?
(a) King Henri Christophe’s nephew
(b) A High Priest of Voodoo
(c) The Archbishop of Canterbury
(d) An accomplished musician
2. What is the title of Part Three: Chapter II?
(a) San Souci
(b) The Reckoning
(c) The Great Fight
(d) The Immured
3. According to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter III, King Henri can flee to his fortress with how many men if necessary?
4. Where does Pauline depart for after her husband’s death in Part Two?
(a) Paris, France
(b) Los Angeles, California
(c) Sydney, Australia
(d) Moscow, Russia
5. How many African men that King Christophe trained as palace pages await him at the bottom of the palace stairs in Part Three: Chapter VI?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Pauline Bonaparte turn to perform voodoo rituals against the plague in Part Two: Chapter VII?
2. Soliman engages in an affair with a maid at what palace in Part Four: Chapter I?
3. Where does Soliman begin sleeping in Part Two: Chapter VII?
4. Pauline Bonaparte’s husband insists that she depart for the house where in Part Two: Chapter VII?
5. How is Pauline Bonaparte related to Napoleon Bonaparte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prisoner is described in the Archbishop's Palace in Part Three: Chapter IV? Why is he imprisoned?
2. What does the exposition reveal of Ti Noël’s circumstances in Part Three: Chapter I? How did Ti Noël gain freedom?
3. How is King Henri Christophe’s behavior described in Part Three: Chapter III?
4. Why does M. Lenormand de Mézy turn to religion in Part Two: Chapter V?
5. Where does Pauline go after her husband’s death in Part Two: Chapter VII? What happens to her sense of superstition?
6. What supernatural occurrence is described in Part Three: Chapter V?
7. How is Pauline Bonaparte described in Part Two: Chapter VI? Where is she traveling?
8. How is Santo Domingo described after Pauline Bonaparte’s departure in Part Two: Chapter VII?
9. How is Ti Noël’s former plantation described in Part Three: Chapter II?
10. How is Soliman perceived by the public in Rome in Part Four: Chapter I?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)