|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ti Noël come to be the slave of a Cuban plantation owner, according to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter I?
(a) Ti Noël ran away and was captured
(b) M. Lenormand de Mézy donated him
(c) M. Lenormand de Mézy sold him
(d) M. Lenormand de Mézy lost him in a card game
2. Pauline Bonaparte’s husband has bought a house on an island off the north coast of what county in case they should have to flee in Part Two: Chapter VI?
3. Part Three: Chapter V is titled “Chronicle of” what date?
(a) June 28
(b) April 1
(c) August 15
(d) December 7
4. Where does Ti Noël eventually go to find food in Part Three: Chapter IV?
(b) The Cap
5. Where does Pauline depart for after her husband’s death in Part Two?
(a) Sydney, Australia
(b) Los Angeles, California
(c) Paris, France
(d) Moscow, Russia
6. What slave does Pauline Bonaparte solicit as a masseuse in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(d) Ti Noel
7. What is King Henri Christophe’s wife’s name?
(a) Queen Floridor
(b) Queen Améthyste
(c) Queen Marie-Louise
(d) Queen Athenaїs
8. What does King Henri Christophe do at the end of Part Three: Chapter VI?
(a) He hangs himself
(b) He jumps off a cliff
(c) He shoots himself
(d) He slits his wrists
9. According to the narrator in Part Three: Chapter III, King Henri can flee to his fortress with how many men if necessary?
10. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline and a slave performing a ritual in which what animal has been sacrificed in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) A pig
(b) A monkey
(c) A rat
(d) A rooster
11. What disease does Pauline Bonaparte’s husband contract in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(c) Lung cancer
(d) Yellow Fever
12. To whom does Pauline Bonaparte turn to perform voodoo rituals against the plague in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(d) Ti Noel
13. What is Queen Marie-Louise embroidering in the beginning of Part Four: Chapter I?
(a) An altar cloth
(b) A pillowcase
(c) A rug
(d) A baby bottle
14. In what capacity does Soliman work for King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter VI?
(a) He is his valet
(b) He is his chef
(c) He is his accountant
(d) He is his masseuse
15. How is Pauline Bonaparte related to Napoleon Bonaparte?
(a) She is his sister
(b) She is his wife
(c) She is his aunt
(d) She is his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What still stands among the ruins of the plantation that Ti Noël visits in Part Three: Chapter II?
2. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline on the floor with another slave dancing around her holding what in Part Two: Chapter VII?
3. What does Ti Noël do when he encounters a Voodoo offering to the Lord of the Roads in Part Three: Chapter I?
4. How many African men that King Christophe trained as palace pages await him at the bottom of the palace stairs in Part Three: Chapter VI?
5. Whose visage appears before King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter V?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)