|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower is considered the most decorative and desired, according to the narrator in Part Four: Chapter II?
(a) The sunflower
(b) The tulip
(c) The rose
(d) The poppy
2. Where does Pauline depart for after her husband’s death in Part Two?
(a) Sydney, Australia
(b) Moscow, Russia
(c) Paris, France
(d) Los Angeles, California
3. What is the title of Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) Conch Shells
(b) Saint Calamity
(c) The Solemn Pact
(d) The Royal Palace
4. To what creatures does Ti Noël speak as he sits in the ruins of the old plantation in Part Three: Chapter II?
5. What is the king’s body sunk into in Part Three: Chapter VII?
(b) Wet mortar
(c) A boggy swamp
(d) Smoldering tar
6. What is Part Three: Chapter VII’s title?
(a) Strait is the Gate
(b) San Souci
(c) Santiago de Cuba
7. Where are Queen Marie-Louise and her family in Part Four: Chapter I?
8. What is the title of Part Two: Chapter V?
(a) The Great Fight
(b) Ultima Ratio Regum
(c) The Ship of Dogs
(d) Santiago de Cuba
9. What does King Henri Christophe do at the end of Part Three: Chapter VI?
(a) He hangs himself
(b) He jumps off a cliff
(c) He shoots himself
(d) He slits his wrists
10. What slave does Pauline Bonaparte solicit as a masseuse in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) Ti Noel
11. Soliman engages in an affair with a maid at what palace in Part Four: Chapter I?
(a) Auberge de la Couronne
(b) Le Bonnet de l'Évêque
(c) La Tortue
(d) Borghese Palace
12. What response does Ti Noël get when he asks where the dogs are going in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) To eat niggers
(b) To go hunting
(c) To find freedom
(d) To go swimming
13. What are the names of the princesses described in Part Three: Chapter II?
(a) Susanna and Elizabeth
(b) Esmerelda and Victoria
(c) Athenaїs and Améthyste
(d) Pauline and Samantha
14. Whose visage appears before King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter V?
(c) Corneille Breille’s
(d) Mlle. Floridor’s
15. What does Soliman fall ill with in Part Four: Chapter I?
(c) Yellow Fever
(d) Skin cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Part Three: Chapter I’s title?
2. What previously unnoticed sound does King Henri Christophe observe in the palace rooms in Part Three: Chapter VI?
3. What are Pauline Bonaparte’s impressions of the island when she and her husband arrive in Part Two: Chapter VI?
4. Who is the replacement for King Henri Christophe’s priest and confessor in Part Three: Chapter IV?
5. At what time does Ti Noël lay down his last brick at the end of his first day with the workers in Part Three: Chapter III?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)