|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What priest and confessor of King Henri Christophe has been taken prisoner in Part Three: Chapter IV?
(a) Corneille Breille
(d) Auberge de la Couronne
2. What does Pauline Bonaparte begin to superstitiously avoid stepping on in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) Broken mirrors
(b) Cracks in the tiles
(d) Black cats
3. The rituals of Voodoo resonate with Pauline Bonaparte’s background from where?
(c) South Africa
(d) New York
4. Part Three: Chapter V is titled “Chronicle of” what date?
(a) August 15
(b) June 28
(c) April 1
(d) December 7
5. M. Lenormand de Mézy spends his time doing what in Cuba in Part Two: Chapter V?
(a) Investing in the stock market
(b) Drinking and practicing Voodoo
(c) Frequenting brothels and libraries
(d) Gambling and going to church
6. What is King Henri Christophe’s wife’s name?
(a) Queen Athenaїs
(b) Queen Marie-Louise
(c) Queen Améthyste
(d) Queen Floridor
7. Pauline Bonaparte’s world is interrupted when who coughs up blood and collapses in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) Her daughter
(b) Her masseuse
(c) Her hairdresser
(d) Her husband
8. What does King Henri Christophe do at the end of Part Three: Chapter VI?
(a) He jumps off a cliff
(b) He shoots himself
(c) He hangs himself
(d) He slits his wrists
9. At what time does Ti Noël lay down his last brick at the end of his first day with the workers in Part Three: Chapter III?
(a) 9:30 PM
(b) 8:30 PM
(c) 6:00 PM
(d) 12:00 AM
10. How is Pauline Bonaparte related to Napoleon Bonaparte?
(a) She is his mother
(b) She is his sister
(c) She is his wife
(d) She is his aunt
11. Soliman engages in an affair with a maid at what palace in Part Four: Chapter I?
(a) Le Bonnet de l'Évêque
(b) Auberge de la Couronne
(c) Borghese Palace
(d) La Tortue
12. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline on the floor with another slave dancing around her holding what in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) A sickle
(b) A hatchet
(c) A machete
(d) A frying pan
13. What is the title of Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) The Solemn Pact
(b) Conch Shells
(c) The Royal Palace
(d) Saint Calamity
14. The statue or Mary is described as being what in Part Three: Chapter II?
(a) On fire
15. Whose visage appears before King Henri Christophe in Part Three: Chapter V?
(b) Corneille Breille’s
(d) Mlle. Floridor’s
Short Answer Questions
1. Part Three: Chapter III is titled “The Sacrifice of the” what?
2. What are the names of the princesses described in Part Three: Chapter II?
3. Who is the replacement for King Henri Christophe’s priest and confessor in Part Three: Chapter IV?
4. What is all that’s left of the chapel at the plantation Ti Noël visits in Part Three: Chapter II?
5. What does Pauline Bonaparte order to begin construction after her arrival on the island in Part Two: Chapter VI?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)