|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end of Part Two, what are thrown to the dogs as a sport?
(a) Black women
(b) Black men
(c) White women
(d) White children
2. What time at night is it when M. Lenormand de Mézy goes out to rape one of the slave girls in Part Two: Chapter III?
3. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) A shark fin
(b) A jar of honey
(c) A calf's head
(d) A dog
4. The slaves return to their plantations feeling a sense of what in the end of Part One: Chapter VIII?
5. Slaves that come from the region where Macandal originated are reputed to be what?
(a) Excellent housekeepers
(b) Royal descendants
(d) French colonists
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the voodoo rituals described in Part Two: Chapter VII involves floating what items, decorated with ribbons, on the sea?
2. What is the title of Part Two: Chapter VII?
3. What is the name of the nearby city to the plantation where Ti Noël lives in Part One: Chapter I?
4. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
5. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)