|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Rubber trees
(b) Sugar cane
(c) Palm trees
2. What response does Ti Noël get when he asks where the dogs are going in Part Two: Chapter VI?
(a) To find freedom
(b) To go swimming
(c) To eat niggers
(d) To go hunting
3. What is Part Three: Chapter I’s title?
(a) The Portents
(b) The Metamorphoses
(c) Conch Shells
(d) Dagon Inside the Ark
4. What are the names of the princesses described in Part Three: Chapter II?
(a) Athenaїs and Améthyste
(b) Pauline and Samantha
(c) Esmerelda and Victoria
(d) Susanna and Elizabeth
5. One of the voodoo rituals described in Part Two: Chapter VII involves floating what items, decorated with ribbons, on the sea?
(b) Fish carcasses
(c) Bamboo stalks
(d) Palm leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. The name of Minos from the title of Part Two: Chapter I is a figure from what mythology?
2. What is the title of Part One: Chapter II?
3. What is Part Two: Chapter IV’s title?
4. What is the name of Pauline Bonaparte’s husband?
5. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline on the floor with another slave dancing around her holding what in Part Two: Chapter VII?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)