|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Macandal’s arm removed with in Part One: Chapter II?
(a) A cleaver
(b) A saw
(c) A machete
(d) A sickle
2. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The local cows have an inherited disease
(b) The imported cows were poisoned before they arrived at the plantation
(c) The imported cows don’t know what poisonous vegetation to avoid
(d) The imported cows have been infected with yellow fever
3. What is Ti Noël in charge of what on the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Palm trees
(b) Rubber trees
(c) Sugar cane
4. After Macandal’s disappearance in Part One: Chapter IV, Ti Noël spends most of his time doing what?
(a) Working the fields
(d) Tending the horses
5. After losing his arm, Macandal is given what job in Part One: Chapter III?
(a) Cattle herd
(b) Sugar cane cutter
(c) Fruit picker
(d) Bee keeper
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ti Noël and Macandal poison in Part One: Chapter III?
2. What does the plantation owner buy before he and Ti Noël head back to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
3. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
4. Ti Noël goes with Macandal to visit whom in Part One: Chapter III?
5. To what does Ti Noël compare the wax heads in the window in Part One: Chapter I?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)