|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plantation owner where Ti Noël is a slave as the book opens?
(a) Governor Blancheland
(b) Mlle Floridor
(c) Henri Christophe
(d) M. Lenormand de Mézy
2. Ti Noël learns that the man portrayed in the bright posters in Part One: Chapter I is what?
(a) A prince
(b) A priest
(c) A king
(d) An American
3. What is Macandal doing when his arm becomes caught in a machine in Part One: Chapter II?
(a) Making sausage
(b) Sawing lumber
(c) Milling sugar
(d) Juicing fruit
4. Where do Ti Noël and his master go in the town in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) The barber shop
(b) The bookstore
(c) The theater
(d) The cave
5. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) A bookstore
(b) The barber shop
(c) Inside a well
(d) A cave
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ti Noël observe bright posters in Part One: Chapter I?
2. What do Ti Noël and Macandal poison in Part One: Chapter III?
3. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
4. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
5. Ti Noël’s plantation master in Part One: Chapter I is a colonist from what European country?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)