|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ti Noël’s plantation master in Part One: Chapter I is a colonist from what European country?
(c) Great Britain
2. What is Macandal’s arm removed with in Part One: Chapter II?
(a) A machete
(b) A sickle
(c) A cleaver
(d) A saw
3. To what does Ti Noël compare the wax heads in the window in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) Lizard heads
(b) Fish heads
(c) Birds' heads
(d) Calves' heads
4. After Macandal’s disappearance in Part One: Chapter IV, Ti Noël spends most of his time doing what?
(a) Working the fields
(c) Tending the horses
5. Where do Ti Noël and his master go in the town in Part One: Chapter I?
(a) The theater
(b) The barber shop
(c) The bookstore
(d) The cave
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
2. Who brings Ti Noël a message from Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
3. What is the name of the plantation owner where Ti Noël is a slave as the book opens?
4. What does the plantation owner hum as he and Ti Noël return to the plantation in Part One: Chapter I?
5. While in hiding, Macandal has made contact with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)