|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ti Noël tells the plantation owner that the cows have died for what reason in the end of Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The imported cows don’t know what poisonous vegetation to avoid
(b) The local cows have an inherited disease
(c) The imported cows were poisoned before they arrived at the plantation
(d) The imported cows have been infected with yellow fever
2. What is enacted upon the slaves after the poisonings spread in Part One: Chapter V?
(a) War camps
(b) A new system of government
(c) A curfew
(d) Systematic execution
3. The slaves’ rebellion is planned to take place how many days in the future in the end of Part Two: Chapter II?
4. The slaves believe that Macandal caused a woman to give birth to a baby with what in Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) The ears of a horse
(b) A boar's face
(c) Webbed hands
(d) The mouth of a fish
5. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The barber shop
(b) A bookstore
(c) A cave
(d) Inside a well
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pauline Bonaparte begin to superstitiously avoid stepping on in Part Two: Chapter VII?
2. Who does Pauline Bonaparte take with her when she departs for her husband’s second home in Part Two: Chapter VII?
3. Part Two: Chapter III is titled “The Call of the” what?
4. Where does M. Lenormand de Mézy meet his third wife in Part Two: Chapter I?
5. Where is Bouckman from?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)