|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline on the floor with another slave dancing around her holding what in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) A frying pan
(b) A machete
(c) A hatchet
(d) A sickle
2. What disease does Pauline Bonaparte’s husband contract in Part Two: Chapter VII?
(a) Lung cancer
(c) Yellow Fever
3. What is Part One: Chapter III’s title?
(a) What the Hand Found
(b) The Royal Palace
(c) Conch Chells
(d) De Profundis
4. For how many years do the slaves await Macandal’s return, according to the narrator at the end of Part One: Chapter VI?
(a) 7 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 years
5. Where does Ti Noël go to find Macandal in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) A bookstore
(b) A cave
(c) Inside a well
(d) The barber shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part One: Chapter V?
2. What does M. Lenormand de Mézy discover has happened to his dogs when he comes out of hiding to examine his plantation in Part Two: Chapter IV?
3. What hotel has Henri Christophe just purchased in Part Two: Chapter I?
4. What do Ti Noël and Macandal poison in Part One: Chapter III?
5. One of Pauline’s maids discovers Pauline and a slave performing a ritual in which what animal has been sacrificed in Part Two: Chapter VII?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)