|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scientology promises to help the follower achieve well being in all but one of the following areas:
2. The purpose of psychological conditioning is to ___________________________.
(a) Develop free thinking
(b) Create fear
(c) Develop emotional dependency
(d) Elicit a desired response
3. Why is it important to be knowledgeable about Christian doctrine?
(a) To be able to spot the flaws in the logic of cults
(b) To be better educated
(c) To be able to argue logically
(d) To develop a value system
4. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
(a) requires missionary work of all if members
(b) requires the Biblical tithe of one tenth
(c) requires the donation of twenty hours per week
(d) asks members to donate as much money as they can afford
5. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(a) Outlook on the world
(c) Personal motivation
(d) Structure of living
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
2. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
3. What is a melting pot?
4. The term which describes Christian Science is ________________________.
5. The name Jehovah's Witnesses was taken to distinguish the true followers of the founder in _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
4. What does Scientology promise its followers?
5. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
6. What are the three levels of a belief system?
7. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
8. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
9. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
10. What is the danger of cults?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)