|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Empasis on logic
(b) Promotion of free thinking
(c) Free choice
(d) Psychological conditioning
2. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Robert Dale Owen
(b) Daniel Webster
(c) Andrew Jackson Davis
(d) Harriet Beecher Stowe
3. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
(a) the Japanese branch of Buddhism
(c) Asian Buddhism
4. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
(a) False prophets
5. The term cult terminology refers to ___________________________________.
(a) The new terms that the cults have brought into existence
(b) The new concepts of the cults
(c) The redefinitions of traditional terms
(d) The development of doctrines by cults
Short Answer Questions
1. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
2. In response to cults, the answer of the church must be __________________________.
3. Mirzo Husayn Ali was known as ______________.
4. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
5. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
2. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
3. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
4. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
5. What does Scientology promise its followers?
6. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
7. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
8. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
9. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
10. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)