|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first temple site was in _________________________.
(a) Kirkland, Ohio
(b) Independence, Missouri
(c) Palmyra, New York
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah
2. Cults ________________________________.
(a) Emphasize different concepts
(b) Are all Christian based
(c) Have the same practices
(d) Have the same beliefs
3. The founder of Scientology had been ____________________________.
(a) a sicentist
(b) a researcher
(c) a doctor
(d) a successful science fiction writer
4. Christian Scientists believe that hell is _________________________.
(a) made by the sinner who does evil
(b) a place of fire and brimstone
(c) the place where all non-members go
(d) a temporary holding place
5. What is a melting pot?
(a) A melting pot is a pan to melt butter in
(b) A melting pot is a blend of nations
(c) A melting pot refers to different religions
(d) A melting pot is a blend of people, cultures and religions
Short Answer Questions
1. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
2. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
3. Term switching is ____________________________.
4. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
5. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should the Church deal with cults?
2. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
3. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
4. What are the three levels of a belief system?
5. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
6. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
7. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
8. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
9. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
10. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)