Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
(a) Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health
(b) a novel
(c) a science fiction story
(d) there is no such publication
2. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
(a) the First Presidency
(b) ten high priests
(c) all priests
(d) twelve high priests
3. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah
(b) Wilmette, Illinois
(c) Baltimore, Maryland
(d) Brooklyn, New York
4. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
5. What is a cult?
(a) A cult refers to a religious group that differs significantly from other religious groups in some respects.
(b) A cult refers to a groups of people with different beliefs
(c) A cult refers to people with similar beliefs
(d) A cult refers to a group of oddballs
Short Answer Questions
1. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
2. Christian Scientists believe that hell is _________________________.
3. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
4. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
5. Theosophy recognizes ______________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. What is the prophecy of seventy weeks?
4. What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Jesus?
5. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
6. What is the danger of cults?
7. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
8. What is the purpose of trying to control the cults?
9. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
10. What is the Shahada?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)