|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
(a) two years
(b) one year
(c) five years
(d) three years
2. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Spencer W. Kimball
(c) Joseph Smith, Jr.
(d) Brigham Young
3. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Psychological conditioning
(b) Free choice
(c) Promotion of free thinking
(d) Empasis on logic
4. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(b) Robert Dale Owen
(c) Daniel Webster
(d) Andrew Jackson Davis
5. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
(a) They are still waiting
(b) He will never return
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
2. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
3. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
4. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
5. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
2. What distinguishes Unitarians from orthodox Christianity?
3. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
4. What is the danger of cults?
5. Exactly what is a cult?
6. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
7. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
8. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
9. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
10. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)