|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
(a) Those who don't accept the cult-doctrine
(b) Other members of the cult
(c) Authority figures
2. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(a) a form of Buddhism
(c) a form of Spiritism
(d) a form of science
3. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
(a) that the afterlife is whatever each spirit chooses to make it
(b) in the existence of Purgatory
(c) in the existence of Hell
(d) in communication with Satan
4. Hubbard published his religious views and views on therapy in _________________________________.
(a) there is no such publication
(b) a science fiction story
(c) Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health
(d) a novel
5. Which name is not associated with Unitarian views?
(a) Michael Servetos
(b) Ludwig Haetzer
(c) Fausto Sozini
(d) John Calvin
Short Answer Questions
1. Christians and cultists should focus their attention on __________________________.
2. The Unitarian Universalist teaching borrows from all but _________________.
3. Who succeeded Russell as leader when Russell died?
4. Cults ________________________________.
5. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
2. How does the Worldwide Church of God reach people around the world?
3. What is the current trend in evangelism?
4. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
5. What is the danger of cults?
6. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
7. Which group is most attracted to the Unification Church?
8. What is Hinduism?
9. What are the three levels of a belief system?
10. How should the Church deal with cults?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)