|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
2. Cults ________________________________.
(a) Have the same practices
(b) Are all Christian based
(c) Emphasize different concepts
(d) Have the same beliefs
3. Which name is not associated with Unitarian views?
(a) John Calvin
(b) Michael Servetos
(c) Ludwig Haetzer
(d) Fausto Sozini
4. Who succeeded Russell as leader when Russell died?
(a) Judge J.F. Rutherford
(b) Russel's son
(c) Russel's wife
(d) Reverend J.J. Ross
5. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
(b) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
(c) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(d) Don't believe in the use of medicines
Short Answer Questions
1. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
2. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
3. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
4. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
5. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
2. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
3. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
4. When did the fad of Eastern cults become popular?
5. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
6. What is the Shahada?
7. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
8. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
9. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
10. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)