|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
(a) Acceptance of doctrine
(b) Structure of living
(c) Individual's outlook
2. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) lost their membership
(b) they weren't allowed to join
(c) attend special classes
(d) pay a tithe
3. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
(a) Maharish Mahesh Yogic
(b) Bhadwan Shree Ranjneesh
(c) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(d) Mohammad Ali
4. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
(a) Russia and China
(b) Germany and Japan
(c) Germany and China
(d) Germany and Italy
5. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
(a) Changed the meanings of traditional concepts in the Scriptures
(b) Enhanced the meanings of the Scriptures
(c) Resulted in no reinterpretation of the Scriptures
(d) Had no effect on the meaning of the Scriptures
Short Answer Questions
1. Mirz Ali Hummad was known as ________________.
2. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
3. The first temple site was in _________________________.
4. What is the most important characteristic of cults?
5. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
4. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
5. What is the danger of cults?
6. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
7. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
8. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
9. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
10. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)