|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Baha'i World Faith is an offshoot of _____________.
2. What is a melting pot?
(a) A melting pot is a blend of nations
(b) A melting pot is a pan to melt butter in
(c) A melting pot is a blend of people, cultures and religions
(d) A melting pot refers to different religions
3. Redefinition of terms is evident in the Gnostic cults of __________________.
(c) Christian Science
4. Jehovah's Witnesses ________________________________.
(a) Believe in the equality of the Trinity
(b) Have no problems with supporting the war effort
(c) Don't believe in the use of medicines
(d) Refuse to bear arms in defense of the nation
5. Zen Buddhism is dervied from ___________________________.
(b) the Japanese branch of Buddhism
(c) Asian Buddhism
Short Answer Questions
1. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
2. Christian Science came into being after Mrs. Eddy _____________________________.
3. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
4. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
5. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. What is the danger of cults?
4. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
5. What does Scientology promise its followers?
6. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
7. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
8. How should the Church deal with cults?
9. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
10. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)