|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes of the Universe exist in the theology of Theorophy?
(a) there are no planes or levels
(c) there are an infinite number of planes
2. The goal of the Baha'i Faith is _____________________________.
(a) the eradication of Judaism
(b) the eradication of Christianity
(c) the unity of all religions under Baha'ism
(d) salvation of souls
3. Who do Mormons consider to be Gentiles?
(a) any non-Christian
(b) anyone under twenty-one years of age
(d) any non-Mormon
4. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
(c) They are still waiting
(d) He will never return
5. To the Christian Scientist, the Trinity represents _________________________________.
(a) the reason for the existence of Christian Science
(b) equality among Father, Son and Holy Spirit
(c) the basis of the Christian Science faith
Short Answer Questions
1. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
2. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
3. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
4. What is most important in establishing rapport with a cult member?
5. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
2. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
3. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
4. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
5. What does Scientology promise its followers?
6. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
7. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
8. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
9. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
10. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)