|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
(b) the continuity of life after death
(c) it is an easy religion to practice
(d) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
2. Zen Buddhism is _______________________________.
(a) the oldest form of cult activity
(b) a major world religion
(c) the second oldest form of cult activity
(d) a relatively new cult
3. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Empasis on logic
(b) Psychological conditioning
(c) Free choice
(d) Promotion of free thinking
4. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
5. Which of the following is not recognized by Dr. Rokeach as a level in a belief system?
(a) Acceptance of doctrine
(b) Individual's outlook
(d) Structure of living
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Atonement, Jehovah's Witnesses believe ________________________________.
2. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
3. Theosophy __________________________________.
4. Satori is defined as ___________________________.
5. The first temple site was in _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are considered to be the chief prophets of the Mormons?
2. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
3. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
4. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
5. How should the Church deal with cults?
6. Who assumed control of the Christian Science Church after Mrs. Eddy's death?
7. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
8. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
9. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
10. What are the three levels of a belief system?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)