|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Term switching is ____________________________.
(a) Allows for dialogue betwen the cultist and the traditional Christian
(b) Has no function for the cultist
(c) The most potent tool of the traditional Christian
(d) The most potent tool of cults
2. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
(a) Those who don't accept the cult-doctrine
(b) Other members of the cult
(c) Authority figures
3. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(a) Structure of living
(b) Personal motivation
(d) Outlook on the world
4. The Christian Science faith was founded by ______________________.
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Ellen G. White
(c) Mary Baker Eddy
(d) Lenora Piper
5. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(b) The gospels of Christ
(c) Common sense
(d) Personal values
Short Answer Questions
1. The Book of Mormon is said to have been written on ______________________.
2. How many cult members are there in the United States?
3. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
4. The cult tries to present itself as ________________.
5. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
2. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
3. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
4. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
5. What are the three levels of a belief system?
6. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
7. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
8. What is the danger of cults?
9. How should the Church deal with cults?
10. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)