|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isolationism is a ________________________.
(a) Psychological trait of cult members
(b) Goal of Christianity
(c) Rejected by cultists
(d) Practiced by Christians
2. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
(a) avoidance of alcohol
(b) all of the below
(c) avoidance of caffeine
(d) avoidance of tobacco
3. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
(a) Personal motivation
(c) Structure of living
(d) Outlook on the world
4. What is a part of cult membership?
(a) Promotion of free thinking
(b) Psychological conditioning
(c) Empasis on logic
(d) Free choice
5. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) inherently good
(b) inherently evil
(c) society is too diverse to characterize
(d) is a growing system of thought
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
2. Satori is defined as ___________________________.
3. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
4. Which name is not associated with Unitarian views?
5. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the danger of cults?
2. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
3. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
4. How should the Church deal with cults?
5. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
6. Exactly what is a cult?
7. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
8. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
9. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
10. What does Scientology promise its followers?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)