|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
2. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
(a) Bhadwan Shree Ranjneesh
(b) Maharish Mahesh Yogic
(c) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(d) Mohammad Ali
3. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
(a) ten high priests
(b) all priests
(c) twelve high priests
(d) the First Presidency
4. What is the danger of contact with the Spirits?
(a) the spirits may be demonic
(b) the participants may be damaged by the experience
(c) the contact is a hoax
(d) there is no way to contact the spirits
5. Who is considered a great prophet of Spiritism?
(a) Robert Dale Owen
(b) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(c) Daniel Webster
(d) Andrew Jackson Davis
Short Answer Questions
1. The cult's authoritarianism comes from its _______________.
2. Mrs. Eddy founded and taught at the ________________________________.
3. How many cult members are there in the United States?
4. How can the cultist claim to agree with various quotes from the Bible?
5. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
2. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
3. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
4. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
5. Exactly what is a cult?
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
8. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
9. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
10. What is the danger of cults?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)