|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christian Science members had to circulate and sell the works of Mary Baker Eddy or ________________________.
(a) attend special classes
(b) they weren't allowed to join
(c) lost their membership
(d) pay a tithe
2. Theosophy __________________________________.
(a) accepts the basic Christian doctrines
(b) rejects the basic Christian doctrines
(c) bollows the doctrines from the world's major religions
(d) combines the basic doctrines of Christianity and Judaism
3. According to Dr. Milton Rokeach, how many levels are recognized in a belief system?
4. Charles Taze Russel was the founder of ____________________.
(a) Seventh Days Adventists
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses
5. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
(a) Joseph Smith, Jr.
(b) L. Ron Hubbard
(c) Herbert W. Armstrong
(d) Faustus Socinos
Short Answer Questions
1. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
2. The founder of the Baha'i World Faith was _____________________________.
3. What is a cult?
4. Why is it important to be knowledgeable about Christian doctrine?
5. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
2. What distinguishes Unitarians from orthodox Christianity?
3. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
4. What is the danger of cults?
5. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
6. Exactly what is a cult?
7. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
8. What does Scientology promise its followers?
9. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
10. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)