|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new vocabulary has _______________________________________.
(a) Had no effect on the meaning of the Scriptures
(b) Enhanced the meanings of the Scriptures
(c) Resulted in no reinterpretation of the Scriptures
(d) Changed the meanings of traditional concepts in the Scriptures
2. To the Christian Scientist, the Trinity represents _________________________________.
(a) the basis of the Christian Science faith
(c) the reason for the existence of Christian Science
(d) equality among Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. Which of the following is not a plane of the universe?
4. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
5. Theorophy can best be described as ______________________.
(a) a form of Spiritism
(b) a form of Buddhism
(c) a form of science
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
2. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
3. Which name is not associated with Unitarian views?
4. Who led the Mormons to Salt Lake City?
5. Mrs. Eddy founded and taught at the ________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Mary Baker Eddy see herself in?
2. What is the appeal of the Unitarian Universalist Church?
3. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
4. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
5. Describe the derivation of Japanese Zen Buddhism.
6. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
7. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
8. What was the Miracle Wheat fraud?
9. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
10. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)