|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theosophy recognizes ______________________________.
(a) the basic Christian beliefs
(b) the ancient cult of Gnosticism
(c) a personal God
(d) the beliefs of Islam
2. What is the most important characteristic of cults?
(a) Open mindedness
(b) Closed mindedness
(c) Cognitive evaluation of facts
(d) Acceptance of Christian doctrine
3. The teachings of Scientology __________________________________.
(a) there are no specific teachings
(b) are based on Judeao teachings
(c) are the same as orthodox Christian doctrine
(d) are contrary to orthodox Christian doctrine
4. What is used in the evaluation of cults?
(a) The gospels of Christ
(b) Common sense
(d) Personal values
5. The Stake High Council consists of ________________________-.
(a) ten high priests
(b) twelve high priests
(c) the First Presidency
(d) all priests
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures _________________________.
2. Who do Mormons consider to be Gentiles?
3. Cults represent ____________________________________.
4. The practice of indoctrination falls under which characteristic of a cult?
5. Regarding Atonement, Jehovah's Witnesses believe ________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
2. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
3. Exactly what is a cult?
4. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
5. What is the danger of cults?
6. What is the appeal of Spiritism?
7. Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the return of Christ has occurred?
8. How did Hubbard first promote his views regarding religion and psychology?
9. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
10. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)