|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scientology was founded by ____________________.
(a) Faustus Socinos
(b) L. Ron Hubbard
(c) Joseph Smith, Jr.
(d) Herbert W. Armstrong
2. Most cults attack the doctrine of the Trinity. Compared to other cults, the attack of Jehovah's Witnesses is ________________.
(a) Most vehement
(b) Average compared to the others
(c) The mildest
3. According to Jehovah's Witnesses, hell, the place of fiery torment ___________________________.
(a) Does not exist
(c) Receives all non-members
(d) Is a concept from the Bible
4. What is used to measure the veracity of cults?
(a) The scope of the group activities
(b) The intensity of the group beliefs
(c) The group values
(d) The authority of the Scriptures
5. Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Christ returned in ___________.
(c) They are still waiting
(d) He will never return
Short Answer Questions
1. Christ warned against ________________.
2. To the Unitarian Universalists, which of the following does not contribute to salvation?
3. The Baha'i World Faith was founded in which country?
4. Spiritists believe ____________________________________________-.
5. Mormons believe in ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the danger of cults?
2. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
3. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
4. When do people become interested in Spiritism?
5. Exactly what is a cult?
6. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
7. What does Scientology promise its followers?
8. Explain how the cult takes concepts from the Bible out of context?
9. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
10. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)