|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes of the Universe exist in the theology of Theorophy?
(a) there are an infinite number of planes
(c) there are no planes or levels
2. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
(b) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
(c) it is an easy religion to practice
(d) the continuity of life after death
3. The Watchtower uses term switching in regards to ________________________.
(a) The definition of God
(b) The definition of personal values
(c) The definition of hell
(d) The definitions of the Trinity
4. Theosophists believe that society __________________________.
(a) inherently evil
(b) society is too diverse to characterize
(c) is a growing system of thought
(d) inherently good
5. The Baha'i World Faith is an offshoot of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mormon Church ______________________________.
2. The Mormon Church is directed by _______________________________.
3. Who is the founder of the Mormon faith?
4. The Mormons encourage their young people to spend how many years doing missionary work?
5. What factors are important in the study of non-Christian cults?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the teachings of Christian Science compare to those of traditional Christianity?
2. What is the important first step in establishing rapport with a cult member?
3. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
4. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
5. Explain the effect of the new vocabulary on the dialogue between cultist and traditional Christian.
6. How should the Church deal with cults?
7. What do the Mormons accept as the Scripture?
8. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
9. Did Russell have the background and training that he claimed to have?
10. What was common to the writings of Mary Baker Eddy?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)