|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the cultist claim to agree with various quotes from the Bible?
(a) They lie
(b) Terms have been redefined
(c) They have the same beliefs
(d) There are no doctrinal issues between cults and mainstream Christianity
2. The cult tries to present itself as ________________.
(a) An alternative to Christianity
(b) An easier form of Christianity
(c) A new set of values
3. The term cult terminology refers to ___________________________________.
(a) The redefinitions of traditional terms
(b) The new concepts of the cults
(c) The development of doctrines by cults
(d) The new terms that the cults have brought into existence
4. What must the Christian pay attention to in discussions with the cultist?
5. The personal antagonism of the cultists is directed against ____________________________________.
(b) Those who don't accept the cult-doctrine
(c) Authority figures
(d) Other members of the cult
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Atonement, Jehovah's Witnesses believe ________________________________.
2. The Bible warns against the teachings of _________________________.
3. The Baha'i World Faith is an offshoot of _____________.
4. Which two countries and particularly known for their misnomers?
5. Unitarian dogmas began gaining popularity in which century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two major groups that are known as the Mormons?
2. What is the basic view of the Theosophist?
3. Exactly what is a cult?
4. What is the goal of the Baha'i Faith?
5. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
6. What are the three levels of a belief system?
7. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
8. What is the role of personal antagonism as a common psychological trait of cult members?
9. What, according to Fey and Gill, happens if an article presents cults favorably?
10. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)