|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used to measure the veracity of cults?
(a) The scope of the group activities
(b) The intensity of the group beliefs
(c) The authority of the Scriptures
(d) The group values
2. The first temple site was in _________________________.
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah
(b) Kirkland, Ohio
(c) Palmyra, New York
(d) Independence, Missouri
3. The Baha'i World Faith is an offshoot of _____________.
4. Why is it important to be knowledgeable about Christian doctrine?
(a) To be able to spot the flaws in the logic of cults
(b) To be better educated
(c) To develop a value system
(d) To be able to argue logically
5. Who do Mormons consider to be Gentiles?
(a) anyone under twenty-one years of age
(c) any non-Mormon
(d) any non-Christian
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a term that refers to the ruling structure of the Mormon Church?
2. Why is it believed that Christian Science prevents members from receiving medical treatment?
3. Theosophy recognizes ______________________________.
4. The goal of the Baha'i Faith is _____________________________.
5. How many planes of the Universe exist in the theology of Theorophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the founder of the Baha'i World Faith?
2. Is there a difference between Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine and Russellism?
3. How has the new vocabulary affected cults?
4. How do Zen Buddhists differ from Buddhists regarding the achievement of Nirvana?
5. Exactly what is a cult?
6. What is the background of the Book of Mormon?
7. Does Theosophy accept the major Christian doctrines?
8. Why are psychological factors important in the study of cults?
9. What is the danger of cults?
10. Why should Christians focus on definitions in any dialogue with cultists?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)