|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
(a) God the Prophet
(d) God the Father
2. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) an ordinary man
(b) a physical God
(c) the Gnostic Jesus
(d) the Jesus of the Bible
3. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) a god among many gods
(b) an archangel
(c) the Son of God
(d) a hoax
4. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(b) contains all of Moon's teachings
(c) is the traditional Christian Bible
(d) is a recruitment document
5. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) the theology in anti-Trinity
(b) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(c) the theology contains half-truths
(d) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
6. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
(a) computer retrival system
(b) legal action against the cults
(c) specialized literature
(d) research project
7. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) the Seventh Day Adventists
(d) the traditional Christian interpretation
8. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) questions on Doctrine
(b) Divine Proposals
(c) The Doctrinal Manifest
(d) the Bible of Adventism
9. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was founded by William Miller
(b) was the result of two segments of Millerism
(c) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) was the result of three segments of Millerism
10. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
(b) mind control and brainwashing
(c) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(d) allowing its members to exercise free choice
11. What is God's spiritual law according to the Worldwide Church of God?
(a) the Ten Commandments
(b) the Torah
(c) the Bible
(d) the rules of the Worldwide Church of God
12. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) there is a Trinity
(c) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
(d) there is no God
13. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
14. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(a) consisting of three gods
(d) consisting of one god
15. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
(a) symbolizes God
(b) is a symbol of man's evolutionary development
(c) symbolizes Christ
(d) has the same meaning as in orthodox Christianity
Short Answer Questions
1. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
2. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
3. The Bible of the Unification Church is ______________________________.
4. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
5. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)