|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) they like to do drugs
(b) they need to relax
(c) to be closer to God
(d) it is a means of escape
2. The Holy Book of Islam is the _____________.
(c) Divine Principle
3. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
4. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) open honest recruitment
(b) recruitment by word of mouth
(c) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
(d) no recruitment
5. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) the theology contains half-truths
(b) the theology in anti-Trinity
(c) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(d) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
6. The Bible of the Unification Church is ______________________________.
(a) they recognize any Christian Bible
(b) the King James version
(c) they have no Bible
(d) a book called Divine Principle
7. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) a plan to aid the cults
(b) a methodology to control cults
(c) the plan to end cults
(d) promotion of evangelizing cults
8. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
(a) none of these
(b) the new year
(d) the Aquarian Age
9. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(b) is a recruitment document
(c) contains all of Moon's teachings
(d) is the traditional Christian Bible
10. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
(a) material only
(b) spiritual only
(c) material and spiritual
(d) the body is not important
11. Many of these cults ____________________________.
(a) properly represent themselves
(b) disseminate literature without their true name
(c) make promises they can't keep
(d) present the orthodox Christian view
12. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(b) personal contact
(c) massive numbers
13. The Rosicrucian Fellowship is _____________________---.
(a) a Christian scholarship
(b) one cult
(c) a Christian denomination
(d) a collection of cults
14. Islam is _________________________.
(a) a major world non-Christian religion
(b) a major world Christian religion
(c) a non-Christian cult
(d) a Christian cult
15. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) complemented Christian theology
(b) traditional Christian theology
(c) ignored Christian theology
(d) contrary to Christian theology
Short Answer Questions
1. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
2. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
3. The founder of the Church of the New Jerusalem was ________________.
4. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
5. Evangelists _____________________________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)