|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Young converts to Christianity are the targets of _____________________.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) Unification Church
(d) Hari Krishnas
2. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
(a) the God of Islam
(b) equal in status to Allah
(c) the prophet of Allah
(d) the founder of a sect
3. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
(a) the Spirit of Prophecy
(b) no Trinity
(c) the Sanctuary
(d) the Sabbath
4. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(a) consisting of three gods
(c) consisting of one god
5. Rosicrucian theology is based on ___________________________.
(a) a world with seven sections
(b) three worlds
(c) five worlds
(d) one world
6. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
(a) Divine Principle
7. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) mind control and brainwashing
(b) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
(c) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(d) allowing its members to exercise free choice
8. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) is the traditional Christian Bible
(b) contains all of Moon's teachings
(c) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(d) is a recruitment document
9. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
(a) the reincarnation wheel
(c) the Holy Spirit
10. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
(b) take the Bible as their basis
(c) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(d) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
11. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(a) personal contact
(c) massive numbers
12. According to the New Age, what separates man from God?
(a) his own consciousness
(c) man's actions
(d) the divinity of God
13. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
(a) all prior norms and traditions are repudiated
(b) man must adhere to strict rules
(c) man must follow the rules of the Vedas
(d) Christianity is the basis of Ranjneeschism
14. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
(a) Bhagwan Shree Ranjneesh
(b) Rev. Sun Myung Moon
(c) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(d) Mararishi Makesh Yogic
15. The Rosicrucian Fellowship is _____________________---.
(a) a Christian denomination
(b) a Christian scholarship
(c) a collection of cults
(d) one cult
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
2. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
3. According to the Bible, __________________________________.
4. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
5. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)