|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
(b) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
(c) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
(d) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
2. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(b) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(c) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
(d) mind control and brainwashing
3. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) all truths are absolute
(b) all things are divine
(c) all is one and all is God
(d) man is inherently divine
4. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
(b) recruitment by word of mouth
(c) no recruitment
(d) open honest recruitment
5. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
(b) take the Bible as their basis
(c) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(d) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
6. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(a) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(c) other cults
7. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) they like to do drugs
(b) it is a means of escape
(c) to be closer to God
(d) they need to relax
8. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(d) the American Southwest
9. Regarding the message of the Gospels, many of the cults ____________________________________.
(a) offer a strict orthodox interpretation
(b) misinterpret or twist the message of the Gospels
(c) ignore the Gospels
(d) state where they differ from the orthodox interpretation
10. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(b) the Bible
(c) the Koran
(d) the Torah
11. The purpose of conferences of cults includes all but one of the following:
(a) developing a united approach in the battle against cults
(b) sharing information to avoid duplication of effots
(c) providing information
(d) proposing legal action
12. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) the Bible of Adventism
(b) The Doctrinal Manifest
(c) Divine Proposals
(d) questions on Doctrine
13. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
(b) God the Prophet
(d) God the Father
14. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) promotion of evangelizing cults
(b) the plan to end cults
(c) a methodology to control cults
(d) a plan to aid the cults
15. The founder of the Church of the New Jerusalem was ________________.
(a) Charles Taze Russel
(b) Emmanuel Swedenborg
(c) Lenora Piper
(d) Helena Blavatsky
Short Answer Questions
1. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
2. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
3. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
4. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
5. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)