|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the message of the Gospels, many of the cults ____________________________________.
(a) ignore the Gospels
(b) misinterpret or twist the message of the Gospels
(c) offer a strict orthodox interpretation
(d) state where they differ from the orthodox interpretation
2. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
(a) Mararishi Makesh Yogic
(b) Bhagwan Shree Ranjneesh
(c) Rev. Sun Myung Moon
(d) Mirza Ali Muhammad
3. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(c) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
(d) mankind must save itself
4. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Charles Fillmore
(b) Joseph Smith
(c) Herbert W. Armstrong
(d) Charles Taze Russell
5. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) the elderly
(b) young Christians
(c) lifelong Christians
(d) people who have been exposed to Christianity
6. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) personal evangelism
(b) ignoring evangelism
(c) radio evangelism
(d) television evangelism
7. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(a) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
(d) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
8. TM (Transcendental Meditation) is a _____________________________.
(a) based on Shivaite Hinduism
(b) based on Vishnuite Hinduism
(c) form of yoga and spiritual practice
(d) form of religious worship
9. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) Charles Taze Russell
(c) Jesus Christ
(d) L. Ron Hubbard
10. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
(a) computer retrival system
(b) research project
(c) legal action against the cults
(d) specialized literature
11. The Hari Krishna cult was founded in _________________.
(a) Poona, India
(b) London, England
(c) Bombay, India
(d) New York, New York
12. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
(b) there is a Trinity
(c) there is no Trinity
(d) there is no God
13. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
(a) the body is not important
(b) spiritual only
(c) material only
(d) material and spiritual
14. Swedengorg _____________________________.
(a) ignores the Holy Spirit
(b) rejects the Holy Spirit
(c) the Holy Spirit has equal status with Jehovah
(d) accepts the Holy Spirit as an equal member of the Trinity
15. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was the result of three segments of Millerism
(b) was the result of two segments of Millerism
(c) was founded by William Miller
(d) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
2. Islam is _________________________.
3. Which group will supply Bibles to almost anyone who wants one, in that person's own language?
4. The founder of the Church of the New Jerusalem was ________________.
5. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)