|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) take the Bible as their basis
(b) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(c) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
(d) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
2. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) the elderly
(b) people who have been exposed to Christianity
(c) young Christians
(d) lifelong Christians
3. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(a) massive numbers
(d) personal contact
4. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(b) non-Christian denomination
(d) Christian denomination
5. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) the traditional Christian interpretation
(d) the Seventh Day Adventists
6. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
(b) God the Prophet
(c) God the Father
7. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
8. Which one of the following is not a part of Martin's proposed plan?
(a) specialized literature
(b) research project
(c) legal action against the cults
(d) computer retrival system
9. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) the Son of God
(b) an archangel
(c) a god among many gods
(d) a hoax
10. Many of these cults ____________________________.
(a) present the orthodox Christian view
(b) make promises they can't keep
(c) disseminate literature without their true name
(d) properly represent themselves
11. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) is a recruitment document
(b) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(c) is the traditional Christian Bible
(d) contains all of Moon's teachings
12. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(d) the American Southwest
13. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) man is inherently divine
(b) all is one and all is God
(c) all truths are absolute
(d) all things are divine
14. The Holy Book of Islam is the _____________.
(d) Divine Principle
15. The Unification Church appeals mainly to ___________________________.
(a) the elderly
(b) educated middle class youth
(c) all age groups and income classes
(d) middle-aged people
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the message of the Gospels, many of the cults ____________________________________.
2. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
3. Educational efforts must include all but one of the following:
4. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
5. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)