|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
(a) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(b) Rev. Sun Myung Moon
(c) Bhagwan Shree Ranjneesh
(d) Mararishi Makesh Yogic
2. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(a) the traditional Christian interpretation
(c) the Seventh Day Adventists
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses
3. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
(a) negotiating with the cults
(b) ignoring the cults
(d) taking legal action against the cults
4. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) the theology contains half-truths
(b) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
(c) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(d) the theology in anti-Trinity
5. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
(b) John the Baptist
(c) St. Peter
(d) King David
6. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was founded by William Miller
(b) was the result of three segments of Millerism
(c) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) was the result of two segments of Millerism
7. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
(b) Christian Scientists
(c) Unification Church
8. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) the Bible of Adventism
(b) Divine Proposals
(c) The Doctrinal Manifest
(d) questions on Doctrine
9. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
(a) none of these
(c) the new year
(d) the Aquarian Age
10. What is God's spiritual law according to the Worldwide Church of God?
(a) the rules of the Worldwide Church of God
(b) the Bible
(c) the Ten Commandments
(d) the Torah
11. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(a) consisting of one god
(c) consisting of three gods
12. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) ignored Christian theology
(b) traditional Christian theology
(c) complemented Christian theology
(d) contrary to Christian theology
13. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
(b) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
(c) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
(d) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
14. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
(a) the body is not important
(b) material and spiritual
(c) material only
(d) spiritual only
15. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(c) the American Southwest
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
2. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
3. Many of these cults ____________________________.
4. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
5. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)