|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of these cults ____________________________.
(a) present the orthodox Christian view
(b) disseminate literature without their true name
(c) make promises they can't keep
(d) properly represent themselves
2. Swedenborg viewed Jesus Christ as _____________________.
(a) an archangel
(b) a member of the Trinity
(c) the Savior
3. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) radio evangelism
(b) television evangelism
(c) personal evangelism
(d) ignoring evangelism
4. Young converts to Christianity are the targets of _____________________.
(b) Hari Krishnas
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) Unification Church
5. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
(a) Divine Principle
6. The Hari Krishna cult was founded in _________________.
(a) Bombay, India
(b) Poona, India
(c) New York, New York
(d) London, England
7. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(b) the American Southwest
8. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) mind control and brainwashing
(b) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(c) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(d) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
9. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) they like to do drugs
(b) it is a means of escape
(c) to be closer to God
(d) they need to relax
10. Rosicrucian theology is based on ___________________________.
(a) a world with seven sections
(b) three worlds
(c) five worlds
(d) one world
11. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) complemented Christian theology
(b) contrary to Christian theology
(c) traditional Christian theology
(d) ignored Christian theology
12. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(a) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(b) other cults
13. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(b) consisting of three gods
(d) consisting of one god
14. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) the elderly
(b) lifelong Christians
(c) people who have been exposed to Christianity
(d) young Christians
15. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
(b) the Holy Spirit
(d) the reincarnation wheel
Short Answer Questions
1. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
2. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
3. The Divine Principle _________________________.
4. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
5. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)