|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(b) the Bible
(c) the Koran
(d) the Torah
2. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________.
(a) rejects Christian doctrine
(b) accepts parts of Christian doctrine
(c) accepts Christian scripture
(d) uses its own doctrine to replace Christian doctrine
3. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
(b) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
(c) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
(d) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
4. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
5. The Unification Church appeals mainly to ___________________________.
(a) the elderly
(b) middle-aged people
(c) all age groups and income classes
(d) educated middle class youth
6. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
7. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
(a) all prior norms and traditions are repudiated
(b) Christianity is the basis of Ranjneeschism
(c) man must adhere to strict rules
(d) man must follow the rules of the Vedas
8. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
(a) equal in status to Allah
(b) the founder of a sect
(c) the God of Islam
(d) the prophet of Allah
9. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) take the Bible as their basis
(b) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(c) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
(d) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
10. The Rosicrucian Fellowship is _____________________---.
(a) a Christian scholarship
(b) a collection of cults
(c) a Christian denomination
(d) one cult
11. Islam is _________________________.
(a) a non-Christian cult
(b) a major world non-Christian religion
(c) a Christian cult
(d) a major world Christian religion
12. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) the theology contains half-truths
(b) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(c) the theology in anti-Trinity
(d) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
13. Evangelists _____________________________.
(a) publicly preach the world of God
(b) discuss world events
(c) prophesy the future
(d) engage in intense research
14. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(b) massive numbers
(d) personal contact
15. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
(a) St. Peter
(b) John the Baptist
(c) King David
Short Answer Questions
1. What is God's spiritual law according to the Worldwide Church of God?
2. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
3. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
4. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
5. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)