|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Charles Taze Russell
(b) Charles Fillmore
(c) Joseph Smith
(d) Herbert W. Armstrong
2. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(a) consisting of one god
(c) consisting of three gods
3. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(b) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(c) other cults
4. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) it is a means of escape
(b) they need to relax
(c) to be closer to God
(d) they like to do drugs
5. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
(c) God the Prophet
(d) God the Father
6. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
(b) mankind must save itself
(c) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(d) there is no Trinity
7. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
8. What is God's spiritual law according to the Worldwide Church of God?
(a) the Torah
(b) the Ten Commandments
(c) the Bible
(d) the rules of the Worldwide Church of God
9. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(a) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
(b) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
10. Regarding the message of the Gospels, many of the cults ____________________________________.
(a) state where they differ from the orthodox interpretation
(b) misinterpret or twist the message of the Gospels
(c) offer a strict orthodox interpretation
(d) ignore the Gospels
11. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) L. Ron Hubbard
12. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) an ordinary man
(b) the Gnostic Jesus
(c) a physical God
(d) the Jesus of the Bible
13. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(a) non-Christian denomination
(d) Christian denomination
14. Evangelists _____________________________.
(a) publicly preach the world of God
(b) prophesy the future
(c) engage in intense research
(d) discuss world events
15. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
(a) the other Jesus
(b) there is no reference
(c) the Biblical Jesus
(d) the correct Jesus
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
2. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
3. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
4. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
5. What was not a New Age belief?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)