|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Swedengorg _____________________________.
(a) the Holy Spirit has equal status with Jehovah
(b) ignores the Holy Spirit
(c) rejects the Holy Spirit
(d) accepts the Holy Spirit as an equal member of the Trinity
2. Educational efforts must include all but one of the following:
(a) providing literature in different languages
(b) emphasize doctrine
(c) emphasize the Bible
(d) ignore doctrine
3. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) television evangelism
(b) personal evangelism
(c) ignoring evangelism
(d) radio evangelism
4. The Rosicrucian Fellowship is _____________________---.
(a) a collection of cults
(b) a Christian denomination
(c) one cult
(d) a Christian scholarship
5. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
6. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) The Doctrinal Manifest
(b) Divine Proposals
(c) questions on Doctrine
(d) the Bible of Adventism
7. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
(a) all prior norms and traditions are repudiated
(b) Christianity is the basis of Ranjneeschism
(c) man must follow the rules of the Vedas
(d) man must adhere to strict rules
8. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(b) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(c) other cults
9. Swedenborg viewed Jesus Christ as _____________________.
(b) an archangel
(c) a member of the Trinity
(d) the Savior
10. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
11. The Bible of the Unification Church is ______________________________.
(a) a book called Divine Principle
(b) they have no Bible
(c) they recognize any Christian Bible
(d) the King James version
12. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) mankind must save itself
(c) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(d) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
13. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(a) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
(b) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
14. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was founded by William Miller
(b) was the result of two segments of Millerism
(c) was the result of three segments of Millerism
(d) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
15. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) Charles Fillmore
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) Herbert W. Armstrong
Short Answer Questions
1. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
2. Many of these cults ____________________________.
3. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
4. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
5. TM (Transcendental Meditation) is a _____________________________.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)