|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(b) the Bible
(c) the Torah
(d) the Koran
2. Which group will supply Bibles to almost anyone who wants one, in that person's own language?
(a) Christian Scientists
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) Theorophical Society
3. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
(b) there is a Trinity
(c) there is no Trinity
(d) there is no God
4. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
(b) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
(c) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
(d) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
5. Swedengorg _____________________________.
(a) rejects the Holy Spirit
(b) ignores the Holy Spirit
(c) the Holy Spirit has equal status with Jehovah
(d) accepts the Holy Spirit as an equal member of the Trinity
6. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
7. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) mankind must save itself
(b) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(c) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
(d) there is no Trinity
8. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
9. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
(a) symbolizes God
(b) is a symbol of man's evolutionary development
(c) has the same meaning as in orthodox Christianity
(d) symbolizes Christ
10. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
(a) spiritual only
(b) material and spiritual
(c) the body is not important
(d) material only
11. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) an ordinary man
(b) a physical God
(c) the Gnostic Jesus
(d) the Jesus of the Bible
12. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(b) personal contact
(c) massive numbers
13. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
(b) ignoring the cults
(c) negotiating with the cults
(d) taking legal action against the cults
14. Islam is _________________________.
(a) a Christian cult
(b) a major world Christian religion
(c) a major world non-Christian religion
(d) a non-Christian cult
15. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) they like to do drugs
(b) to be closer to God
(c) they need to relax
(d) it is a means of escape
Short Answer Questions
1. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
2. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
3. The Divine Principle _________________________.
4. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
5. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)