|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(d) the American Southwest
2. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________.
(a) accepts Christian scripture
(b) uses its own doctrine to replace Christian doctrine
(c) rejects Christian doctrine
(d) accepts parts of Christian doctrine
3. Evangelists _____________________________.
(a) engage in intense research
(b) prophesy the future
(c) publicly preach the world of God
(d) discuss world events
4. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
5. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(a) consisting of one god
(b) consisting of three gods
6. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
(b) St. Peter
(c) John the Baptist
(d) King David
7. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) lifelong Christians
(b) young Christians
(c) people who have been exposed to Christianity
(d) the elderly
8. Young converts to Christianity are the targets of _____________________.
(a) Hari Krishnas
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) Unification Church
9. Which group will supply Bibles to almost anyone who wants one, in that person's own language?
(b) Christian Scientists
(c) Theorophical Society
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses
10. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) traditional Christian theology
(b) contrary to Christian theology
(c) complemented Christian theology
(d) ignored Christian theology
11. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) Divine Proposals
(b) The Doctrinal Manifest
(c) questions on Doctrine
(d) the Bible of Adventism
12. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
(a) the Sabbath
(b) the Spirit of Prophecy
(c) no Trinity
(d) the Sanctuary
13. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(b) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
(c) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(d) mind control and brainwashing
14. The Unification Church appeals mainly to ___________________________.
(a) all age groups and income classes
(b) educated middle class youth
(c) the elderly
(d) middle-aged people
15. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(a) the Torah
(b) the Koran
(d) the Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. The highest level is ruled by ___________________________.
2. Many of these cults ____________________________.
3. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
4. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
5. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)