|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
(a) adherence to strict orthodox Christianity
(b) the theology in anti-Trinity
(c) the theology borrows from that of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons
(d) the theology contains half-truths
2. The explanation of the doctrines of Adventism is contained in ___________________.
(a) Divine Proposals
(b) The Doctrinal Manifest
(c) questions on Doctrine
(d) the Bible of Adventism
3. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
(b) Divine Principle
4. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(a) the Torah
(c) the Koran
(d) the Bible
5. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
(a) Christian Scientists
(c) Unification Church
6. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(a) non-Christian denomination
(c) Christian denomination
7. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) an ordinary man
(b) the Gnostic Jesus
(c) the Jesus of the Bible
(d) a physical God
8. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(a) personal contact
(b) massive numbers
9. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Joseph Smith
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) L. Ron Hubbard
10. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) open honest recruitment
(b) no recruitment
(c) recruitment by word of mouth
(d) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
11. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(d) the American Southwest
12. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(b) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
(c) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
13. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
14. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) a god among many gods
(b) the Son of God
(c) a hoax
(d) an archangel
15. Educational efforts must include all but one of the following:
(a) ignore doctrine
(b) providing literature in different languages
(c) emphasize doctrine
(d) emphasize the Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Swedenborg viewed Jesus Christ as _____________________.
2. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
3. Many of these cults ____________________________.
4. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
5. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)