|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Islam is _________________________.
(a) a non-Christian cult
(b) a Christian cult
(c) a major world Christian religion
(d) a major world non-Christian religion
2. According to the Bible, __________________________________.
(a) the Bible can be interpreted in any way
(b) Satan is the motivator of the cults
(c) there is no such thing as a misinterpretation
(d) there are no references
3. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) contains all of Moon's teachings
(b) is the traditional Christian Bible
(c) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(d) is a recruitment document
4. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
5. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(b) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
(c) there is no Trinity
(d) mankind must save itself
6. Which group will supply Bibles to almost anyone who wants one, in that person's own language?
(a) Theorophical Society
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) Christian Scientists
7. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
8. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) all is one and all is God
(b) all truths are absolute
(c) all things are divine
(d) man is inherently divine
9. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) radio evangelism
(b) ignoring evangelism
(c) television evangelism
(d) personal evangelism
10. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(a) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
(b) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
11. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) an ordinary man
(b) the Jesus of the Bible
(c) a physical God
(d) the Gnostic Jesus
12. Regarding the message of the Gospels, many of the cults ____________________________________.
(a) state where they differ from the orthodox interpretation
(b) ignore the Gospels
(c) misinterpret or twist the message of the Gospels
(d) offer a strict orthodox interpretation
13. The Hari Krishna cult was founded in _________________.
(a) Poona, India
(b) Bombay, India
(c) New York, New York
(d) London, England
14. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses
(b) the Seventh Day Adventists
(d) the traditional Christian interpretation
15. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
(a) the Holy Spirit
(b) the reincarnation wheel
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of these cults ____________________________.
2. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
3. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
4. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
5. What is God's spiritual law according to the Worldwide Church of God?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)