|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) they like to do drugs
(b) they need to relax
(c) it is a means of escape
(d) to be closer to God
2. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
(a) there is no reference
(b) the Biblical Jesus
(c) the other Jesus
(d) the correct Jesus
3. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(b) Christian denomination
(c) non-Christian denomination
4. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) the Son of God
(b) an archangel
(c) a hoax
(d) a god among many gods
5. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(b) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(c) mind control and brainwashing
(d) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
6. Educational efforts must include all but one of the following:
(a) emphasize the Bible
(b) emphasize doctrine
(c) providing literature in different languages
(d) ignore doctrine
7. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
(b) the new year
(c) the Aquarian Age
(d) none of these
8. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
(a) Unification Church
(d) Christian Scientists
9. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) contrary to Christian theology
(b) ignored Christian theology
(c) complemented Christian theology
(d) traditional Christian theology
10. Rosicrucian theology is based on ___________________________.
(a) three worlds
(b) one world
(c) five worlds
(d) a world with seven sections
11. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
(a) personal evangelism
(b) television evangelism
(c) ignoring evangelism
(d) radio evangelism
12. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) all things are divine
(b) all truths are absolute
(c) man is inherently divine
(d) all is one and all is God
13. Many of these cults ____________________________.
(a) properly represent themselves
(b) make promises they can't keep
(c) disseminate literature without their true name
(d) present the orthodox Christian view
14. The Worldwide Church of God was founded by ______________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) Herbert W. Armstrong
(c) Charles Taze Russell
(d) Charles Fillmore
15. Evangelists _____________________________.
(a) publicly preach the world of God
(b) prophesy the future
(c) engage in intense research
(d) discuss world events
Short Answer Questions
1. Young converts to Christianity are the targets of _____________________.
2. Swedenborg viewed Jesus Christ as _____________________.
3. Herbert W. Armstrong claimed to be a descendant of ________________________.
4. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
5. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)