|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
2. The Mormons believe that Jesus is ______________________________.
(a) an archangel
(b) the Son of God
(c) a hoax
(d) a god among many gods
3. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(b) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
(c) take the Bible as their basis
(d) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
4. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) to be closer to God
(b) it is a means of escape
(c) they like to do drugs
(d) they need to relax
5. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) a plan to aid the cults
(b) the plan to end cults
(c) promotion of evangelizing cults
(d) a methodology to control cults
6. The Mormon missionary approach emphasizes the need for ______________.
7. The Rosicrucian cross ________________________________.
(a) is a symbol of man's evolutionary development
(b) symbolizes Christ
(c) symbolizes God
(d) has the same meaning as in orthodox Christianity
8. The supreme being of Islam is called ________________________.
(a) God the Prophet
(b) God the Father
9. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
(a) allowing its members to exercise free choice
(b) mind control and brainwashing
(c) practicing strict adherence of Christian principles
(d) fostering dialogue among religious scholars
10. In the book, these perversions result in what the author refers to as _______________________-.
(a) the other Jesus
(b) there is no reference
(c) the correct Jesus
(d) the Biblical Jesus
11. Which group will supply Bibles to almost anyone who wants one, in that person's own language?
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses
(b) Theorophical Society
(c) Christian Scientists
12. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
(a) equal in status to Allah
(b) the founder of a sect
(c) the God of Islam
(d) the prophet of Allah
13. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
(b) no recruitment
(c) recruitment by word of mouth
(d) open honest recruitment
14. Swedenborg presented his theories in a number of books which were ____________________________.
(a) traditional Christian theology
(b) ignored Christian theology
(c) complemented Christian theology
(d) contrary to Christian theology
15. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
(a) negotiating with the cults
(c) ignoring the cults
(d) taking legal action against the cults
Short Answer Questions
1. Swedenborg viewed Jesus Christ as _____________________.
2. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
3. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
4. The purpose of conferences of cults includes all but one of the following:
5. The Divine Principle _________________________.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)