|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Divine Principle _________________________.
(a) is a recruitment document
(b) is based on orthodox Christian interpretations of the Bible
(c) is the traditional Christian Bible
(d) contains all of Moon's teachings
2. Millerism was based on the Book of __________________.
3. Regarding evangelism, there must be ___________________________.
(a) personal contact
(d) massive numbers
4. The highest level is ruled by ___________________________.
(a) various gods
(c) Jesus Christ
(d) a universal spirit
5. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
(a) Mirza Ali Muhammad
(b) Rev. Sun Myung Moon
(c) Bhagwan Shree Ranjneesh
(d) Mararishi Makesh Yogic
6. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________.
(a) accepts parts of Christian doctrine
(b) rejects Christian doctrine
(c) accepts Christian scripture
(d) uses its own doctrine to replace Christian doctrine
7. In Islam, Muhammad is ______________________.
(a) the founder of a sect
(b) the God of Islam
(c) equal in status to Allah
(d) the prophet of Allah
8. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
(a) the plan to end cults
(b) a methodology to control cults
(c) promotion of evangelizing cults
(d) a plan to aid the cults
9. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(b) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
(c) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
(d) take the Bible as their basis
10. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) mankind must save itself
(b) there is no Trinity
(c) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
(d) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
11. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(a) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(c) other cults
12. Swedengorg _____________________________.
(a) accepts the Holy Spirit as an equal member of the Trinity
(b) the Holy Spirit has equal status with Jehovah
(c) rejects the Holy Spirit
(d) ignores the Holy Spirit
13. The Hari Krishna cult was founded in _________________.
(a) New York, New York
(b) Poona, India
(c) Bombay, India
(d) London, England
14. One of the factors that assists cults is __________________________________________.
(a) orthodox Christianity funds the evangelism of the cults
(b) orthodox Christianity ignores the cults
(c) orthodox Christianity doesn't instit on its doctrine
(d) orthodox Christianity is ignoring doctrine in sermons
15. Which of the following is not a sect of modern Islam?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Unification Chruch has been accused of _________________________________.
2. The emphasis today is shifting from mass evangelism to ___________________________.
3. Criticisms of the theology of the Worldwide church of God include all but one of the following:
4. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
5. Which is not a founding doctrine of Adventism?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)