|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cults are most effective among ____________________________.
(a) people who have been exposed to Christianity
(b) lifelong Christians
(c) the elderly
(d) young Christians
2. According to the teachings of the Worldwide Church of God, _____________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) mankind must save itself
(c) the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal
(d) the concept of Trinity is the same as in orthodox Christianity
3. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
(a) man must follow the rules of the Vedas
(b) Christianity is the basis of Ranjneeschism
(c) all prior norms and traditions are repudiated
(d) man must adhere to strict rules
4. Hinduism comes primarily from __________________.
(d) the American Southwest
5. In Swedenborgism, what are the kinds of bodies?
(a) the body is not important
(b) spiritual only
(c) material and spiritual
(d) material only
6. What was not a New Age belief?
(a) all things are divine
(b) man is inherently divine
(c) all is one and all is God
(d) all truths are absolute
7. The New Age movements has its roots in the _________________.
(a) Divine Principle
8. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
(a) are proponents of orthodox Christianity
(b) take the Bible as their basis
(c) are compliments of orthodox Christianity
(d) are rivals of orthodox Christianity
9. TM (Transcendental Meditation) is a _____________________________.
(a) form of yoga and spiritual practice
(b) form of religious worship
(c) based on Vishnuite Hinduism
(d) based on Shivaite Hinduism
10. The Hindu scriptures are known as the ________________.
(a) the Koran
(b) the Bible
(d) the Torah
11. All but one of the following are problems when an orthodox Christian encounters a cult evangelist:
(b) lack of education and knowledge of orthodox Christianity
(d) ability to intelligently discuss doctrine
12. Muhammad is ranked in importance equal to ________________________.
(a) Joseph Smith
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) L. Ron Hubbard
(d) Charles Taze Russell
13. The business practices of the Unification Church, especially regarding recruitment, include ________________________________.
(a) multiple pseudonyms or anonymous recruitment
(b) open honest recruitment
(c) no recruitment
(d) recruitment by word of mouth
14. The purpose of conferences of cults includes all but one of the following:
(a) sharing information to avoid duplication of effots
(b) providing information
(c) proposing legal action
(d) developing a united approach in the battle against cults
15. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
(c) consisting of three gods
(d) consisting of one god
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bible of the Unification Church is ______________________________.
2. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
3. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
4. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
5. Jehovah's Witnesses view Jesus ____________________________.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)