|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the beliefs of Ranjneeschism, ______________________________.
(a) man must adhere to strict rules
(b) Christianity is the basis of Ranjneeschism
(c) man must follow the rules of the Vedas
(d) all prior norms and traditions are repudiated
2. The Hari Krishna cult was founded in _________________.
(a) Bombay, India
(b) London, England
(c) New York, New York
(d) Poona, India
3. Why do New Age cultists practice consciousness altering?
(a) to be closer to God
(b) they like to do drugs
(c) it is a means of escape
(d) they need to relax
4. The group that is well funded and very active in South America and Africa is the _________________.
(a) Christian Scientists
(c) Unification Church
5. The Seventh Day Advents are a _____________________.
(a) Christian denomination
(b) non-Christian denomination
6. Evangelists _____________________________.
(a) discuss world events
(b) publicly preach the world of God
(c) prophesy the future
(d) engage in intense research
7. The Rosicrucian Fellowship is _____________________---.
(a) a Christian denomination
(b) a Christian scholarship
(c) a collection of cults
(d) one cult
8. Many smaller cults that have come into being since the 1960s, find their roots in __________________.
9. Who is the biggest adversary of the cult evangelist?
(a) the orthodox Christian evangelist
(c) other cults
10. The form of Biblical interpretation promoted by the Worldwide Church of God is based on __________________________.
(a) the traditional Christian interpretation
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) the Seventh Day Adventists
11. The New Age cult refers to ________________________.
(a) none of these
(b) the Aquarian Age
(c) the new year
12. Swedengorg _____________________________.
(a) ignores the Holy Spirit
(b) rejects the Holy Spirit
(c) accepts the Holy Spirit as an equal member of the Trinity
(d) the Holy Spirit has equal status with Jehovah
13. Which of the following is not a part of Rosicrucian beliefs:
14. Seventh Day Adventism ______________________________.
(a) was the result of three segments of Millerism
(b) was founded by William Miller
(c) was the result of two segments of Millerism
(d) was an offshoot of Jehovah's Witnesses
15. To the New Age cultist, __________________________________.
(a) there is no Trinity
(b) there is no God
(c) there is a Trinity
(d) God is an impersonal consciousness and power
Short Answer Questions
1. Swedenborgism views the Trinity as _________________________.
2. The Unification Church was founded by ______________________.
3. According to the New Age, what separates man from God?
4. Which of the following does not lead to the heavens?
5. All of the cults discussed in the book ______________________________-.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)