|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Recovery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Christian Science theology, Jesus Christ is ______________________.
(a) a physical God
(b) an ordinary man
(c) the Jesus of the Bible
(d) the Gnostic Jesus
2. The popularity of Spiritism is based on ___________________________-.
(a) it does not place heavy demands on its followers
(b) the continuity of life after death
(c) the antiquity of its practices gives it credibility
(d) it is an easy religion to practice
3. Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures _________________________.
(a) became a bestseller
(b) explained Mrs. Eddy's philosophy
(c) contained many plagiarisms
(d) contained the truths of Mind Science
4. Isolationism is a ________________________.
(a) Goal of Christianity
(b) Rejected by cultists
(c) Practiced by Christians
(d) Psychological trait of cult members
5. One of the major components of the plan proposed by Walter Martin is __________________.
(a) taking legal action against the cults
(c) negotiating with the cults
(d) ignoring the cults
Short Answer Questions
1. Until 1952, Hubbard's movement was known as _________________.
2. Unitarianism, compared to orthodox Christian practices, is _________________________.
3. The theology of Spiritism is based on _________________________________.
4. The purpose of the chapter, The Road to Recovery, includes all but one of the following:
5. The Jehovah's Witnesses are headquartered in ____________________________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)