The Kingdom of the Cults
* A cult is a religious group of people that meet for a specific reason.
* The purpose of the book is to study and evaluate cults.
* Cults represent a growing trend away from established Christian practices and doctrines.
* The goal is to teach people how to deal with and evaluate cults.
Scaling The Language Barrier
* The new vocabulary has led to an interpretation of terms that cults use to justify their own existence.
* As a result of the new vocabulary, traditional Christians and cultists are basically speaking different languages.
* Cults are based on taking terms from the Bible out of context.
* Many Christians don't understand why cultists will agree with quotes from the Bible.
The Psychological Structure of Cultism
* Cultists share certain psychological traits.
* Traits common to all cults are closed-mindedness, personal antagonism toward those that don't accept their cult beliefs, and isolationism.
This section contains 1,830 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)