Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Abigail's relationship with her husband from her perspective. Be certain to discuss how her opinion of him changes.
Essay Topic 2
The Providence River is mentioned three times within the first six pages. Discuss the possible significance of the river in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss William's excitement at the "game" of finding a still in the swamp. Why would this bring about a change in his behavior?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)