|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the effects of the Depression on the Howland family.
Essay Topic 2
Identify five examples of racial tension in "The Keepers of the House," and analyze them.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the author means by "keep your heart ticking under the sheltering arches of your ribs."
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)