|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
2. Where did William find a mouse nest?
3. With whom does Ramona live?
4. What does Margaret do with the fruit she finds in the woods around the Howland home?
5. How many children do William and Margaret have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
2. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
3. How did Margaret's parents meet?
4. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
5. What are death gifts, and what happens if you touch one?
6. Describe Somerset County.
7. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
8. What does Abigail remember about family vacations?
9. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
10. Describe the Howland kitchen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Abigail's relationship with her husband from her perspective. Be certain to discuss how her opinion of him changes.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what the author means by "keep your heart ticking under the sheltering arches of your ribs."
Essay Topic 3
Has Margaret ever felt love in her life? If so, from whom? How is this love demonstrated? If a child doesn't feel love, what can be the result?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)