Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
In "The Keepers of the House," there are two Abigail books. One is the shortest book, and the other is the largest. Compare and contrast the purpose of these two books in this novel.
Describe what the author means by "keep your heart ticking under the sheltering arches of your ribs."
In reciting the history of the Howlands, deaths are treated matter-of-factly and with little emotion. While the scene of Lorena's death carries little emotion, it is described with great detail. Why is this significant?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)