|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What train runs from Atlanta to Madison City?
2. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
3. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
4. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
5. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why, in your opinion, that the author jumps from the beginning of William and Margaret's relationship to the fact that "She bore him five children, all told. Three of them lives, two girls and a boy." Why is more of their relationship not shown to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
In reciting the history of the Howlands, deaths are treated matter-of-factly and with little emotion. While the scene of Lorena's death carries little emotion, it is described with great detail. Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the first section, Abigail admits that if she were to be honest, she would wish that Robert weren't alive. Discuss this statement. Does this make Abigail evil?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)