Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the effects of the Depression on the Howland family.
Essay Topic 2
In the first section of the book, the reader is introduced to Abigail. Although no specifics are given, it's evident that Abigail has been through a lot. Describe Abigail's mood. What in the first section helps you arrive at your conclusions?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of naming a child after a parent, in particular, naming sons after their fathers? When William Marshal Howland has a son, he is named only William Howland with the explanation that "his mother having come from ordinary people with no feeling for their name." Is naming of children tied to class or status?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)