|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
2. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
3. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
4. Two African American children, six and seven years old, arrived at the Howland kitchen door on Sunday afternoon. What did everyone call these children?
5. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abigail knows that John has joined racist societies like the Ku Klux Klan and the Citizen's Council. At first she believes that it's just something he's required to do as a Southern man in power. Since he treats Margaret and Oliver nicely, she believes he isn't prejudiced. Discuss what prejudice is and what it looks like.
Essay Topic 2
Identify five examples of racial tension in "The Keepers of the House," and analyze them.
Essay Topic 3
Has Margaret ever felt love in her life? If so, from whom? How is this love demonstrated? If a child doesn't feel love, what can be the result?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)