|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
2. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
3. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
4. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
5. Ramona hunts through an armoire until she finds _________ for Margaret.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
2. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
3. Describe Somerset County.
4. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
5. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
6. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
7. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
8. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
9. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
10. How did Margaret's parents meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Margaret defers to Ramona, another servant, by accepting the worst of the bedding and addressing her with "Yes'm."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Abigail's relationship with her husband from her perspective. Be certain to discuss how her opinion of him changes.
Essay Topic 3
Abigail knows that John has joined racist societies like the Ku Klux Klan and the Citizen's Council. At first she believes that it's just something he's required to do as a Southern man in power. Since he treats Margaret and Oliver nicely, she believes he isn't prejudiced. Discuss what prejudice is and what it looks like.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)