Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of naming a child after a parent, in particular, naming sons after their fathers? When William Marshal Howland has a son, he is named only William Howland with the explanation that "his mother having come from ordinary people with no feeling for their name." Is naming of children tied to class or status?
Essay Topic 2
In "The Keepers of the House," there are two Abigail books. One is the shortest book, and the other is the largest. Compare and contrast the purpose of these two books in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
The Providence River is mentioned three times within the first six pages. Discuss the possible significance of the river in the story.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)