|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
2. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
3. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
4. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
5. Who is Abigail referring to when she says, "He was as courtly as a planter out of a novel"?
Essay Topic 1
In reciting the history of the Howlands, deaths are treated matter-of-factly and with little emotion. While the scene of Lorena's death carries little emotion, it is described with great detail. Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Has Margaret ever felt love in her life? If so, from whom? How is this love demonstrated? If a child doesn't feel love, what can be the result?
Essay Topic 3
Identify five examples of racial tension in "The Keepers of the House," and analyze them.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)