|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) She should move North.
(b) She should go find her mother.
(c) It is time to have a child.
(d) This is her last year to make this move.
2. Why is Abigail away from home for almost a year?
(a) Hiding her from her father.
(b) Margaret is mourning due to two miscarriages.
(c) A flood takes away the home, which has to be rebuilt.
(d) Her grandfather and Margaret take Abigail's mother to a tuberculosis sanitarium.
3. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
(a) Talking in dialect.
(b) Carrying babies on your hip.
(c) Sagging diaper.
(d) Acting arrogant.
4. When does Abigail tell her grandfather that she's getting married?
(a) After the spring semester.
(b) One weekend in March.
(c) During the Easter holiday.
(d) Immediately before spring finals.
5. Where did William find a mouse nest?
(a) On the top bookshelf.
(b) In the kitchen pantry.
(c) In a china tureen at the top of a closet.
(d) In the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the youngest of Margaret's children?
2. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
3. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
4. Why is Abigail expelled from college?
5. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)