|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
(a) Water snake.
(d) Swamp snake.
2. What is the flowered cloth that Margaret is sewing from?
(a) Old sheets.
(b) An old dress belonging to William's wife.
(c) Material purchased for curtains.
(d) Something that Ramona gives her.
3. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
4. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
(c) Hoop snake.
5. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) It is time to have a child.
(b) This is her last year to make this move.
(c) She should go find her mother.
(d) She should move North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ramona hunts through an armoire until she finds _________ for Margaret.
2. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
3. Where does Abigail go on vacation after graduating from high school?
4. Who is Robert Stokes?
5. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the only act of affection between her grandfather and Margaret that Abigail witnesses.
2. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
3. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
4. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
5. How long does the great-grandmother's funeral last?
6. Describe the Howland kitchen.
7. How did Margaret's parents meet?
8. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
9. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
10. Describe Somerset County.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)