|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
(a) A family of cats.
(b) Basket of fruit.
(c) A recently painted rocking chair.
(d) Pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
2. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
3. Whose job is it to water the garden in Margaret's family?
(a) The youngest child.
(c) Abner Carmichael.
(d) The great-grandmother.
4. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Stokes?
2. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. What does Margaret eat from the streams?
5. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret behave after her children leave for boarding school?
2. What does Abigail remember about Robert as a child?
3. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
4. Describe the only act of affection between her grandfather and Margaret that Abigail witnesses.
5. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
6. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
7. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
8. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
9. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
10. Describe Somerset County.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)