|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
(a) Swamp snake.
(c) Water snake.
2. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) The Howlands.
(b) No one.
(d) Husband and daughter.
3. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
(a) A swamp.
(b) Hundreds of snakes.
(d) An Indian cemetery.
4. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
(a) She's in labor.
(b) She has appendicitis.
(c) She has been bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) She's in mourning.
5. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Rupert Brooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
2. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
3. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
4. With whom does Abigail drive off after her near drowning?
5. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
2. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
3. What is the story of the hoop snake?
4. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
5. How does Margaret behave after her children leave for boarding school?
6. Describe the only act of affection between her grandfather and Margaret that Abigail witnesses.
7. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
8. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
9. What does Abigail remember about Robert as a child?
10. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)