|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the flowered cloth that Margaret is sewing from?
(a) Something that Ramona gives her.
(b) An old dress belonging to William's wife.
(c) Old sheets.
(d) Material purchased for curtains.
2. When does Abigail tell her grandfather that she's getting married?
(a) One weekend in March.
(b) After the spring semester.
(c) Immediately before spring finals.
(d) During the Easter holiday.
3. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Washington, D.C.
4. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
5. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Stokes?
2. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. Who was the youngest of Margaret's children?
5. With whom does Ramona live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
2. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
3. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
4. What are death gifts, and what happens if you touch one?
5. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
6. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
7. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
8. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
9. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
10. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)