|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
2. How many children do William and Margaret have?
3. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(d) New Orleans.
4. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
(a) Abigail and Nina.
(b) Robert and Abigail.
(c) Crissy and Robert.
(d) Nina and Crissy.
5. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
(a) Madison City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves for boarding school the autumn after William's daughter dies?
2. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
3. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
4. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
5. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Howland kitchen.
2. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
3. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
4. What does Abigail remember about family vacations?
5. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
6. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
7. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
8. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
9. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
10. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)