|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
(a) A memorial dinner at the house.
(b) Gives a stained glass window to the Methodist church.
(c) He builds a new church building.
(d) A memorial at the church.
2. Who leaves for boarding school the autumn after William's daughter dies?
3. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
(a) A cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her great-grandmother.
4. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
5. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Rupert Brooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
2. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
4. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
5. What does Margaret pack her possessions in when she moves away from New Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
2. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
3. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
4. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
5. Describe the house that Margaret grows up in.
6. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
7. What does Abigail remember about Robert as a child?
8. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
9. What are death gifts, and what happens if you touch one?
10. Describe Somerset County.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)