|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do William and Margaret have?
2. What career does Robert have, and where is his first job?
(a) Banker; Philadelphia.
(b) Doctor; Los Angeles.
(c) Architect; Chicago.
(d) Engineer; San Francisco.
3. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
(a) Old Cedar.
(b) Madison City.
(c) Twin Fawns.
(d) New Church.
4. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
(a) A persimmon.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A snakeskin.
(d) A piggy back ride.
5. Where does Margaret see her grandmother's spirit immediately after the funeral?
(a) A grove of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ramona hunts through an armoire until she finds _________ for Margaret.
2. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
3. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
4. Who is Robert Stokes?
5. In what city does Robert first attend boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the only act of affection between her grandfather and Margaret that Abigail witnesses.
2. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
3. What is the story of the hoop snake?
4. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
5. Describe Somerset County.
6. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
7. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
8. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
9. Why does it take so long for John to contact Abigail and ask her out for a second date. Describe their dates.
10. How did Margaret's parents meet?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)