|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do William and Margaret have?
2. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
3. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
4. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What train runs from Atlanta to Madison City?
2. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
3. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
4. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
5. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret take with her when she moves from New Church to the Howland estate?
2. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
3. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
4. What is the story of the hoop snake?
5. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
6. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
7. Explain why the townspeople are angry at the grandfather for not bringing his daughter's body home for burial from Santa Fe?
8. Describe the house that Margaret grows up in.
9. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
10. How long does the great-grandmother's funeral last?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)