|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret pack her possessions in when she moves away from New Church?
(a) Old bag.
(d) Old shirt.
2. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
3. In February, John calls Abigail to ask her out. On their date, a jukebox is playing. What is the first song they heard from it?
(a) Glory of Love.
(b) Long Gone Lonesome Blues.
(c) Mona Lisa.
(d) Please Send Me Someone To Love.
4. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
(a) Cousin Kate.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(d) Abner Carmichael.
5. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
(a) She has appendicitis.
(b) She has been bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) She's in mourning.
(d) She's in labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
2. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
3. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
4. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
5. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house that Margaret grows up in.
2. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
3. What is the story of the hoop snake?
4. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
5. Describe the only act of affection between her grandfather and Margaret that Abigail witnesses.
6. Why does it take so long for John to contact Abigail and ask her out for a second date. Describe their dates.
7. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
8. What does Abigail remember about family vacations?
9. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
10. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)