|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(b) New Orleans.
2. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) John Tolliver.
(d) Her father.
3. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
(a) She doesn't know where her husband is.
(b) She is in so much pain.
(c) She doesn't have a son.
(d) She can't get to the hospital.
4. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) No one.
(c) The Howlands.
(d) Husband and daughter.
5. As a girl, where does Margaret go on winter mornings?
(b) By the stove.
(c) Stays in bed.
(d) Hollow tree trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
2. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
3. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
4. Where does Margaret see her grandmother's spirit immediately after the funeral?
5. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)