|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
(a) Old Cedar.
(b) Madison City.
(c) New Church.
(d) Twin Fawns.
2. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
(a) His presence.
(c) Bitter grass.
(d) The long walk.
3. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) It is time to have a child.
(b) She should go find her mother.
(c) She should move North.
(d) This is her last year to make this move.
4. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
(a) On the porch.
(b) By her cousin's mule.
(c) On an island in the swamp.
(d) By her tomato plants.
5. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Wizard of Oz.
(d) Jo's Boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Abigail tell her grandfather that she's getting married?
2. Why is Abigail expelled from college?
3. What does Margaret eat from the streams?
4. What does Abigail's mother do with letters that arrive from her husband?
5. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Without medical help, one of the children could died from pneumonia. What do the Howlands do?
2. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
3. Why does it take so long for John to contact Abigail and ask her out for a second date. Describe their dates.
4. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
5. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
6. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
7. How did Margaret's parents meet?
8. Describe Somerset County.
9. How long does the great-grandmother's funeral last?
10. On moving to Madison City, what does Abigail recall being told about her mother.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)