|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abigail expelled from college?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Not checking in for curfew.
(c) Poor grades.
(d) She attends an elopement.
2. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
3. How many children do William and Margaret have?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
(a) Her great-grandmother.
5. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
2. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
3. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
4. What outlines the graves in New Church?
5. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Abigail's days like after she and John marry but before he finishes his last year of law school?
2. Describe the house that Margaret grows up in.
3. Describe the Howland kitchen.
4. What are Margaret's earliest memories?
5. What does Abigail remember about family vacations?
6. What does Margaret find in the Howland woods that she brings back to the house?
7. What's the story of Cousin Francine's marriages?
8. How did Margaret's parents meet?
9. How does Margaret know that spring has come in the Book of Margaret?
10. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)