Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(b) The cat.
(c) A screech owl.
2. When William is called to war, where does he go?
(b) Camp Martin in New Orleans.
(c) Camp Reynolds in Savannah.
3. In what direction has the sun set at the beginning of "The Keepers of the House"?
(a) The clouds keep Abigail from seeing the sun set.
(b) Due west.
4. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Cherokee rose branches.
(c) Wood for a new fence.
5. From where did the tomb builder come?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abigail was a child, who slept in the great tester bed in the south bedroom?
2. Whose shrieking does Abigail miss in the first Book of Abigail?
3. Where does William's daughter go to college?
4. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
5. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the land that William Marshall Howland claims.
2. Explain the term Freejack.
3. What is the reaction when William subscribes to the New York Tribune at his daughter's request?
4. What message does Abigail want the ladies at the tea to deliver to their husbands?
5. Describe Lorena Adams.
6. Describe the still that William eventually finds.
7. Describe the Howland tomb and its eventual use.
8. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
9. How does Margaret behave after her children leave for boarding school?
10. Describe Somerset County.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)