|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marge?
(a) William's middle child.
(b) Abigail's youngest child.
(c) Abigail's oldest child.
(d) William's wife.
2. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
3. What is a 'painter' as mentioned in the Book of William?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) An artist.
(c) A type of slave.
(d) Someone who paints barns.
4. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(b) Snow-covered peaks.
(c) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(d) Bare fields.
5. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
2. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
3. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
4. When William is called to war, where does he go?
5. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction when William subscribes to the New York Tribune at his daughter's request?
2. Describe how Margaret's family spend their time when the floods require that they move out of their home for three to four weeks.
3. What has survived the frost in the first section to Abigail's surprise and how?
4. How does William live his life after the death of his wife and son?
5. What is the appearance of the front yard in the first section/chapter?
6. Immediately after Lorena's death, what plants does William notice?
7. Describe Edward Delatte and how Abigail knows him.
8. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
9. How does Margaret behave after her children leave for boarding school?
10. What is the future gubernatorial candidate's real purpose in calling Abigail?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)