|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(b) Abigail's grandfather's.
(c) Abigail's daughter's.
(d) Abigail's mother's.
2. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
(a) He cleans his guns.
(b) He draws a map.
(c) He packs food.
(d) He buys a skiff.
3. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The light on the porch.
(b) The creeping night.
(c) Dryness of the skin.
(d) Water spilled onto the porch.
4. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
5. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(c) Small bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
2. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
3. Why are there no pictures of Lorena Adams Howland?
4. What are the names of Margaret's children?
5. Where does William's daughter go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the "ugly smears" in the sky in October in the first section?
2. Describe the still that William eventually finds.
3. What is the appearance of the front yard in the first section/chapter?
4. What does William Howland do for amusement while living in Atlanta?
5. Describe Abigail, William's daughter, as a child.
6. What are Abigail's younger children doing as she stands on the porch?
7. What has survived the frost in the first section to Abigail's surprise and how?
8. Why is the November evening so quiet and final?
9. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail remember of being a child in this house?
10. What delays William's trip into the swamp to find the Robertson's liquor still?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)