|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
2. What is likker?
(a) Alcohol made in stills in the South.
(b) A medicinal plant.
(c) A species of cotton.
(d) A type of hunting dog.
3. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
4. What is a 'painter' as mentioned in the Book of William?
(a) A type of slave.
(b) An artist.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) Someone who paints barns.
5. What is Abigail's son's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
2. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
3. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
4. When Abigail was a child, who slept in the great tester bed in the south bedroom?
5. How old is William when he thinks that he is old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the term Freejack.
2. What has survived the frost in the first section to Abigail's surprise and how?
3. What does Aimee Legendre Howland have a craving for, and how does she meet this craving?
4. What is the reaction when William subscribes to the New York Tribune at his daughter's request?
5. Describe Abigail, William's daughter, as a child.
6. How is the content of "The Keepers of the House" organized?
7. What memories does Abigail think of after she thinks the owl flies over the river?
8. What does the narrator say in the first section that indicates that she might be lonely?
9. What delays William's trip into the swamp to find the Robertson's liquor still?
10. Describe Lorena Adams.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)