|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
(a) Puts on a sweater.
(b) Turns on the porch light.
(d) Tells the children to wash for dinner.
2. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
(a) Howland Campbell.
(b) Gregory Mason.
(c) Mr. Bannister.
(d) Harry Armstrong.
3. What is Lorena diagnosed with three days after giving birth to a son?
(b) The fever.
4. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Providence River.
(b) Natchez River.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) Canadian River.
5. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
2. From where did the tomb builder come?
3. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
4. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
5. What did William give his daughter as a homecoming surprise after her first year of college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has survived the frost in the first section to Abigail's surprise and how?
2. What are Abigail's younger children doing as she stands on the porch?
3. What is Abigail's reasoning for watering the geraniums so late in the season?
4. Describe Abigail, William's daughter, as a child.
5. In addition to the month being stated, what other clues about the season is the reader given in the first paragraph?
6. Describe the Howland tomb and its eventual use.
7. What does William Howland do for amusement while living in Atlanta?
8. What does Aimee Legendre Howland have a craving for, and how does she meet this craving?
9. Why is the November evening so quiet and final?
10. What is the reaction when William subscribes to the New York Tribune at his daughter's request?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)