|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
(a) John, her husband.
2. When William comes across a still, the whiskey is aging in ______________.
(a) Oak kegs.
(b) Cedar kegs.
(c) Copper pot.
(d) Pine barrel.
3. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
(a) Madison City.
(b) Honey Island Swamp.
(c) Across Providence River.
(d) Near New Church.
4. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
5. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(d) Small bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
2. When William is called to war, where does he go?
3. How old is William when he thinks that he is old?
4. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
5. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has survived the frost in the first section to Abigail's surprise and how?
2. Describe the house that Margaret grows up in.
3. Abigail has two reasons for hiring a lawyer. What are they?
4. What does William Howland do for amusement while living in Atlanta?
5. Describe Edward Delatte and how Abigail knows him.
6. What memories does Abigail think of after she thinks the owl flies over the river?
7. What does Margaret's first bedroom at the Howland home look like?
8. What does the narrator say in the first section that indicates that she might be lonely?
9. Describe Lorena Adams.
10. What does Abigail remember about the first part of her life?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)