|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret eat from the streams?
(c) Wild watercress.
2. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(c) New Orleans.
3. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
(a) Crissy and Robert.
(b) Nina and Crissy.
(c) Robert and Abigail.
(d) Abigail and Nina.
4. What career does Robert have, and where is his first job?
(a) Banker; Philadelphia.
(b) Architect; Chicago.
(c) Engineer; San Francisco.
(d) Doctor; Los Angeles.
5. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
6. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
(a) His presence.
(b) Bitter grass.
(c) The long walk.
7. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) It is time to have a child.
(b) She should move North.
(c) This is her last year to make this move.
(d) She should go find her mother.
8. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
9. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) No one.
(b) Husband and daughter.
(c) The Howlands.
10. Where do John and Abigail go for their first date?
(a) Harris Pier.
(b) Cafe in the next county.
(c) Sammy Ray's Country Cooking.
(d) Chicken Shack & Roof Garden.
11. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Jack Tobias.
(b) Elfetha Harris.
(c) Grover Kent.
(d) Roger Ellis.
12. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
(a) A family of cats.
(b) Basket of fruit.
(c) A recently painted rocking chair.
(d) Pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
13. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
(a) Mussel and clamshells.
(c) River mud.
(d) Shells from nuts.
14. Where does Abigail go on vacation after graduating from high school?
(a) The West.
(d) New York City.
15. In what city does Robert first attend boarding school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
2. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
3. How many children do William and Margaret have?
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
5. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)