|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Abigail tell her grandfather that she's getting married?
(a) After the spring semester.
(b) One weekend in March.
(c) Immediately before spring finals.
(d) During the Easter holiday.
2. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
(a) Cousin Kate.
(b) Abner Carmichael.
(d) Aunt Mary.
3. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
(a) Carrying babies on your hip.
(b) Talking in dialect.
(c) Sagging diaper.
(d) Acting arrogant.
4. With whom does Ramona live?
(b) No one.
(c) Husband and daughter.
(d) The Howlands.
5. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
(a) Madison City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
6. What outlines the graves in New Church?
(a) White stone.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) China animals.
7. Who is Abigail referring to when she says, "He was as courtly as a planter out of a novel"?
(a) President of the university.
(b) John Tolliver.
(d) The governor.
8. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
(a) She is in so much pain.
(b) She doesn't have a son.
(c) She can't get to the hospital.
(d) She doesn't know where her husband is.
9. What is another name for Somerset County?
(a) Plantation Country.
(b) Robbers' Nation.
(c) Tolliver Nation.
(d) Cotton County.
10. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the water near the baptistry.
(c) In well water.
(d) In a washing machine in town.
11. Who is Robert Stokes?
12. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
13. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
14. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
(a) His presence.
(b) Bitter grass.
(c) The long walk.
15. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do the branches of the bluish white hickory tree make?
2. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
3. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
4. Why is Abigail expelled from college?
5. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)