|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
(a) Bourbon and water.
(b) Fresh milk.
(c) Whisky straight.
2. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Washington, D.C.
3. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
(a) She has appendicitis.
(b) She's in labor.
(c) She's in mourning.
(d) She has been bitten by a rattlesnake.
4. With whom does Ramona live?
(b) The Howlands.
(c) No one.
(d) Husband and daughter.
5. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Roger Ellis.
(b) Jack Tobias.
(c) Elfetha Harris.
(d) Grover Kent.
6. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Annie.
7. Who was the youngest of Margaret's children?
8. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
9. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
(a) In well water.
(b) In the water near the baptistry.
(c) In a washing machine in town.
(d) In the river.
10. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
(b) Her great-grandmother.
11. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
(a) She is in so much pain.
(b) She doesn't know where her husband is.
(c) She doesn't have a son.
(d) She can't get to the hospital.
12. Whose job is it to water the garden in Margaret's family?
(a) Abner Carmichael.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The great-grandmother.
13. Who is Robert Stokes?
14. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
(a) Swamp snake.
(b) Water snake.
15. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
(a) Acting arrogant.
(b) Sagging diaper.
(c) Talking in dialect.
(d) Carrying babies on your hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
2. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
3. As a girl, where does Margaret go on winter mornings?
4. In February, John calls Abigail to ask her out. On their date, a jukebox is playing. What is the first song they heard from it?
5. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)