|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
(c) Aunt Annie.
(d) Her father.
2. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
(a) Madison City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
3. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
4. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(b) New Orleans.
5. Who was the youngest of Margaret's children?
6. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
(a) Boot scraper shaped like two rabbits.
(b) Rinses off with well water.
(c) Cleans them in the river.
(d) Uses a stick to get the mud out.
7. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
(a) She is in so much pain.
(b) She doesn't have a son.
(c) She doesn't know where her husband is.
(d) She can't get to the hospital.
8. What does Abigail's mother do with letters that arrive from her husband?
(a) Reads them.
(b) Throws them into the fire.
(c) Cries over them.
(d) Rips them in half.
9. In what city does Robert first attend boarding school?
10. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
(a) Pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
(b) A recently painted rocking chair.
(c) Basket of fruit.
(d) A family of cats.
11. What career does Robert have, and where is his first job?
(a) Architect; Chicago.
(b) Engineer; San Francisco.
(c) Banker; Philadelphia.
(d) Doctor; Los Angeles.
12. What is the flowered cloth that Margaret is sewing from?
(a) Something that Ramona gives her.
(b) An old dress belonging to William's wife.
(c) Material purchased for curtains.
(d) Old sheets.
13. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
14. Where did William find a mouse nest?
(a) In the fireplace.
(b) In a china tureen at the top of a closet.
(c) In the kitchen pantry.
(d) On the top bookshelf.
15. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
(a) A memorial at the church.
(b) A memorial dinner at the house.
(c) Gives a stained glass window to the Methodist church.
(d) He builds a new church building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ramona hunts through an armoire until she finds _________ for Margaret.
2. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
3. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
4. What does Margaret eat from the streams?
5. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)