|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
(a) Abigail and Nina.
(b) Nina and Crissy.
(c) Crissy and Robert.
(d) Robert and Abigail.
2. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Rupert Brooks.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
4. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(d) New Orleans.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
6. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
(b) Fresh milk.
(c) Whisky straight.
(d) Bourbon and water.
7. What color is the swamp azalea in this book?
(a) Pink and white.
(b) Red and yellow.
(c) White and purple.
(d) Pink and red.
8. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
9. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
(a) John Tolliver.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
10. Whose job is it to water the garden in Margaret's family?
(a) The youngest child.
(b) Abner Carmichael.
(d) The great-grandmother.
11. Where does Margaret see her grandmother's spirit immediately after the funeral?
(a) A grove of trees.
12. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
13. What outlines the graves in New Church?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) White stone.
(c) China animals.
14. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
15. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) No one.
(b) Husband and daughter.
(d) The Howlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
2. What career does Robert have, and where is his first job?
3. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
4. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
5. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)