|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ramona hunts through an armoire until she finds _________ for Margaret.
(a) A bedsheet with a rip down the middle.
(c) The best of the bedsheets.
2. Where does Abigail go on vacation after graduating from high school?
(c) The West.
(d) New York City.
3. Who is Robert Stokes?
4. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
(c) Hoop snake.
5. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
(a) She doesn't have a son.
(b) She doesn't know where her husband is.
(c) She can't get to the hospital.
(d) She is in so much pain.
6. In February, John calls Abigail to ask her out. On their date, a jukebox is playing. What is the first song they heard from it?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) Long Gone Lonesome Blues.
(c) Glory of Love.
(d) Please Send Me Someone To Love.
7. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
8. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
9. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
10. Where does Margaret see her grandmother's spirit immediately after the funeral?
(b) A grove of trees.
11. What outlines the graves in New Church?
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) China animals.
(d) White stone.
12. Who was the youngest of Margaret's children?
13. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) The Howlands.
(b) Husband and daughter.
(c) No one.
14. What is the flowered cloth that Margaret is sewing from?
(a) Material purchased for curtains.
(b) An old dress belonging to William's wife.
(c) Old sheets.
(d) Something that Ramona gives her.
15. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) This is her last year to make this move.
(b) She should go find her mother.
(c) She should move North.
(d) It is time to have a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
2. What career does Robert have, and where is his first job?
3. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
4. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
5. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)