Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
(d) Hoop snake.
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. What does Margaret give to Little Matthew?
(a) A piggy back ride.
(b) A snakeskin.
(c) A persimmon.
(d) Her hat.
4. At one point during the grandmother's funeral, Margaret wishes she was _____________.
(d) Her great-grandmother.
5. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
6. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
(a) His presence.
(c) The long walk.
(d) Bitter grass.
7. As a girl, where does Margaret go on winter mornings?
(a) Hollow tree trunk.
(c) Stays in bed.
(d) By the stove.
8. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
(b) Her father.
(d) Aunt Annie.
9. Why is Katy moaning in the Book of Margaret?
(a) She has appendicitis.
(b) She's in mourning.
(c) She has been bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) She's in labor.
10. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
11. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) John Tolliver.
(c) Her father.
12. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
13. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
(a) In well water.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the water near the baptistry.
(d) In a washing machine in town.
14. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Grover Kent.
(b) Roger Ellis.
(c) Jack Tobias.
(d) Elfetha Harris.
15. What does Margaret pack her possessions in when she moves away from New Church?
(a) Old shirt.
(c) Old bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
2. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
3. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
4. Whose job is it to water the garden in Margaret's family?
5. Where did William find a mouse nest?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)