|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oliver lived with his sister by a big spring. What was the name of the spring?
(a) Little River.
(b) Cedar Creek.
(c) No-name Spring.
(d) Sobbing Woman.
2. Who attends Carnegie Tech?
3. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Rupert Brooks.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Jack Tobias.
(b) Grover Kent.
(c) Elfetha Harris.
(d) Roger Ellis.
5. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
(a) Sagging diaper.
(b) Acting arrogant.
(c) Talking in dialect.
(d) Carrying babies on your hip.
6. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
(a) Bourbon and water.
(b) Whisky straight.
(d) Fresh milk.
7. How old is Margaret when she learns the story of her father?
8. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
9. What does Margaret pack her possessions in when she moves away from New Church?
(c) Old bag.
(d) Old shirt.
10. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
(a) Hoop snake.
11. How does William honor his daughter after death in Wade County?
(a) He builds a new church building.
(b) Gives a stained glass window to the Methodist church.
(c) A memorial dinner at the house.
(d) A memorial at the church.
12. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
(a) Pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
(b) A recently painted rocking chair.
(c) A family of cats.
(d) Basket of fruit.
13. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
(a) Crissy and Robert.
(b) Nina and Crissy.
(c) Robert and Abigail.
(d) Abigail and Nina.
14. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
15. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret do with the fruit she finds in the woods around the Howland home?
2. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
3. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
4. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
5. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)