|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
3. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(b) The cat.
(d) A screech owl.
4. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(b) A mouse.
(c) A bird with a broken wing.
5. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
6. Who is Michael Campbell?
(a) William's cousin who is a doctor.
(b) The Madison City postmaster.
(c) William's cousin who is a lawyer.
(d) William's brother-in-law.
7. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
8. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
9. When William is called to war, where does he go?
(b) Camp Reynolds in Savannah.
(c) Camp Martin in New Orleans.
10. Who has fallen into a weaving of invisible threads at the beginning of the book?
11. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
(d) New Orleans.
12. What is the eye color of the last William Howland's eyes?
13. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(b) Rufus Matthews.
(d) Calvin Robertson.
14. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
(c) Black panther.
15. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
(d) John, her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did William Marshall Howland die?
2. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
3. What are the names of Margaret's children?
4. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
5. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)