|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marge?
(a) William's wife.
(b) Abigail's youngest child.
(c) Abigail's oldest child.
(d) William's middle child.
2. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
3. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
(a) The porch.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The water inside the watering tin.
(d) The river.
4. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
(a) His daughter, Abigail.
(c) His mother.
5. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
6. How old is William when he thinks that he is old?
7. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(a) Abigail's mother's.
(c) Abigail's daughter's.
(d) Abigail's grandfather's.
8. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
9. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(a) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
10. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
(a) Her great-grandfather.
(b) Her great-great-great grandfather.
(c) Her great-great-great-great-grandfather.
(d) Her great-great grandfather.
11. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
(b) John, her husband.
12. What had William hunted as a boy for a quarter for each skin?
13. Who has fallen into a weaving of invisible threads at the beginning of the book?
14. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) The servants.
(b) Her ex-husband's family.
(c) Margaret's children.
(d) The county.
15. What is Lorena diagnosed with three days after giving birth to a son?
(b) The fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
2. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
3. Where does William's daughter go to college?
4. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
5. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)