|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michael Campbell?
(a) William's cousin who is a lawyer.
(b) William's cousin who is a doctor.
(c) William's brother-in-law.
(d) The Madison City postmaster.
2. How did William Marshall Howland die?
(a) Killed in the Civil War.
(d) Murdered by five Indians.
3. What is the eye color of the last William Howland's eyes?
4. What is Lorena diagnosed with three days after giving birth to a son?
(a) The fever.
5. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
(a) Harry Armstrong.
(b) Gregory Mason.
(c) Howland Campbell.
(d) Mr. Bannister.
6. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
7. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
(d) Black panther.
8. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
9. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
(a) The house appears as it was.
(b) Her grandfather is still alive.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is dead.
10. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(c) Small bird.
11. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Providence River.
(b) Canadian River.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) Natchez River.
12. What is flying around the porch in the first chapter?
13. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(b) Calvin Robertson.
(c) Rufus Matthews.
14. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
15. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(c) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
2. What is trainasse?
3. Where does William's daughter go to college?
4. Who has fallen into a weaving of invisible threads at the beginning of the book?
5. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)