|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marge?
(a) William's wife.
(b) William's middle child.
(c) Abigail's oldest child.
(d) Abigail's youngest child.
2. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
(a) The water inside the watering tin.
(b) The porch.
(c) The river.
(d) The front yard.
3. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
4. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The Howland estate.
(b) November evenings.
(c) The river.
(d) The trees.
5. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) Natchez River.
(c) Canadian River.
(d) Providence River.
6. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
7. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Cherokee rose branches.
(d) Wood for a new fence.
8. From where did the tomb builder come?
9. What had William hunted as a boy for a quarter for each skin?
10. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
11. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
(c) Black panther.
12. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Bare fields.
(c) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(d) Snow-covered peaks.
13. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
(a) Mr. Bannister.
(b) Harry Armstrong.
(c) Gregory Mason.
(d) Howland Campbell.
14. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(a) Calvin Robertson.
(c) Rufus Matthews.
15. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
(a) He draws a map.
(b) He packs food.
(c) He buys a skiff.
(d) He cleans his guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
2. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
3. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
4. Who is best man at Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason?
5. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)