|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When William is called to war, where does he go?
(a) Camp Martin in New Orleans.
(c) Camp Reynolds in Savannah.
2. Where does William's daughter go to college?
(a) Mary Baldwin in Virginia.
(b) Agnes Scott College in Georgia.
(c) H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College in Louisiana.
(d) University of Montevallo in Alabama.
3. What is Abigail's son's name?
4. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
(a) Howland Campbell.
(b) Harry Armstrong.
(c) Gregory Mason.
(d) Mr. Bannister.
5. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
(a) The porch.
(b) The river.
(c) The water inside the watering tin.
(d) The front yard.
6. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
7. From where did the tomb builder come?
8. When Abigail was a child, who slept in the great tester bed in the south bedroom?
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
9. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(c) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
10. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
(a) Madison City.
(b) Near New Church.
(c) Honey Island Swamp.
(d) Across Providence River.
11. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Wood for a new fence.
(d) Cherokee rose branches.
12. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
13. What poetry does the elder Abigail enjoy reading out loud before she leaves for college?
14. Who is surrounded by "tiers of flesh"?
(a) Howland Campbell.
(b) William Howland.
(c) Annie Howland Campbell.
(d) Gregory Mason.
15. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
(a) In a houseboat in Mobile.
(b) In a shack in the middle of the swamp.
(c) In a floating house in New Church.
(d) In the biggest brick house in New Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
2. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
3. What is the eye color of the last William Howland's eyes?
4. What is likker?
5. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)