Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(b) The cat.
(c) A screech owl.
2. When William is called to war, where does he go?
(b) Camp Martin in New Orleans.
(c) Camp Reynolds in Savannah.
3. In what direction has the sun set at the beginning of "The Keepers of the House"?
(a) The clouds keep Abigail from seeing the sun set.
(b) Due west.
4. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Cherokee rose branches.
(c) Wood for a new fence.
5. From where did the tomb builder come?
6. When Abigail was a child, who slept in the great tester bed in the south bedroom?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
7. Whose shrieking does Abigail miss in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Two whipporwills.
(c) Her children.
(d) The townspeople.
8. Where does William's daughter go to college?
(a) Agnes Scott College in Georgia.
(b) Mary Baldwin in Virginia.
(c) University of Montevallo in Alabama.
(d) H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College in Louisiana.
9. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) Dryness of the skin.
(b) Water spilled onto the porch.
(c) The light on the porch.
(d) The creeping night.
10. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) A rock outcropping in a valley.
(b) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(c) A dry pond.
(d) The trees of winter.
11. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(b) Rufus Matthews.
(d) Calvin Robertson.
12. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
13. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(d) Small bird.
14. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
(a) The water inside the watering tin.
(b) The porch.
(c) The river.
(d) The front yard.
15. Who is Marge?
(a) Abigail's oldest child.
(b) Abigail's youngest child.
(c) William's wife.
(d) William's middle child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
2. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
3. What is Abigail's son's name?
4. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
5. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)