|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
(a) Across Providence River.
(b) Near New Church.
(c) Madison City.
(d) Honey Island Swamp.
2. What is Abigail's son's name?
3. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(a) Rufus Matthews.
(c) Calvin Robertson.
4. What is the eye color of the last William Howland's eyes?
5. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
(a) John, her husband.
6. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
(b) New Orleans.
7. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(b) Snow-covered peaks.
(c) Bare fields.
(d) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
8. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
(a) His daughter, Abigail.
(b) His mother.
9. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
(a) Gregory Mason.
(b) Mr. Bannister.
(c) Howland Campbell.
(d) Harry Armstrong.
10. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
(b) Tells the children to wash for dinner.
(c) Turns on the porch light.
(d) Puts on a sweater.
11. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
(b) Black panther.
12. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(b) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
13. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The trees.
(b) The Howland estate.
(c) The river.
(d) November evenings.
14. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) Providence River.
(c) Natchez River.
(d) Canadian River.
15. What is flying around the porch in the first chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is trainasse?
2. Who is Marge?
3. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
4. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
5. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)