|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the wood of John's home office desk?
(a) White pine.
(b) Red mahogany.
(c) Yellow oak.
(d) Black walnut.
2. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The trees.
(b) The river.
(c) The Howland estate.
(d) November evenings.
3. What is another name for Somerset County?
(a) Plantation Country.
(b) Tolliver Nation.
(c) Cotton County.
(d) Robbers' Nation.
4. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
5. With whom does Abigail drive off after her near drowning?
(a) John Tolliver.
(b) She drives off alone.
(c) Tom Stanley.
(d) Her roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issues the first invitation to Abigail after the information about her father and Margaret's marriage comes out?
2. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
3. Who leaves for boarding school the autumn after William's daughter dies?
4. Why does Abigail cry after the birth of her second child?
5. What did William give his daughter as a homecoming surprise after her first year of college?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)