|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had William hunted as a boy for a quarter for each skin?
2. Who goes out on the nights of the new moon to look for a hoop snake?
(a) Crissy and Robert.
(b) Robert and Abigail.
(c) Nina and Crissy.
(d) Abigail and Nina.
3. What part of Abigail's body hurts toward the end of the book?
(a) Her throat.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her feet.
4. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) Her ex-husband's family.
(b) Margaret's children.
(c) The county.
(d) The servants.
5. What is trainasse?
(a) An animal found in the swamp.
(b) Cajun name for swamp water.
(c) Cajun name for the marsh.
(d) Creole name for narrow tunnels in a marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
2. Who comments, "White trash will be the death of the South"?
3. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
4. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
5. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)