|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
(a) Boot scraper shaped like two rabbits.
(b) Rinses off with well water.
(c) Uses a stick to get the mud out.
(d) Cleans them in the river.
2. Why says, "Barns burn all the time"?
(d) The gubernatorial candidate.
3. What future governor phones Abigail in the epilogue?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Stuart Albertson.
(c) Herbert Dade.
(d) John Tolliver.
4. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(b) Abigail's grandfather's.
(c) Abigail's daughter's.
(d) Abigail's mother's.
5. What does Abigail toss into the concrete yard?
(a) John's chair.
(b) John's desk.
(c) Photographs of William's and Margaret's children.
(d) Her grandfather's reading chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
2. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
3. In the epilogue, where is Robert's home located?
4. What is another name for Somerset County?
5. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)