|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do William and Margaret have?
2. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
(b) Whisky straight.
(c) Bourbon and water.
(d) Fresh milk.
3. Who says, "It's hot and I'm miseried"?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(c) Abner Carmichael.
(d) Cousin Kate.
4. Who is best man at Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason?
(a) Rufus Matthews.
(b) Howland Campbell.
(c) Harry Armstrong.
(d) Calvin Robertson.
5. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
(a) 25 years; handyman/helper/manager.
(b) 20 years; general servant.
(c) 35 years; cook/helper.
(d) 30 years; handyman/overseer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
2. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
3. Where does John keep the Howland business records?
4. Who mentions in the epilogue that William probably owns the whole county?
5. Where do Abby and Mary Lee go to school at the end of the book?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)