|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William give his daughter as a homecoming surprise after her first year of college?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A trip to Europe.
(c) A gazebo.
(d) A horse.
2. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Rupert Brooks.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Percy Shelley.
3. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) A rock outcropping in a valley.
(b) The trees of winter.
(c) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(d) A dry pond.
4. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
(a) The younger Abigail.
(c) The older Abigail.
5. Who says that William's decision to remain a widower is indecent?
(a) Annie, his sister.
(b) Mariah Peters.
(c) Lucy Whittemore.
(d) Abigail, his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
2. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
3. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
4. When William is called to war, where does he go?
5. Where is John stationed during the Korean war?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)