|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
2. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
(a) Cleans them in the river.
(b) Uses a stick to get the mud out.
(c) Boot scraper shaped like two rabbits.
(d) Rinses off with well water.
3. What does Abigail's mother do with letters that arrive from her husband?
(a) Cries over them.
(b) Rips them in half.
(c) Reads them.
(d) Throws them into the fire.
4. When William comes across a still, the whiskey is aging in ______________.
(a) Pine barrel.
(b) Copper pot.
(c) Oak kegs.
(d) Cedar kegs.
5. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A cousin.
(d) Her great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In February, John calls Abigail to ask her out. On their date, a jukebox is playing. What is the first song they heard from it?
2. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
3. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
4. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
5. Where is Margaret when she first sees the spirit of her great-grandmother?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)