|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
(b) His daughter, Abigail.
(c) His mother.
2. As a child, where does Abigail go stay for almost a year?
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Annie.
3. When William is called to war, where does he go?
(a) Camp Reynolds in Savannah.
(c) Camp Martin in New Orleans.
4. Two African American children, six and seven years old, arrived at the Howland kitchen door on Sunday afternoon. What did everyone call these children?
5. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(b) Small bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
2. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
3. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
4. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
5. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)