|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Bare fields.
(c) Snow-covered peaks.
(d) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
2. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Small bird.
3. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
(a) Her great-grandmother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) A cousin.
(d) Her mother.
4. What color is the swamp azalea in this book?
(a) Red and yellow.
(b) Pink and white.
(c) Pink and red.
(d) White and purple.
5. Why is Abigail away from home for almost a year?
(a) Her grandfather and Margaret take Abigail's mother to a tuberculosis sanitarium.
(b) Hiding her from her father.
(c) A flood takes away the home, which has to be rebuilt.
(d) Margaret is mourning due to two miscarriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
3. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
4. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
5. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)