|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robert Stokes?
2. What sound do the branches of the bluish white hickory tree make?
3. Where do the newly married Tollivers honeymoon?
(a) New Orleans.
4. What do people clean muddy shoes on at the Howland home?
(a) Cleans them in the river.
(b) Rinses off with well water.
(c) Uses a stick to get the mud out.
(d) Boot scraper shaped like two rabbits.
5. Why is Abigail away from home for almost a year?
(a) Her grandfather and Margaret take Abigail's mother to a tuberculosis sanitarium.
(b) A flood takes away the home, which has to be rebuilt.
(c) Hiding her from her father.
(d) Margaret is mourning due to two miscarriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cousin Mary's family from?
2. In what direction has the sun set at the beginning of "The Keepers of the House"?
3. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
4. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
5. Who is Abigail referring to when she says, "He was as courtly as a planter out of a novel"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)