|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) Her ex-husband's family.
(b) Margaret's children.
(c) The county.
(d) The servants.
2. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) The trees of winter.
(b) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(c) A dry pond.
(d) A rock outcropping in a valley.
3. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
(a) The younger Abigail.
(d) The older Abigail.
4. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
(a) William's nephew.
(b) An earlier William Howland.
(c) Lorena's brother.
(d) The landlady's husband.
5. How old was Margaret when her mother left for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. When William is called to war, where does he go?
2. From where did the tomb builder come?
3. Who is passed out in the corner after the groom's breakfast?
4. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
5. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)