|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Margaret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no pictures of Lorena Adams Howland?
(a) William burned them one afternoon.
(b) They were lost over the years.
(c) Lorena refused to allow her picture to be taken.
(d) They burned in a house fire.
2. What sound do the branches of the bluish white hickory tree make?
3. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Roger Ellis.
(b) Grover Kent.
(c) Jack Tobias.
(d) Elfetha Harris.
4. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The Howland estate.
(b) The trees.
(c) November evenings.
(d) The river.
5. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
(c) The older Abigail.
(d) The younger Abigail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likker?
2. When Abigail was a child, who slept in the great tester bed in the south bedroom?
3. What rolls down the road when the moon is small, according to Margaret?
4. Who says that William's decision to remain a widower is indecent?
5. What is a 'painter' as mentioned in the Book of William?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)