|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Margaret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the branches of the bluish white hickory tree make?
2. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
(a) Carrying babies on your hip.
(b) Acting arrogant.
(c) Talking in dialect.
(d) Sagging diaper.
3. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
(a) In a houseboat in Mobile.
(b) In a floating house in New Church.
(c) In the biggest brick house in New Church.
(d) In a shack in the middle of the swamp.
4. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
(b) Small bird.
5. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Natchez River.
(b) Canadian River.
(c) Providence River.
(d) The Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
2. When William is called to war, where does he go?
3. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
4. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
5. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)