|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does William's daughter go to college?
(a) Agnes Scott College in Georgia.
(b) University of Montevallo in Alabama.
(c) Mary Baldwin in Virginia.
(d) H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College in Louisiana.
2. What had William hunted as a boy for a quarter for each skin?
3. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
(a) As if he owns the world.
(b) As the young boy she grew up with.
(c) As an old man.
(d) As if in fear.
4. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
(a) His daughter, Abigail.
(d) His mother.
5. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The river.
(b) November evenings.
(c) The trees.
(d) The Howland estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William comes across a still, the whiskey is aging in ______________.
2. What is trainasse?
3. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
4. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
5. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)