|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Calvin and John Robertson?
(a) Cousins of the Howlands.
(b) Brothers who run the Washington Hotel in town.
(c) Farmhands who work at the Howland estate.
(d) Moonshiners in Wade County.
2. What is likker?
(a) A species of cotton.
(b) A type of hunting dog.
(c) Alcohol made in stills in the South.
(d) A medicinal plant.
3. When William comes across a still, the whiskey is aging in ______________.
(a) Cedar kegs.
(b) Pine barrel.
(c) Copper pot.
(d) Oak kegs.
4. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
(d) New Orleans.
5. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
3. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
4. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
5. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)