|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
2. Who says that William's decision to remain a widower is indecent?
(a) Lucy Whittemore.
(b) Mariah Peters.
(c) Abigail, his daughter.
(d) Annie, his sister.
3. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) Providence River.
(c) Canadian River.
(d) Natchez River.
4. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
(a) As if he owns the world.
(b) As if in fear.
(c) As the young boy she grew up with.
(d) As an old man.
5. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
(a) Five years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is William when he thinks that he is old?
2. Where are the Robertsons rumored to build the latest addition to their business?
3. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
4. How did William Marshall Howland die?
5. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)