|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The creeping night.
(b) The light on the porch.
(c) Dryness of the skin.
(d) Water spilled onto the porch.
2. Who has fallen into a weaving of invisible threads at the beginning of the book?
3. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
4. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
(a) He packs food.
(b) He buys a skiff.
(c) He draws a map.
(d) He cleans his guns.
5. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
(a) The house appears as it was.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is happy.
(d) Her grandfather is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
2. Why are there no pictures of Lorena Adams Howland?
3. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail believe she sees over the river?
4. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
5. What looks like a choppy sea to Abigail?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)