|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(b) Cherokee rose branches.
(c) Wood for a new fence.
2. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) Her ex-husband's family.
(b) The servants.
(c) The county.
(d) Margaret's children.
3. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(b) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
4. From where did the tomb builder come?
5. What is likker?
(a) A species of cotton.
(b) Alcohol made in stills in the South.
(c) A medicinal plant.
(d) A type of hunting dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is William when he thinks that he is old?
2. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
4. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
5. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)