|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
2. To whom does William admit being able to stand for his whole life, so he can manage a little more?
(b) Rufus Matthews.
(d) Calvin Robertson.
3. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A bird with a broken wing.
4. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The light on the porch.
(b) The creeping night.
(c) Dryness of the skin.
(d) Water spilled onto the porch.
5. What is likker?
(a) A type of hunting dog.
(b) A medicinal plant.
(c) Alcohol made in stills in the South.
(d) A species of cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lorena diagnosed with three days after giving birth to a son?
2. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
3. What is flying around the porch in the first chapter?
4. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
5. Who is surrounded by "tiers of flesh"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)