|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) The trees of winter.
(b) A rock outcropping in a valley.
(c) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(d) A dry pond.
2. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(a) A screech owl.
(c) The cat.
3. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(a) Abigail's daughter's.
(c) Abigail's grandfather's.
(d) Abigail's mother's.
4. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
(a) 25 years; handyman/helper/manager.
(b) 30 years; handyman/overseer.
(c) 35 years; cook/helper.
(d) 20 years; general servant.
5. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose shrieking does Abigail miss in the first Book of Abigail?
2. What does the owl have for supper in the first Book of Abigail?
3. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
4. What had William hunted as a boy for a quarter for each skin?
5. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)