|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
(a) 35 years; cook/helper.
(b) 20 years; general servant.
(c) 25 years; handyman/helper/manager.
(d) 30 years; handyman/overseer.
2. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Bare fields.
(b) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(d) Snow-covered peaks.
3. What is trainasse?
(a) An animal found in the swamp.
(b) Cajun name for the marsh.
(c) Cajun name for swamp water.
(d) Creole name for narrow tunnels in a marsh.
4. Who is Michael Campbell?
(a) William's brother-in-law.
(b) The Madison City postmaster.
(c) William's cousin who is a doctor.
(d) William's cousin who is a lawyer.
5. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
(a) Three months.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When William is called to war, where does he go?
2. Who says that William's decision to remain a widower is indecent?
3. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
4. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
5. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)