|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a 'painter' as mentioned in the Book of William?
(a) Someone who paints barns.
(b) A type of slave.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) An artist.
2. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
3. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
4. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
(a) 20 years; general servant.
(b) 35 years; cook/helper.
(c) 30 years; handyman/overseer.
(d) 25 years; handyman/helper/manager.
5. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
(a) Her great-great-great-great-grandfather.
(b) Her great-great grandfather.
(c) Her great-great-great grandfather.
(d) Her great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likker?
2. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
3. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
4. Where does William's daughter go to college?
5. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)